• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

F.R.I.E

Save_Us Frie.2.J
Reaction score
Interesting comparison, similar in ways. Mankind had the demented execution of his promos down though. I just watched his 1998 promo against taker before hell in the cell because we're talking about him. It's amazing
Definitely a great promo. Unfortunately, it led to quite a beating, lol.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I forgot about his time with the mask, that was truly good. No where near mankind though, imo.

No I didn't intend to put him on par with Foley's promos, but it certainly drew from Mankind the character. It showed a range I didn't think he was capable of. Before "Dashing", Cody had been generic-athletic-Rhodes-boy. I was a fan, and you could see the potential in the ring, but character-wise nothing was there.

Reactions: Wacokid27

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No I didn't intend to put him on par with Foley's promos, but it certainly drew from Mankind the character. It showed a range I didn't think he was capable of. Before "Dashing", Cody had been generic-athletic-Rhodes-boy. I was a fan, and you could see the potential in the ring, but character-wise nothing was there.
Okay, I understand what you are saying now. Sorry for the confusion, that's my fault. Anyways, he's improved and that was his knock against him coming in if I remember correctly. So, 2014 seems like it'll be his year with how he's being booked.

Reactions: Action Jackson

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Okay, I understand what you are saying now. Sorry for the confusion, that's my fault. Anyways, he's improved and that was his knock against him coming in if I remember correctly. So, 2014 seems like it'll be his year with how he's being booked.

No worries dude. Yeah he's positioned for big big things. Would he be the first second generation son of a world champion to become world champion himself? I think I may have heard JBL or Cole mention that during the Money in the Bank match.

He's going to reach that level. I've always loved his moonsault. Best moonsault since Kurt Angle.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
No worries dude. Yeah he's positioned for big big things. Would he be the first second generation son of a world champion to become world champion himself? I think I may have heard JBL or Cole mention that during the Money in the Bank match.

He's going to reach that level. I've always loved his moonsault. Best moonsault since Kurt Angle.
I believe so, I know Randy's father wrestled against bruno for the strap, but no one beat bruno lol.

Reactions: Action Jackson

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I believe so, I know Randy's father wrestled against bruno for the strap, but no one beat bruno lol.

LOL fuck yeah. Bruno Motherfucking Sammartino, bitches.

Yeah Bob never won the strap. He was always a top heel though. In my mind he and Roddy Piper are sort of on par with each other, although Piper was a far better promo.