2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
All nighters bro. A staple of youth.

So this kid from the Packers; Datone Jones, is rattling on about becoming the best pass rusher in the NFL.
Usually I'd shrug this noise off, but the kid played 24% of the defensive snaps as a rookie last year, while battling a high ankle sprain, and still managed to pick up 3.5 sacks. Not saying it's the second coming of Lawrence Taylor, but he shows promise.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Interesting stat on Datone, brother!

Washington is expecting RG3 to rebound. Also, water is wet.

Reactions: Vice

Snowman1

Reaction score
Even though Finley may return to Green Bay, keep your eyes on Colt Lyerla as a super-deep sleeper.

Was listening to a fantasy podcast from week 16 last season and they were really sucking off Jordan Todman, with one analyst calling him an RB1. Meanwhile AP was kinda hurt and they said "don't bother with Toby Gerhart". Now the same analysts are touting Gerhart as a "sleeper".

Thanks for posting that! :yay:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Trade talks for Andre Johnson warming up. 4 teams have already displayed interest.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I'm so happy Andre finally announced the obvious decision of wanting out of the Texans organization,
Eagles and Browns are two of the 4 teams from what I've heard on Philly and Cleveland sports radio.

Reactions: Snowman1

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Imagine if the Browns got him. Assuming the pending Gordon suspension is for the whole year, a duo like Johnson and Gordon next season, plus Johnny football with a year under his belt could be scary.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Im assuming Andre wants to go to a team that has superbowl potential right of the bat. No way he would want to go to the browns.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Pats need to find a way to trade for him. Then Danny's terrible SB prediction might not look quite as terrible. They should be desperate for a #1 WR, but they probably aren't.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Apparently they may not trade him due to the 11 million cap hit they'd take, and it's hard to find a team that'll take in $14 million in a cap number. (And one of the main reasons he's so pissed was because he wants his 1 mil offseason roster bonus which Houston won't pay him, and he's restructured his contract 3 times for the Texans but isn't getting the same respect in return. What's with teams pissing off their star players nowadays?)

According to Spotrac, the teams with the most cap room right now are Jaguars, Browns, Jets, Bengals, Titans, Eagles, Colts, Steelers, Dolphins can all afford to bring him in under the cap.

Of this group, I absolutely see him being an Eagle on paper (if he leaves Houston) but wonder if Chip's still like "Nah we don't need a #1 receiver it's better to open up all the cap room we won't do anything with, cut Desean"

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Honestly I don't see any team paying that much to bring him in. He is old and pretty beat up. Maybe a desperate team would trade for him, but he doesn't want that.

Snowman1

Reaction score
It's unfortunate, then, since there's no way Houston leaves itself with so much dead money. Assume he has a few more good years left in him with his style of play, although he may have to be less physical.

If the guy can restructure the hell out of his deal, I'd love to see him in Carolina. Andre and Kelvin could be a dynamite duo.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/487389584133607425

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
It's unfortunate, then, since there's no way Houston leaves itself with so much dead money. Assume he has a few more good years left in him with his style of play, although he may have to be less physical.

If the guy can restructure the hell out of his deal, I'd love to see him in Carolina. Andre and Kelvin could be a dynamite duo.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/487389584133607425
I'll denounce my fandom on the spot. We wouldn't sign Jackson for free (younger, better) but we would be willing to pay more (plus give up assets) for the corpse of Andre Johnson?

no. no. no.

Status
Not open for further replies.