2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
I was seriously contemplating if West Ham was drunk yesterday.

Is there some unwritten rule that one claret colored team per season has to underperform?

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I was seriously contemplating if West Ham was drunk yesterday.

Is there some unwritten rule that one claret colored team per season has to underperform?
They have been drunk all season, the defending, Zaza and the stadium have all been woeful. A home stadium is supposed to be a fortress and upton park was that. Payet is daydreaming until the transfer window reopens

Stopspot

Reaction score
They have been drunk all season, the defending, Zaza and the stadium have all been woeful. A home stadium is supposed to be a fortress and upton park was that. Payet is daydreaming until the transfer window reopens
The only guy who's really trying is Noble. Which is not surprising considering he's Mr West Ham

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Christian Pulisic is the greatest of all time. [HASHTAG]#USA[/HASHTAG] [HASHTAG]#murrica[/HASHTAG]

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Sam Allardyce has left his post as England manager by mutual agreement with the Football Association after one match and 67 days in charge.

It follows a newspaper investigation claiming he offered advice on how to "get around" rules on player transfers.

Allardyce, 61, is also alleged to have used his role to negotiate a deal worth £400,000 to represent a Far East firm.

An FA statement said Allardyce's conduct "was inappropriate" and Gareth Southgate will take temporary charge.

"He accepts he made a significant error of judgement and has apologised," the FA said.

"This is not a decision that was taken lightly but the FA's priority is to protect the wider interests of the game and maintain the highest standards of conduct in football.

"The manager of the England men's senior team is a position which must demonstrate strong leadership and show respect for the integrity of the game at all times."

Allardyce succeeded Roy Hodgson in July following England's disastrous performance at Euro 2016 in France and becomes the national side's shortest-serving full-time manager.

Source:Sam Allardyce: England manager leaves after one match in charge

Stopspot

Reaction score
Guidolin got the axe at Swansea. Replaced by former US international manager Bob Bradley.

Sure Swans had a rough start but Guidolin was going to get dropped one way or another since the new owners did not want him in the first place.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Guidolin got the axe at Swansea. Replaced by former US international manager Bob Bradley.

Sure Swans had a rough start but Guidolin was going to get dropped one way or another since the new owners did not want him in the first place.

Is this the same owners that sacked Gary monk (who knew the club inside out) way to soon?

Stopspot

Reaction score
Is this the same owners that sacked Gary monk (who knew the club inside out) way to soon?
No. These are the brand new owners who took control of the club in July I believe.

DylanTM

Reaction score
He was unlucky in his last few matches, but I'm not surprised. Sacking Monk was a terrible decision in the first place.

Where has Bradley managed before?

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
He was unlucky in his last few matches, but I'm not surprised. Sacking Monk was a terrible decision in the first place.

Where has Bradley managed before?
Homeland and the national job ane a brief spell in france last term.

2nd round of a world cup snd runner up in confedrations shit cup plus garbage honors in america

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah your right, Americans looking after their own. Only six games in and they sack a guy who took them to 12th. Yanks no fuck all about footie
Look what happened to Villa under American ownership. I have no problem with American ownership. But I'd expect some commitment outside of capital.

Stopspot

Reaction score
@seabs @Gav in da BPL! @Aphex Twin the boys that know anything about the championship.

Swedish defender Pontus Jansson has been in Leeds for just a month and he already has a chant from the crowd. And it is a doozy.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I used to know about the championship a fair bit but not any more really. Is the chant googable?

Pontus Jansson's magic, he wears a magic hat. And if you throw a brick at him, HE'LL HEAD THAT FUCKER BACK!"

Reactions: Mike Thunder