2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

DylanTM

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that under the list of names of the minl league, lol name is very witty.

Yeah, I like it. Me and a friend of mine made a story which went through loads of Leicester players (Jamie Vardy's Having A Party, Drink Water, Book Mahrezervations, Schmeichal Jackson singing, Etc).

Out of curiosity, do any of ye play Football Manager?

Declandimi1

Jobber
Reaction score
Pretty Happy With My Team This Year! Waiting to see if Lukaku plays. If he does will swap him in for Rashford. Thoughts Anyone?

Screen Shot 2016-08-12 at 9.15.23 pm.png

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
I was going to pick rashford for my team but changed my mind, not sure if he will start for them. May get a sub appearance

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Well that was a interesting first day of the BPL season

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Totally forgot the new BPL season was starting today.

Looked at the results and wow, Leicester lost, The Spurs' game ended in a draw...

Hopefully Man U crush Bournemouth tomorrow.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It felt good being back in the premier league today we played really well today against we dominated the first half but stoke fought back well I'm the second half a draw was probably a fair result

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Spurs had a rough first half. Barkley's free kick goal took them by surprise I think, and Hugo going off with a hamstring injury did not help. Thank god Vorm came in and was on point. Probably the best I have seen him in a Spurs shirt tbh. Worked themselves into the game more during the first but Everton dominated the first half.

Second half was much better tho and we got that much deserved equalizer. Will say kudos to Pochettino and the squad for being willing to shift system when plan A did not work. 4-4-2 worked well and I could see us playing more in that line up going forward if it keeps giving a positive effect having Janssen and Kane on point at the same time. Honestly think we should have won considering the pressure we put on Steckelenburg in the second, but a draw was fair I guess. Better opening day result than last year if anything.

Will say tho, Eriksen looked unmotivated. Probably because of his on going negotiations. Thank god that Lamela, Dele and Son exists if we end up parting ways with Eriksen this year.

Declandimi1

Jobber
Reaction score
Do we have or should we start a predictions league? I'd be willing to start one if we don't

DylanTM

Reaction score
I left Defoe on the bench :( Lloris was my 'keeper, went off injured :( Mkhi was my captain, came on late :( Ayew off injured :(

Martial was my saving grace.