2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Hey Dolph's how do you think we'll address our QB problem?

Either with Bridgewater or Bortles at 5 or Carr in the 2nd. No free agent QBs worth a damn.

Personally I would be tempted to kick the wheels on Ryan Mallett. What would it take to get him from NE? If say a 4th & 6th rounder would get the job done I'm bringing him in.

No idea what that asking price would be though.

LesNardog

Jobber
Reaction score
Either with Bridgewater or Bortles at 5 or Carr in the 2nd. No free agent QBs worth a damn.

Personally I would be tempted to kick the wheels on Ryan Mallett. What would it take to get him from NE? If say a 4th & 6th rounder would get the job done I'm bringing him in.

No idea what that asking price would be though.
yup I was thinking Carr in the 2nd and hopefully Sammy at WR in the 1st if he falls to us, was reading some shit about how we were looking at picking up Vick but that would be a complete waste of money imo

Shit a 4th and a 6th should be plenty to get that trade done, I'd be interested in that situation.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
free agency is gonna take a toll on Denver

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5819/eric-decker

likely to lose Decker, Moreno and Woodyard. Moreno is good, but replaceable. Ball is actually probably a better runner, but needs to fix fumbles. Denver can find someone to fill the 3rd down back role. Heck, Darren McFadden would be great for it. He has nice hands and is a good blocker. Maybe in Denver he would stay healthy. Would come cheap.

Replacing Decker won't be tough either. With the three weapons they still have, most anyone with a lick of talent can line up in Decker's slot and produce. Woodyard might be the biggest blow. He was all over the field for their D>

edit: I'll say:

Moreno to Miami
Decker to St. Louis
Woodyard to Oakland :letroll:

Miami needs a power runner.. definitely not Moreno... We'll taker Decker though lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Miami needs a power runner.. definitely not Moreno... We'll taker Decker though lol
You aren't paying Decker 8-10 mill when you just paid Wallace all that money.

Moreno runs pretty hard. He's not Brandon Jacobs in his prime or anything, and I know you have your heart set on Blount :happy:

Reactions: Just Kevin

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
You aren't paying Decker 8-10 mill when you just paid Wallace all that money.

Moreno runs pretty hard. He's not Brandon Jacobs in his prime or anything, and I know you have your heart set on Blount :happy:

I know... damn salary cap! I guess Moreno wouldn't be terrible but yes you are correct... Blount is definitely who I want with the Dolphins! Maybe we can grab one of those 4.4/4.5 - 40 receiver in this year's draft... a bunch of speedy receivers this year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I know... damn salary cap! I guess Moreno wouldn't be terrible but yes you are correct... Blount is definitely who I want with the Dolphins! Maybe we can grab one of those 4.4/4.5 - 40 receiver in this year's draft... a bunch of speedy receivers this year.
Didn't Hartline get a bunch of money to be your #2 last year? I think you guys have some decent options. Clay, Hartline and Wallace can be a foundation for a nice corps. They need a slot WR who can be a difference maker and they are set. Julian Edleman could be a relatively cheap fit for that position.

edit: or Andre Roberts

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
For those of you who know Ryan Broyles (it's not a bad thing if you don't) do you think he'll do good this year or will he flop again? Apparently he was the best WR in college at one point but is now considered a bust.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Didn't Hartline get a bunch of money to be your #2 last year? I think you guys have some decent options. Clay, Hartline and Wallace can be a foundation for a nice corps. They need a slot WR who can be a difference maker and they are set. Julian Edleman could be a relatively cheap fit for that position.

edit: or Andre Roberts

I agree we have a nice base corps but it does need just a little something more... and I do like Edelman...I wonder if he's on the Dolphins' radar? Would be a very good pickup.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I agree we have a nice base corps but it does need just a little something more... and I do like Edelman...I wonder if he's on the Dolphins' radar? Would be a very good pickup.
Idk if he is on Miami's radar but I have heard NE hasn't even picked up a phone to talk a new deal, so I think he will have a new team for 2014.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Idk if he is on Miami's radar but I have heard NE hasn't even picked up a phone to talk a new deal, so I think he will have a new team for 2014.
People still have interest in Edelman? I never saw anything good in him.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Lions want Pettigrew back, I ain't even mad.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
People still have interest in Edelman? I never saw anything good in him.
As far as shifty guys in the slot goes he does his job. He has the occasional drop, but for the most part his hands are dependable.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
As far as shifty guys in the slot goes he does his job. He has the occasional drop, but for the most part his hands are dependable.
I'd still say he's average at best. Not exactly the fastest guy out there and I always saw Amendola as the better receiver, yet he's saying with NE IIRC.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'd still say he's average at best. Not exactly the fastest guy out there and I always saw Amendola as the better receiver, yet he's saying with NE IIRC.
Amendola is good but he's never healthy. Ever. He is the Darren McFadden of WRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.