2016 NFL Regular Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Buccaneers RB Doug "Muscle Hamster" Martin will be serving a 4 game suspension for failing a drug test (PEDs).. He's been having dependency issues on Adderall It seems and has since checked himself into rehab.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
lol Rex Ryan is a bum

and yeah the Bills are never gonna do anything worthwhile, lol. trash organization

That's the thing with Rex though. He's had so much success with some real trash ass teams. Hell people mocked his time with the Jets so much, dude got a .500 season out of Geno Smith

Also Doug Whaley's other two hires were Doug Marrone and Chan Gailey. I'd be PISSED to lose Rex if I was a Bills fan

Honestly while I still think he's crazy to not go to Denver, I LOVE the idea with Romo AND Coughlin in Jacksonville. Their defense was quality this year.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Finally @Just Kevin we are brought to the attention of the Dolphins.. The Dolphins are equipped with a great run game but if Tannehill has to miss the whole post season and Matt Moore can't pull some wins to get them to the divisional round or maybe even conference if Tannehill isn't quite ready to come back yet then I don't see them competing with Dallas. Matt Moore isn't a slouch by any means, but he's no Tannyboy.. Miami's defense could provide difficulty for the Cowboys offense but with Moore at the helm I don't see anyone other than Ajayi finding success. Dolphins may struggle even getting out of the first round unfortunately (Good luck to you guys!)

3 games, 3 wins.. 516 yds passing, 6 TDs, 2 INTs.. 113.4 QB rating... I trust Matt Moore to take us as far as the defense allows us to go. The defense is the only thing standing in our way right now. They allowed Buffalo 589 yards of offense this past week.. 589 YARDS! It's fucking ridiculous. The offense doesn't worry me.. we put up 26, 34, 34 the last 3 games. If we can't pressure Brady or stop Blount then we won't win the AFC, period. Our run defense is atrocious.. We gave up 80 yards to David Johnson, 83 to Bilal Powell, and 123 to Shady over the past 3 weeks. If we don't buckle down then Blount will establish the NE running game and then Brady will be open to tear our secondary apart... but if we hold Blount then the secondary isn't as pressured and they can shadow everyone making it very hard to be successful in the passing game. It all depends on our defense.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
3 games, 3 wins.. 516 yds passing, 6 TDs, 2 INTs.. 113.4 QB rating... I trust Matt Moore to take us as far as the defense allows us to go.

516 yds passing in 3 games is alarming to me if he faces any team that Is going to produce more than 21 points a game.. An average of 172 yds per game isn't good enough by any means to compete against a team like the Pats or the Steelers (I know Miami snuck the home win earlier in the season against Pitt but again that was with Tanny, also at home but things are different). Dolphins better play their hearts out this weekend to beat the Patriots and pray the Chargers knock off the Chiefs at their last game in Qualcomm Stadium (allegedly) that way they can stay warm in the south and play the Texans. Going against the Texans, another clock management team would be the best bet for the Dolphins to escape the first round. They certainly don't want to stay at #6 and head off to Pittsburgh and face the hungry Steelers who also happen to be looking for revenge against Miami from earlier in October.

Honestly while I still think he's crazy to not go to Denver, I LOVE the idea with Romo AND Coughlin in Jacksonville. Their defense was quality this year.

I can see that duo at JVille or Buffalo, Romo's going to want to go to a team similar to the Cowboys as far as protection scheme is concerned. Jacksonville will probably be his best bet if they can lock down more strength on that left side Romo would be pretty well guarded and have some speedy receivers to open the field so he's not sitting back all day with a higher pct chance of getting rocked.

Snowman1

Reaction score
But something I've always mentioned for gamblers is to ALWAYS bet on backup quarterbacks, because when that happens the rest of the team has to step up... I'm wondering if Matt McGloin falls into that category. Here with the bye week and whatever it takes these guys are going to be REALLY motivated to show up step up and man up in the postseason. Tom Brady won't be doing anything when Khalil Mack gets 5 sacks

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
But something I've always mentioned for gamblers is to ALWAYS bet on backup quarterbacks, because when that happens the rest of the team has to step up... I'm wondering if Matt McGloin falls into that category. Here with the bye week and whatever it takes these guys are going to be REALLY motivated to show up step up and man up in the postseason. Tom Brady won't be doing anything when Khalil Mack gets 5 sacks
I'm staying positive about the whole situation.

McGloin is not the worst option for a backup QB in the world, good offensive weapons to work with, and the defense is great when they step up. So you never know. As upsetting as Derek Carr's injury is, my team is in the playoffs for the first time in 15 years so I'm pretty happy with this season regardless.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Chip and Baalke out in San Francisco, feel bad for whoever takes the job!

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Pack controll their destiny tonight. Also we miss you, Ryan Steve aka d'z

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Chip and Baalke out in San Francisco, feel bad for whoever takes the job!
I hope it's Jeff Garcia, that'd be a solid shot at a NFL coaching debut. I'm wondering what Chip Kelly is going to do now that his College spot is already locked down.. Idk who would be desperate enough to let their locker room become suspect to Chip's certain demise.

RIP Steve Smith Sr.'s career, it was surely a HOF one and he will be missed as one of the greats at the Wideout position.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
We're cursed. That's all there is to it.

Finally have a winning season and make the playoffs? Starting QB gets injured. Have a somewhat reliable backup QB that has a chance to do some good? Shoulder injury.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
and Matt McGloin goes down with a shoulder injury... should I ask if anything else can go wrong for the Raiders?

Ugh on a BS late hit too.. cost me some Draft Kings moolah.

Tom Savage got hurt for the Texans and Osweiler stepped back in.. and looked like poop.

Michael Floyd had a nice hard fought touchdown on a great route for him slanting in from wide left. Also dropped a vicious block allowing Edelman to go 77 yds.. Patriots might have got a nice little playoff weapon if he stays clean.

Bills had to have given up the most bonehead TD I've seen in my lifetime.. they failed to recover a kick and allowed the Jets to recover it in the endzone for a TD... a gosh darn kick off lmao..

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tom Brady barely edged Nick Foles on this record.

TB #12... 28 TD and 2 INT will go down as the current leader in Passing TD to Int Ration. (Foles was 27 TD and 2 INT)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
David Johnson possible torn meniscus

Chip Kelly fired by the Niners along with their GM
Mike McCoy fired by the Chargers
Gary Kubiak retiring

Lots of open HC jobs this year, and I'm sure there will be at least a couple more.