2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Very pleased with Real, Dortmund, Juve and Leicester winning tonight.

Also, I actually watched Bayer vs Tottenham tonight and The Spurs should be pleased with a draw.

They missed some big chances in the first half when they could've had it won there, I'm surprised Bayer could not manage to make them pay. 'cause they were clearly the better team after the break.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Leicester have done well but for the first time ever this season the champs are seeded and this is a easy group for them, still getting raped in the league. Group stages are pretty dull and easy

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Spurs vs Leverkusen was a good, if frustrating game from my point of view. This group is arguably the most even group in the CL so it is bound to be filled with tough matches. Considering how even the game was with both teams dominating a half each I am happy with a draw.

Lloris with the save of the season as well. My word.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Spurs vs Leverkusen was a good, if frustrating game from my point of view. This group is arguably the most even group in the CL so it is bound to be filled with tough matches. Considering how even the game was with both teams dominating a half each I am happy with a draw.

Lloris with the save of the season as well. My word.

What would be a good season for spurs for you?

Stopspot

Reaction score
What would be a good season for spurs for you?
Another top 3-4th place in the premier league to establish ourselves on that level more. Getting out of the group stages in the CL and going far in the domestic cups. If we could win either the EFL cup or the FA cup that would be grand. Obviously winning the league would be the best but any type of silver ware would be great

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Another top 3-4th place in the premier league to establish ourselves on that level more. Getting out of the group stages in the CL and going far in the domestic cups. If we could win either the EFL cup or the FA cup that would be grand. Obviously winning the league would be the best but any type of silver ware would be great

Yeah a top 3 and a knockout cl would be amazing for spurs for them further establish and attract players to them to push them on for a trophy of some kind.

For arsenal for me personally is for us to win the league, way too many seasons as a 2,3,4 team and we already have recent fa cup wins in the bag. Then in coming seasons I would like us to actually perform better in the CL. I think last six seasons we have been knocked out in the 2nd round and we always look 2nd best against the Barcelona, bayern of this world

Star67

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm a massive football fan, I support a team called Scunthorpe United. We're in League 1, not sure how many of you will know of us haha.

DylanTM

Reaction score
I love how the website censored out the c word in Scunthorpe.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Disappointing night last night up until the second half of the second half. Spurs played a too young and weak side against a very hungry Liverpool. It was obvious they lacked a defensive general. But they played better towards the end and we didn't just go out quietly. But still a disappointing night.

On the plus side there's a lot of the PL left and it is obvious we prioritize that more than the League cup. And we have the Champions league and the FA cup coming up. Still a shame that we could not go further. But Liverpool is a respectable club to go out against.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Disappointing night last night up until the second half of the second half. Spurs played a too young and weak side against a very hungry Liverpool. It was obvious they lacked a defensive general. But they played better towards the end and we didn't just go out quietly. But still a disappointing night.

On the plus side there's a lot of the PL left and it is obvious we prioritize that more than the League cup. And we have the Champions league and the FA cup coming up. Still a shame that we could not go further. But Liverpool is a respectable club to go out against.

I can understand it is 4th on the list of priorities but it is probably the best chance of a first trophy since 2008 and a first under the new management. only won 3 trophies since 1990. win this and and it would of been a good way of getting a winning mentality and would be good for a league push next season. No chance of spurs winning the league when they do not score a lot and only have Kane as a consistent scorer.Also Chelsea fielding a weekend team when the have no Europe footie is strange and they payed the price. A trophy is still a trophy and if you can one up your local rivals all the better.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I can understand it is 4th on the list of priorities but it is probably the best chance of a first trophy since 2008 and a first under the new management. only won 3 trophies since 1990. win this and and it would of been a good way of getting a winning mentality and would be good for a league push next season. No chance of spurs winning the league when they do not score a lot and only have Kane as a consistent scorer.Also Chelsea fielding a weekend team when the have no Europe footie is strange and they payed the price. A trophy is still a trophy and if you can one up your local rivals all the better.
Yup. Lots of headscratching going on. At least Janssen scored against Leicester this weekend so hopefully he gets going. But you also have to be patient with guys from other leagues. There's almost always a time period were they have to adapt. Strikers especially.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Janssen from the pundits on match of the day say he has been a hard worker despite not getting the goals, now two in two so he is progressing. Pl is a much faster league then in Holland. So he is bound to find it hard, but hopefully for your mob he can keep up his recent goal scoring exploits.

Been a strange season a big team has usually spanked a big team and it has not been even between them apart from that bore draw with liver pool and man u.

Quite confident for the derby this weekend but Spurs have a a better defence and do have goalscoring threats in the side even if they are not as consistent as Kane.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Though Man U not being able to trump Burnley was disappointing, Atletico's rebound was good enough to make this a good week, for my teams. :obama: