2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I may have paid attention had he not immediately destroyed his credibility after that

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...ock-khalil-mack-would-be-my-no-1-overall-pick
Mayock is definitely unconventional. I like to listen to him breaking down prospects, but that's about it. He doesn't seem to have much in the way of understanding what teams want to do or will actually do.

He is smart though. He and I ( :letroll: ) were the only people on Earth who thought Earl Thomas would be better than Eric BErry.

Sure I was just basing my opinion entirely on Mayock's but shit, we were right.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He is smart though. He and I ( :letroll: ) were the only people on Earth who thought Earl Thomas would be better than Eric BErry.

Sure I was just basing my opinion entirely on Mayock's but shit, we were right.
Was so mad when the Eagles passed on him for Graham that year..

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Didjyall manage to catch the interview with Michael Sam? Kid seems like a great person and did not seemed bothered by the media, also on that note the media didn't seem to be going as crazy about this story as people thought, granted they were going a little overboard with it as opposed to other combine interviews but still I thought they were going to be ruthless about it to be completely honest.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
use of the N word on the field is a 15 yard penalty now. wtf? Offsetting penalties every play.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10500657/nfl-expected-penalize-players-using-racial-slurs-games

seriously how common is the word among athletes? Player A makes a sack player B OH SHIT GET HIM smurf!

this is going to be impossible to regulate. 99.99999% of the time the word is used on the field it is not being used in the old-guard racist way. It is a term of endearment, a filler word like 'dude' or 'bro'. I sincerely doubt there are white players going about calling black dudes Nope with a hard R. It just isn't likely. You would be ostracized by your own teammates. You think dudes are going all Riley Cooper on the field? Fuck no. this rule makes no sense

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I want the Raiders to sign this beast so bad...

8664160f41846453b57a6857296a486e.jpg

Re-sign Veldheer/Houston, sign Alex Mack/Greg Hardy. Both lines are fixed.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
free agency is gonna take a toll on Denver

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5819/eric-decker

likely to lose Decker, Moreno and Woodyard. Moreno is good, but replaceable. Ball is actually probably a better runner, but needs to fix fumbles. Denver can find someone to fill the 3rd down back role. Heck, Darren McFadden would be great for it. He has nice hands and is a good blocker. Maybe in Denver he would stay healthy. Would come cheap.

Replacing Decker won't be tough either. With the three weapons they still have, most anyone with a lick of talent can line up in Decker's slot and produce. Woodyard might be the biggest blow. He was all over the field for their D>

edit: I'll say:

Moreno to Miami
Decker to St. Louis
Woodyard to Oakland :letroll:

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Wondering when Bridgewater will hit the combine. Browns need to pick him up.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wondering when Bridgewater will hit the combine. Browns need to pick him up.
Eh, he's not throwing so who cares? The combine is the most useless tool for evaluation prospects. oh he looks good with his shirt off! Oh, he gets out of his track stance quick so his 40 was .2 seconds faster than I had anticipated!

none of it matters really

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Eh, he's not throwing so who cares? The combine is the most useless tool for evaluation prospects. oh he looks good with his shirt off! Oh, he gets out of his track stance quick so his 40 was .2 seconds faster than I had anticipated!

none of it matters really
Meh, good point. I at least want to see the littlest glimpse of some of his ability, albeit the Combine is a joke.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Meh, good point. I at least want to see the littlest glimpse of some of his ability, albeit the Combine is a joke.
The most useful part of the combine IMO is the teams getting to interview players. They should show those on NFLN instead of guys doing bench press or vertical leap :gary:

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
The most useful part of the combine IMO is the teams getting to interview players. They should show those on NFLN instead of guys doing bench press or vertical leap :gary:
Hehe yeah, but let's be real it's the NFL we are talking about. To them simple exercises are more important than learning about players.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Hehe yeah, but let's be real it's the NFL we are talking about. To them simple exercises are more important than learning about players.
just depends on the GM. I think a lot of them put a lot of stock into how much passion a guy has for football and to improve. That is one thing you can't really test for, you just try to gauge it in the interview process. I know if I were a GM I wouldn't really want guys that didn't love the game.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
just depends on the GM. I think a lot of them put a lot of stock into how much passion a guy has for football and to improve. That is one thing you can't really test for, you just try to gauge it in the interview process. I know if I were a GM I wouldn't really want guys that didn't love the game.
Well a good portion of the GMs don't really care that intently about their players (I'm looking at you Jerry Jones), but I imagine some of the good signings do have a passion for the game rather than just an easy ticket for money.

Status
Not open for further replies.