• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

2K17 league ideas and changes

Who would you prefer run the 2K17 league based on the ideas you've seen in this thread?

• Emo

• Jet Starr

• I just want to see the votes

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireshock

THE INSTANT CLASSIC
Absolutely agree. Majority of people's finishers is like some Indy darlings move and then we have the odd case of some people who have a super kick. I don't think anyone's finisher really stands out with the exception of my falling dropkick (Yeah get mad nerds) and H's BWS. I feel like we can do something with finishers as well. Another thing related to that I'd like to add is that if we pick a finisher we stick with that finisher. No changing that move within 2 weeks. Now if it's been 2 months I understand but I'd just like if people stick with what they have. Another thing I'd like to add onto that would relate to catching finishers. To me it just doesn't make sense if you're doing a catching F5 or Super kick or Spear if none of your sigs or finishers are any of those moves or somehow related to those moves. I'd like to see that changed too.
Agreed maybe a part on the roster page can have everyone's finishers listed and they put on the sign up part too.

Emo

The Artiste
Agreed maybe a part on the roster page can have everyone's finishers listed and they put on the sign up part too.
:/
I believe that everyone in the league has a different finisher, so I don't think there really needs to be a rule on the matter.

Edit: Maybe we should add in something on the chatboard in order to keep track of finishers though, that way people see what ones are already being used, and it would also be a way to make sure we don't have anyone changing their finishers too much (changing them 2 or 3 times throughout the year is fine, but more than that is kind of ridiculous, as it is a signature maneuver of your character)

Closed

The Game
Banned
If we are restricting things, we have to have more than just comebacks being something that Heels can't use, otherwise it's unfair. Therefore, I think that restricting Resiliency 3 to Faces, meanwhile Heels only being able to use Level 1, is a fine and fair idea.
Heels have ring escapes though. Resil version 3 should be available to faces/heels.

Fireshock

THE INSTANT CLASSIC
Opps I may have missed that part
giphy.gif
:)

Emo

The Artiste
Heels have ring escapes though. Resil version 3 should be available to faces/heels.
Heels also have Dirty Pin. So that would mean that heels can do Dirty Pin and Resiliency, as well as remove the turnbuckle pad, meanwhile all Faces could do is comeback. Seriously Blur, restricting Res 3 to Faces is the fairest way to go about it

Closed

The Game
Banned
Heels also have Dirty Pin. So that would mean that heals can do Dirty Pin and Resiliency, as well as remove the turnbuckle pad, meanwhile all Faces could do is comeback. Seriously Blur, restricting Res 3 to Faces is the fairest way to go about it
Who said those pins will be included? Wait until @Jet Starr plays the game first to check if they're fair for competitive use.

Emo

The Artiste
Who said those pins will be included? Wait until @Jet Starr plays the game first to check if they're fair for competitive use.
Another thing that I think should be let back in is using the ropes for leverage in a pin. You can only do it once or twice, therefore it's not like someone can abuse it. The two rules I would just add onto it is that 1) you can only use the ropes to pin if you are a heel and 2) you can only use the ropes to pin as long as you don't have to drag your opponent to do so (meaning your finisher has to get them in the position that you would be able to use the ropes).

The reason for those rules would be obviously that you don't really see faces using the ropes to get a victory and that you never see a wrestler drag their opponents over to the ropes in order to use them. They only use it when their opponent lands near the ropes
Should we go by these rules for Dirty Pin, there would be no reason for it to be banned. Therefore, I say there is high likelihood it will be allowed

Closed

The Game
Banned
guys, making resil 3 just for faces is a really bad idea. 90% of the league would end up as faces just so they can use the skill. Best way to go about it is to have comebacks for faces and ring escapes for heels. Maybe add new shit in such as pins if they're cool to use next year, but keeping that skill for faces will do more harm than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.