3rd Annual WWEF Fantasy League Thread- League Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Make it a money league next year~

But I believe the week prior they joked about having Kevin send her his whole offense for the week, but that you'd veto it. Albeit it was a joke, same intent.
I'm retiring from fantasy football after this season

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
It is a minor issue because this is a "fun" league (for some lol) and it was "just" defenses but it is still collusion and I'm just wondering why he would do it. Did he approach you with the trade just to help you out?

I'm the type who doesn't like speaking for others, so I'll let him address that if he so chooses.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
He can address it or not, I'll just go ahead and lay down the ruling. Kevin isn't allowed to make trades moving forward.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Though I will say I'm loving the use of the word "collusion" and variations on "collude." Don't see that word very often, which makes me appreciate it. Most people just go with conspire it seems like.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
It is a minor issue because this is a "fun" league (for some lol) and it was "just" defenses but it is still collusion and I'm just wondering why he would do it. Did he approach you with the trade just to help you out?

I mean, if this were a money league you'd both be gone as far as I'm concerned.

Didn't realize that me helping out a friend by sending a DEF to her would be a problem in a league where there is nothing on the line.

Obviously Dolph is no longer having fun and now he's taking all the fun out of it for me as well.. I won't be worrying about my team anymore. I'm done.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Only because the league is no big deal. If this were a competitive league it would be a massive issue.

Yeah, except that this still isn't a competitive league. The league is no big deal and you were right to veto the trade back, but banning from trading for a trade that wound up not mattering in the end is a little harsh for a league that "is no big deal", don't you think? The veto was punishment enough.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Yeah, except that this still isn't a competitive league. The league is no big deal and you were right to veto the trade back, but banning from trading for a trade that wound up not mattering in the end is a little harsh for a league that "is no big deal", don't you think? The veto was punishment enough.
Fun league or not, rules are rules at the end of the day. I hate how everyone is copping out with the whole "it's only for fun". Oh, so that means I can give away Ben and Dez to Dolph to boost his team to the top amirite? For fuck's sake, stop acting as if it isn't a problem.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Fun league or not, rules are rules at the end of the day. I hate how everyone is copping out with the whole "it's only for fun". Oh, so that means I can give away Ben and Dez to Dolph to boost his team to the top amirite? For fuck's sake, stop acting as if it isn't a problem.

No, it doesn't mean that at all. He was punished by the collusion being stopped. They made the trade and they're stuck with it.

If you do something like that, it ruins the fun of the league and we all stop playing, so it only hurts you in the end.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
No, it doesn't mean that at all. He was punished by the collusion being stopped. They made the trade and they're stuck with it.

If you do something like that, it ruins the fun of the league and we all stop playing, so it only hurts you in the end.
Only the small minority is being upset currently. I think Dolph is right in this case, it's a damn rule.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
If the league is no big deal why are we playing? It just doesn't sit well with me. If you had scored more points and the Miami D dropping 25 had cost you the game then is it a big deal? It is obviously something that shouldn't happen and common sense dictates that they both probably knew it wasn't a very good idea.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Seriously. If someone is taking 4 steps to make a lay up in pick up ball it is still cheating, even if we are playing for fun. Rules are in place for a reason.