2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Wonder if his current struggles with the law + being broke after stealing all that money would make a Russell comeback story possible? Stick him with a good QB coach and maybe he'll give enough fucks to have a solid career. I'll be happy if Baltimore took a chance on him as a #3 to see what he can do

Yeah Schaub to Cincy sounds quite possible actually

Kenny Britt would look damn sexy lining up across from Calvin. :tough:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He wasn't ever really a "bright" guy during his interviews it seemed I was never really a fan of him as a QB by any means.. Would've shit a brick if he ended up on our team at some point and not in the good way.. if there is a good way to shit a brick lol.
All you need to know about Russell is that 80 year old Al Davis, the most stubborn man I've ever known to exist, was ready to admit how wrong he was about him after only 3 years and he was willing to eat a huge portion of the contract just to admit he was wrong.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Wonder if his current struggles with the law + being broke after stealing all that money would make a Russell comeback story possible? Stick him with a good QB coach and maybe he'll give enough fucks to have a solid career. I'll be happy if Baltimore took a chance on him as a #3 to see what he can do

Yeah Schaub to Cincy sounds quite possible actually

Kenny Britt would look damn sexy lining up across from Calvin. :tough:
Kenny Britt is an injury prone head case. I'll remember the good times, but no. He will get a 1 year contract as a #4 WR somewhere at best.

Russell will get no chances. He can't keep his weight down lol, how can you expect him to do anything else beyond that.

He had a tryout with Chicago last year and they didn't call him for even a camp roster spot.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Durham to me is only a good backup.
The Lions think so too, and may be in danger of losing him for a 4th round tender, which I know several teams would be happy to have a nice 6'6 25 year old ex-4th rounder who showed some decent promise last season (I consider him to be somewhat raw considering the lack of playtime he received down in college) for that price.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The Lions think so too, and may be in danger of losing him for a 4th round tender, which I know several teams would be happy to have a nice 6'6 25 year old ex-4th rounder who showed some decent promise last season (I consider him to be somewhat raw considering the lack of playtime he received down in college) for that price.
They won't lose him. The tender doesn't really matter, because they have the right to match any contract offer he is given, and I sincerely doubt any team is going to overpay Durham + Give up a 4th rounder for him.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I can see both Nicks and Britt being the WR versions of Rodgers-Cromartie, being passed on in free agency then getting pennies to play for a team he'd actually enjoy playing for. Wonder how much Britt has left in the tank, either injuries sapped him of his playmaking ability or he just didn't give a fuck with the Titans (and who could blame him?) Still a healthy Kenny Britt who was out in jail was money, shame those times were so few and far between.

Teams signing other teams' RFA's never happens though

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I can see both Nicks and Britt being the WR versions of Rodgers-Cromartie, being passed on in free agency then getting pennies to play for a team he'd actually enjoy playing for. Wonder how much Britt has left in the tank, either injuries sapped him of his playmaking ability or he just didn't give a fuck with the Titans (and who could blame him?) Still a healthy Kenny Britt who was out in jail was money, shame those times were so few and far between.

Teams signing other teams' RFA's never happens though
Dude, Nicks/DRC aren't in the same cateogry as Britt. Britt is considered poison around the league. The Tits tried trading him for peanuts and teams were like... "uh, but these are honey roasted!"

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I don't think Hakeem's going anywhere.. Victor Cruz would be too upset if his butt buddy wasn't with him next season! Most likely when the time comes Cruz is going to end up begging the Giants to bring him back.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't think Hakeem's going anywhere.. Victor Cruz would be too upset if his butt buddy wasn't with him next season! Most likely when the time comes Cruz is going to end up begging the Giants to bring him back.
Doesn't seem to me like they are interested in bringing him back. He had a lot of bad drops last season, and Randle has emerged as a legit #2 and is on a rookie deal. No way NYG pay a lot to Nicks considering how much Cruz got.

Victor can want in one hand, shit in the other and salsa all night long, but I don't think he is going to be playing with Hakeem next season. Nicks wanted an extension before last season, didn't get it, played like shit and NOW they will re-sign him? I don't see it.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Considering how much he wanted on the extension and for how long I was not surprised they favored Cruz on his deal more.
Idk he said he dropped his asking price substantially after the regular season ended, I've heard a few things about how its even dropped to 60% of what he was asking for on the extension.. who knows, only the waiting game will tell, I just know Victor Cruz is MAD butt buddies with Hakeem.. like madly in love with him enough to teach him how to salsa for real.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Considering how much he wanted on the extension and for how long I was not surprised they favored Cruz on his deal more.
Idk he said he dropped his asking price substantially after the regular season ended, I've heard a few things about how its even dropped to 60% of what he was asking for on the extension.. who knows, only the waiting game will tell, I just know Victor Cruz is MAD butt buddies with Hakeem.. like madly in love with him enough to teach him how to salsa for real.

Nicks won't be with the Giants next season... no matter what Cruz might want or how close they've become... Nicks' on field play spoke... and the Giants heard. It is unfortunate because a few seasons ago they were a very good tandem.

Status
Not open for further replies.