2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Looks like this offseason will be a hell of a lot more complicated than I previously thought. But then again, every offseason is. As @Dolph'sZiggler already posted, Dennis Pinhead and the Ravens brass are "Far off" in contract talks. I wonder if he's worth the tag... now that @Snowman pointed out how Pitta hasn't proved himself just yet...
It's also reported that Eugene Monroe isn't going to give the Ravens a discount. Gaaaaah, my perfect offseason is falling apart....:why:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Looks like this offseason will be a hell of a lot more complicated than I previously thought. But then again, every offseason is. As @Dolph'sZiggler already posted, Dennis Pinhead and the Ravens brass are "Far off" in contract talks. I wonder if he's worth the tag... now that @Snowman pointed out how Pitta hasn't proved himself just yet...
It's also reported that Eugene Monroe isn't going to give the Ravens a discount. Gaaaaah, my perfect offseason is falling apart....:why:
Pitta will argue he is a WR if they tag him, since he played most of his snaps in the slot. So no, not worth the 10 or 11 mill it costs to franchise WRs unless they plan to trade him or they plan to extend him

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Pitta will argue he is a WR if they tag him, since he played most of his snaps in the slot. So no, not worth the 10 or 11 mill it costs to franchise WRs unless they plan to trade him or they plan to extend him
Do you think the league will actually side with him on that? With the amount of media coverage this thing has gotten, I wonder if this could go down. I know Jimmy Graham is trying to argue the same thing. I'm praying the league laughs it off if push comes to shove.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Do you think the league will actually side with him on that? With the amount of media coverage this thing has gotten, I wonder if this could go down. I know Jimmy Graham is trying to argue the same thing. I'm praying the league laughs it off if push comes to shove.
I don't see how Graham/Pitta's side won't win. Its pretty clear if you play most of your snaps at WR you deserve to be tagged as a WR, no? The Ravens/Saints won't have a leg to stand on. b-b-ut we list them as TEs in the media guide!

The fact that TEs are really just extra WRs has been a poorly kept secret for years. Surprised it took this long for this type of scenario to arise.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I don't see how Graham/Pitta's side won't win. Its pretty clear if you play most of your snaps at WR you deserve to be tagged as a WR, no? The Ravens/Saints won't have a leg to stand on. b-b-ut we list them as TEs in the media guide!

The fact that TEs are really just extra WRs has been a poorly kept secret for years. Surprised it took this long for this type of scenario to arise.
Damn, you're just the bearer of bad news today huh? :why: Are there any affordable (12 million in cap space) yet decent TE's on the market? I haven't heard of any big names besides Graham. God, the salary cap is so fucking annoying. Shouldn't it have risen instead of being damn near stagnant since 2009?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
J. Finley is the only name that even comes to mind. not sure he will have much of a market

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Pettigrew? Brandon Myers? Finley, coming off an injury?

Otherwise all there are are "just guys". Chandler, Winslow, Fred Davis... Yeah, draft Ebron.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Ebron seems solid. I could see his stock rising from now until draft day.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Buccanerds are getting new uniforms and helmets this thursday. I'm pretty interested.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
J. Finley is the only name that even comes to mind. not sure he will have much of a market
Yeah I can't see anyone really wanting him after the injuries the past two years.. I can really only see like the Giants going after him.
Buccanerds are getting new uniforms and helmets this thursday. I'm pretty interested.
I heard there wasn't too many changes to it, may not be much to get excited about haha :)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Was just tuning into Philly sports radio and some reports are starting to come out about how the Eagles are going to do some heavy QB evaluation at the combine even with Foles' success last year.
I'm not opposed to scouting QB talent, Foles succumbs to pressure reallly easily, it's not in the form of turnovers which is good, but it's in the form of either taking a sack or taking an intentional grounding. Making sure we have a quality backup instead of Barkley is a necessity especially if Foles doesn't come close to mirroring the production from last year.
I know we won't grab one in the first, There's a good 6 or 7 S/DBs that should fall to us and that we should swoop up immediately when the pick comes around, although if the trade was good I wouldn't mind someone taking our spot for a couple picks in return, especially if we can get their 2nd round pick from the current year as a part of the deal.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Was just tuning into Philly sports radio and some reports are starting to come out about how the Eagles are going to do some heavy QB evaluation at the combine even with Foles' success last year.
I'm not opposed to scouting QB talent, Foles succumbs to pressure reallly easily, it's not in the form of turnovers which is good, but it's in the form of either taking a sack or taking an intentional grounding. Making sure we have a quality backup instead of Barkley is a necessity especially if Foles doesn't come close to mirroring the production from last year.
I know we won't grab one in the first, There's a good 6 or 7 S/DBs that should fall to us and that we should swoop up immediately when the pick comes around, although if the trade was good I wouldn't mind someone taking our spot for a couple picks in return, especially if we can get their 2nd round pick from the current year as a part of the deal.
Hey Barkley is not bad, he can throw deep, just needs to avoid interceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.