2016 NFL Regular Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Thankfully I wont have to see Denver in another playoff game this year.. The team's defense and strong coaching kept them alive all season.. but their offense lacked production QB wise and Rushing wise, even before CJ Anderson got hurt. I would like to see them get back to a competitive level once again but I think their record more likely should've been an even 8-8 IMHO.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
So Happy!

15578760_10155593586888452_8952152357447923722_n.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Bryce Petty went down with a Shoulder injury will be on IR, not that it matters for the Jets.. but I am curious if they will roll with Fitznotmagic for the meaningless week 17 game or will they let Whackenberg strut his stuff for the first time and activate him for a spot start.

I say you go with Whacky, I mean we know what Fitz can do and we know he won't be a Jet this upcoming season.. We also know that a 2nd round pick was used to select Christian.. IF the Jets choose to play a departing player rather then letting Christian wet his whistle with some real NFL experience I'd be shocked.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Zeke showing off more of that 'Freak' status off tonight.. 55 YD TD run where he Zoomed past the secondary as soon as he broke through the line. The kid is something special, everyone knew he would be an NFL ready RB and most people assumed it would turn out like this if he was protected by an offensive line like one similar to Dallas.. Look at him now, 1600+ YDs after the run and 14 rushing TDs, 16 Total.. Pending any injuries, he's probably going to be #1, #2 or #3 pick each of these next 4 years in fantasy drafts (minimum).

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm not sure who's going to stop the Cowboys if they continue to play like this... absolutely nuts! Bryant, Dak, Zeke, Witten, Beasley, David Irving, all other Cowboy players... I hope they run up 50+ tonight.

Can't wait until Houston, Cowboys vs Dolphins!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Falcons and Green Bay are the only two teams (going by how they're shaped for the playoffs and how they've been playing as of late side by side with the Cowboys) I would say actually have a shot on the NFC side of the playoffs. To counter a highly productive offense like Dallas' you need one of your own, their defense can be exploited and I think Matty Ice or A-Rod has an equal chance of winning with their teams as Dak does with his.

As for the AFC...

Steelers.. got close and I think they could put up a good fight, they have high offensive production and their defense while slothlike in the beginning of the season has come together for the most part (other than their secondary).

Patriots.. well It's Tom Brady and Billy Boy... We know exactly what these boys are capable of and that is one word "WINNING" These guys would be my favorites to take down the Cowboys from the AFC.

Oakland.. Derek Carr and company could've put up one helluva game against Dallas.. I think both teams have relatively similar squads on paper but Oakland the slight edge on defense and Dallas the slight edge on Offense. However now that McGloin is in the picture I just can't see them doing anything close to what Carr could've against Dallas.

Kansas City.. Andy Reid knows Dallas' style of ball very well.. The Chiefs are no slouch on the defensive side of the ball and have an offense that may not be loaded with superstars, but they are equipped to do some damage. Maybe not as well as the Dallas Offense is equipped but the defense of KC could give the offense of Dallas a run for their money come Superbowl time should this be the match-up.

Texans.. The battle of Texas... Tom Savage is the Playoff QB here.. Lamar Miller and the defense is probably not enough to keep Dallas down.. Houston is most likely looking at a big loss in the opening round but if they manage to make it to the big game under Savage.. I have no idea what to expect.. I would say Dallas clobbers them but Savage is the wildcard there.. not much tape on the guy.. with the weapons around him and a solid performance by the D I don't see why they couldn't contend... again that is if Savage gets them out of the first round.

Finally @Just Kevin we are brought to the attention of the Dolphins.. The Dolphins are equipped with a great run game but if Tannehill has to miss the whole post season and Matt Moore can't pull some wins to get them to the divisional round or maybe even conference if Tannehill isn't quite ready to come back yet then I don't see them competing with Dallas. Matt Moore isn't a slouch by any means, but he's no Tannyboy.. Miami's defense could provide difficulty for the Cowboys offense but with Moore at the helm I don't see anyone other than Ajayi finding success. Dolphins may struggle even getting out of the first round unfortunately (Good luck to you guys!)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Damn Kevin... make the playoffs and fire their coach... what did DK do to you lol

Enjoy another losing tenure as you hire a worse coach Buffalo lmao

KILL THOSE DAMNED STEELERS. PHINS UP.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
lol Rex Ryan is a bum

and yeah the Bills are never gonna do anything worthwhile, lol. trash organization

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'd like to see Tom Coughlin coach back in the state of New York.. except this time with Buffalo.

Lol Wentz is that new modern day farm boy, hillbilly esque player, those are some hella nice shotguns they're saying he bought for 'em though. I've seen them vary between 1500 & 2000 dollars around these parts of Ohio.
Wentz buys his O-line shotguns for Christmas

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score
I always thought Coughlin was a good coach and he sorta got the raw end of the deal with how things went down with the Giants.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I always thought Coughlin was a good coach and he sorta got the raw end of the deal with how things went down with the Giants.

Allegedly he's interviewing for a job with a warmer atmosphere in Jacksonville as their HC.. Jacksonville isn't short on talent except for a few positions which can be fixed/at the least easily improved within this next offseason between the draft and free agency. If Coughlin were to come in and address the run game appropriately as well as getting an actual productive QB he may be able to produce a couple seasons similar to those last ones with the Giants.