2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-08-05-22-59-25.png

and they thought it was gunna be easy welcome to the championship! would love them to do a leeds

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Yesterday my dad and I made the drive to the Swedish city of Östersund for the nort Sweden derby in the Swedish Prem. My dad lives in a city called Sundsvall which up until this season was the only club in the north of Sweden to have a spot in the prem, but Östersund managed to get promoted for this season so now we have proper derbies up north. And the 2 hour drive is a breeze.

It was probably my best football experience live, 8208 people packed the arena and the weather and mood was on point. Unlike the Stockholm derbies, who always end up with people being sent away in cop vans and ambulances, the north Sweden derbies are fantastic. Supporters from booth clubs just hang out, sing, eat and drink together. Great mood all around.

Sadly Sundsvall lost 4-0, which in the grand scheme of things is fair I guess since they won the reverse fixture 5-0. But they played pitifully yesterday and it is a shame watching the team you root for lose by that type of margin. Both teams are sitting safe for now and I don't see either side get relegated so hopefully there will be plenty more north Sweden derbies in the top division to come.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Having watched the game, Fulham got off easy. Two obvious hand balls in the penalty area that the referee ignored
yes they probably were to be honest but its the championship teams get screwed over all the time on another note that piece of skill by odoi was outrageous

Stopspot

Reaction score
yes they probably were to be honest but its the championship teams get screwed over all the time on another note that piece of skill by odoi was outrageous
That was absolutely mental

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Pogba is not worth 89 mil but there you go, it is the state of the bonkers transfer market for the past 15 plus years.

THG?

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
shame there ain't a fantasy football league here like previous years

Stopspot

Reaction score
shame there ain't a fantasy football league here like previous years
Ask and ye shall receive.

The code to join the official WWEForums fantasy BPL league is
1818691-442615

This is the official fantasy league engine on premierleague.com

Season kicks off on Saturday so people better get their teams in before that for safety's sake

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
Ask and ye shall receive.

The code to join the official WWEForums fantasy BPL league is
1818691-442615

This is the official fantasy league engine on premierleague.com

Season kicks off on Saturday so people better get their teams in before that for safety's sake
I joined even though I have no idea what I'm doing
upload_2016-8-9_18-24-59.png

The Gipper

The Gipper
Reaction score
One thing I would do is switch out Worm in goal. Worm is the spurs reserve keeper. So you might want to look at a starting goalie for maximum points possible
what about Everton's Robles?

Stopspot

Reaction score
what about Everton's Robles?
He's their new number 1. So he should be the starting goalkeeper going forward. He took over that role during the previous season and I have not seen Everton make a goalkeeper signing this summer to make me think Robles isn't the starter this season

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
The lone Atletico fan is here to say that Atletico will have just as good a season, we got Kevin Gameiro and Gaitan. Not the greatest, but they're young, well-seasoned. All they need is some of that Atletico push to get them into a well-oiled machine.

Atletico may not be good at ever winning the biggest games, but they are really good at taking young players, and seasoning them into big names.