2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Someone else can take him there.

Fantasy Football Calculator says he's going 4.03. In the late-3rd and 4th rounds, there's Keenan Allen, Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, CP, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Andre Johnson, Roddy White.

Well I guess you can argue Cruz over a few of these guys based on talent alone but if Eli's gonna be under siege like he was last year, it's a pretty scary pick. (Although just being in the NFC East makes it better lol)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Someone else can take him there.

Fantasy Football Calculator says he's going 4.03. In the late-3rd and 4th rounds, there's Keenan Allen, Vincent Jackson, Pierre Garcon, CP, Larry Fitzgerald, Wes Welker, Percy Harvin, Andre Johnson, Roddy White.

Well I guess you can argue Cruz over a few of these guys based on talent alone but if Eli's gonna be under siege like he was last year, it's a pretty scary pick. (Although just being in the NFC East makes it better lol)
not like half the guys you listed don't have just as many ?'s

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
That one's pretty easy to figure out to be honest.
Brady was shit last season and Russell was a G.
who would you rather have going into next season? the answer is Brady by a mile,
thus the ratings stink. but that is expected

Snowman1

Reaction score
Oh without a doubt Keenan's the best of that pack. Just personal preference after that

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
who would you rather have going into next season? the answer is Brady by a mile,
thus the ratings stink. but that is expected
Obviously Brady; though that wasn't the point I was trying to make, EA has stated a few times over the past 5 years that the initial launch ratings are based off of the final stats from previous season. Wilson's rushing work last year and posting a higher passing TD/INT ratio gave him the boost to be at the same initial launch rating. It gets updated weekly so if Brady throws 4 TDs/0 INTS while Russel Wilson throws 2 TDs/ 3 INTs then Russell will get bumped down to a 92 while Brady would get bumped up to 94.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Obviously Brady; though that wasn't the point I was trying to make, EA has stated a few times over the past 5 years that the initial launch ratings are based off of the final stats from previous season. Wilson's rushing work last year and posting a higher passing TD/INT ratio gave him the boost to be at the same initial launch rating. It gets updated weekly so if Brady throws 4 TDs/0 INTS while Russel Wilson throws 2 TDs/ 3 INTs then Russell will get bumped down to a 92 while Brady would get bumped up to 94.
I don't care enough about madden to debate this lol

though I'm certain I could disprove the theory that ratings are that effected that much by the previous years stats if I took 5 minutes to do so

Snowman1

Reaction score
Wilson is that high on the overall because of having the much better speed/accel while Brady sucks at that but has great passing stats. This argument sucks.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I mainly play the new maddens to see the new features and then sell it later in the week.. ESPN NFL 2k5 for original xbox and ps2 and then Sega Sports NFL 2k and 2k1 are the only football games I play regularly.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Jamaal Charles was prepped to hold out for more money; he didn't have to wait long. Chiefs and Charles struck a 2 yr extension making him the 2nd highest paid RB behind Adrian Peterson.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Jamaal Charles was prepped to hold out for more money; he didn't have to wait long. Chiefs and Charles struck a 2 yr extension making him the 2nd highest paid RB behind Adrian Peterson.
He is their only good offensive player. Literally.

Status
Not open for further replies.