2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
11 carries 62 yds 1 td vs the Saints who were rocking one of the best defenses last year? what is that a 5.3 YPC avg..

Idk man I think you're being WAY too hasty after 1 season as a starter especially during his sophmore year lol.

I'm a lifelong Dolphins fan and I say we relegate Miller to share back up duties with Thomas depending on the situation.. we get LaGarrette Blount, make him our starter... Miller doesn't run hard enough and it looks like he could break if hit hard enough... he looks scared running. But first things first the OL is the main priority because without that we have no running game anyway. My opinion.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'm a lifelong Dolphins fan and I say we relegate Miller to share back up duties with Thomas depending on the situation.. we get LaGarrette Blount, make him our starter... Miller doesn't run hard enough and it looks like he could break if hit hard enough... he looks scared running. But first things first the OL is the main priority because without that we have no running game anyway. My opinion.
Still, he didn't look any good when Miami had its line in tact early in the season.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He's shown me nothing to think he is a starting caliber RB. Miami clearly agrees as they've pinpointed RB as their biggest need in free agency. They were 27th in the league running the ball and for most games he simply was ineffective.

Ricky Williams first year starting he what took 250+ attempts to reach a little over 850 yds with only 2 TDs.. No reason to think he was a starting caliber RB at the time either right?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Ricky Williams first year starting he what took 250+ attempts to reach a little over 850 yds with only 2 TDs.. No reason to think he was a starting caliber RB at the time either right?
Those Saints teams had a fraction of the talent Miami does. The Phins O really wasn't that bad last year apart from the RBs.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
He's shown me nothing to think he is a starting caliber RB. Miami clearly agrees as they've pinpointed RB as their biggest need in free agency. They were 27th in the league running the ball and for most games he simply was ineffective.

I disagree with Miami's position of RB being #1 free agent need... OL is definitely need much more... gotta keep Tannehill off his back lol I do agree that Miller is a back up.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I disagree with Miami's position of RB being #1 free agent need... OL is definitely need much more... gotta keep Tannehill off his back lol I do agree that Miller is a back up.
Not my opinion, just what I have heard and read coming from 'sources' in Miami.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Those Saints teams had a fraction of the talent Miami does. The Phins O really wasn't that bad last year apart from the RBs.
Just saying the team was 6-10 before he got there with even worse teams, yet when he got there they regressed even further to 3-13.

Reaction score
meh its w/e if you all think Miller is bad, haha I'd gladly take him over here in D.C. wouldn't have him start over Alf but if we were in a similar position I would definitely give him the chance with the keys to the backfield.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Just saying the team was 6-10 before he got there with even worse teams, yet when he got there they regressed even further to 3-13.
If we are playing the random name game from RBs of the past I'm sure I can find many more RBs who were great right away as opposed to RBs who sucked at first and then improved. RB, generally speaking, is the easiest position to go from college to the pros, it takes the least amount of adjustment when compared to say QB, WR, O/D Line, ect.

Not saying Miller can't improve, just saying I don't see any reason to think he will. I see a guy tiptoeing with the ball in an NFL game I don't think "man, once he learns to run like he isn't a pussy he will be great" because that isn't something that tends to change in a player. If you run like that now, chances are that's just how you run.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Also gotta add they stuck with him after one year of mediocre starting and boom what do you know, 10-6 1st in the division.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Also gotta add they stuck with him after one year of mediocre starting and boom what do you know, 10-6 1st in the division.
Unless you are comparing the talent of Thomas to Williams, which I know you aren't, I really don't see how its at all relevant.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If we are playing the random name game from RBs of the past I'm sure I can find many more RBs who were great right away as opposed to RBs who sucked at first and then improved. RB, generally speaking, is the easiest position to go from college to the pros, it takes the least amount of adjustment when compared to say QB, WR, O/D Line, ect.

Not saying Miller can't improve, just saying I don't see any reason to think he will. I see a guy tiptoeing with the ball in an NFL game I don't think "man, once he learns to run like he isn't a pussy he will be great" because that isn't something that tends to change in a player. If you run like that now, chances are that's just how you run.

Lol no we're playing the game of 1st year starting Mediocre backs who ended up being very successful after they stuck with them after 1 somewhat mediocre year..

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Unless you are comparing the talent of Thomas to Williams, which I know you aren't, I really don't see how its at all relevant.
Clearly I'm saying if you stick with your starting RB even after he shows mediocreness and timid running after 1 year, then they can find success lmao if you can't see that then you are blinded by your own arrogance sir.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Clearly I'm saying if you stick with your starting RB even after he shows mediocreness and timid running after 1 year, then can find success lmao if you can't see that then you are blinded by your own arrogance sir.
You are just saying "mediocre RBs can get better" which is obvious. I am saying what that Lamar Miller does on an NFL field gives you any real reason to think he will become a viable starter? Anyone with two eyes connected to a brain could see Ricky had talent. Anyone who watched more than 2 games for Miami knows Miller simply doesn't look like a starting caliber RB.

Status
Not open for further replies.