2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Just gonna drop this here... It's about Michael Sam

*and the crowd erupts in thundering applause and the "This is Awesome" chants fill the arena*

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Michael Sam could beat the shit out of Incognito I bet.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Michael Sam could beat the shit out of Incognito I bet.
Doubt it. Incognito has a huge size advantage and is crazy. Crazy goes a long way in a street fight.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Part of me wants Manziel in Cleveland for fantasy reasons, Manziel to Gordon sounds amazing. I just don't want Baltimore to face them twice a year, but Manziel's douchey attitude will doom whatever franchise that was probably doomed already
Scratch that, have him throw to CS3 and Blackmon. :yay:
As a fellow Cleveland fan, I don't want Manziel at all. At first I did, but now that I look back on it, it seems like a waste of a draft pick. The Browns finally have a chance this year with all the new staff hirings and firings (THANK THE LORD JOE BANNER, MIKE LOMBARDI, AND BRANDON WEEDEN ARE GOING TO BE GONE SOON), and Manziel will just take away from that.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I didn't watch a ton of Manziel, but when I did it seemed like he was just throwing deep balls off his back foot to Mike Evans, who was a beast and made great plays. I didn't see many throws at A&M that will translate to the NFL. Not that that means much, Cam wasn't making NFL throws at Auburn and he turned out great.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I didn't watch a ton of Manziel, but when I did it seemed like he was just throwing deep balls off his back foot to Mike Evans, who was a beast and made great plays. I didn't see many throws at A&M that will translate to the NFL. Not that that means much, Cam wasn't making NFL throws at Auburn and he turned out great.
Good point, but Manziel is not the number 1 quarterback going into the draft this year. That man is Bridgewater, and if my Browns pick him up, my lord that would save the franchise. I can't see Bridgewater working in Houston or St. Louis.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Good point, but Manziel is not the number 1 quarterback going into the draft this year. That man is Bridgewater, and if my Browns pick him up, my lord that would save the franchise. I can't see Bridgewater working in Houston or St. Louis.
I could see any 3 of Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel being the first QB off the board. I still maintain that Houston will take Clowney #1 overall, and many scouts aren't sold on any QBs in this draft

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/29809/cosell-no-franchise-qb-in-this-draft-class

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I could see any 3 of Bortles, Bridgewater or Manziel being the first QB off the board. I still maintain that Houston will take Clowney #1 overall, and many scouts aren't sold on any QBs in this draft

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/cfb/29809/cosell-no-franchise-qb-in-this-draft-class
Clowney's a bit overrated in my book, and I also don't respect his philosophy of playing when he wants to just so he doesn't get hurt.

I swear to the lord, if Houston or St. Louis take Bridgewater, I'm done.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Clowney's a bit overrated in my book, and I also don't respect his philosophy of playing when he wants to just so he doesn't get hurt.

I swear to the lord, if Houston or St. Louis take Bridgewater, I'm done.
Overrated how? Certainly not his talent, as he is an elite level talent. I can understand people hating on his season last year, but you can't deny his ability. His desire is the one thing we don't know about, but it doesn't worry me too much. If he falls to #5 it will be a wet dream come true.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Overrated how? Certainly not his talent, as he is an elite level talent. I can understand people hating on his season last year, but you can't deny his ability. His desire is the one thing we don't know about, but it doesn't worry me too much. If he falls to #5 it will be a wet dream come true.
I'm not doubting his ability, but I have a feeling that something's going to go sour when he hits a team in the NFL. That's just me thinking out loud though. Nonetheless, I feel like the Jaguars might get him.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
There is no QB talented enough to prevent Houston from grabbing Clowney.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Define "no franchise QB"? Do you mean "There's no Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers in this class"? or do you mean "There's not even an Eli Manning or a Joe Flacco in this class"?

Just get a guy you can win with. Upgrading Schaub is priority #1.

As a fellow Cleveland fan, I don't want Manziel at all. At first I did, but now that I look back on it, it seems like a waste of a draft pick. The Browns finally have a chance this year with all the new staff hirings and firings (THANK THE LORD JOE BANNER, MIKE LOMBARDI, AND BRANDON WEEDEN ARE GOING TO BE GONE SOON), and Manziel will just take away from that.

Wasn't Chud fired by Lombardi because Manziel didn't fit their system? So now Lombardi's gone, so shouldn't the Manziel hullabaloo have gone away too?

Status
Not open for further replies.