2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
We only saved 4 mil from cutting him and we're waiting to see how the draft plays out before we make a move on the rest of the FAs allegedly.. They were talking on Philly Sports Radio about how the Eagles FO had mentioned they were still keeping their eye on a few players from this years FA class a few days after releasing DeSean; the radio had said Champ Bailey & Holmes' name but I think that was just a suggestion for who they may be looking at and not a confirmation. Not really much out there that we need other than like 2 or 3 positions (WR/CB/S/OLB) maybe a DE..

EDIT: Definitely going to need a passrusher in the B+ -> A+ range.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Dolphins talking to Nate Burleson. Redskins sign Colt McCoy.

35 more days to the draft, it can't come soon enough.

Snowman1

Reaction score
35 days. Plenty of time for Reggie to bring in a handful of 33 year olds

But bringing in guys like Carlos Rogers could make great mentors! :why: He can coach up Hayden!

*waits for you to shit on that statement*

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Bengals agreed to terms with S Danieal Manning on a one-year contract.

New coach Ken Whisenhunt plans to install a running back by committee approach this season.
The identity of two members of the committee; Incumbent Shonn Greene will be the early down pounder and newly signed Dexter McCluster is going to play the passing back, Danny Woodhead role.

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/bal...y-smith-misses-parts-own-wedding-dolphins-nfl
Lineman Shelley Smith missed his own rehearsal dinner of his wedding to go sign a Contract with the Dolphins.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Indiana WR Cody Latimer is rising up on teams draft boards, he's a projected late first round/early second round pick at the moment.
This guy is built pretty beastly no doubt about it, his speed is there the only problem is he has some minor concentration issues which causes some drops during times where they shouldn't be dropped.
The Eagles are bringing him in for a personal workout in case things don't pan out and they are unable to get either of the guys they have ahead of Latimer on the board.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Suppose we shouldn't take any kind of rumors/reports seriously this offseason, but the paper in Philly reported that the two best options at WR are trading up for Mike Evans and waiting for Cooks. Also been reading that Cooks is the favorite target of the Jets, but I'll believe "Rex Ryan taking an offensive player in the 1st round" when I see it

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Suppose we shouldn't take any kind of rumors/reports seriously this offseason, but the paper in Philly reported that the two best options at WR are trading up for Mike Evans and waiting for Cooks. Also been reading that Cooks is the favorite target of the Jets, but I'll believe "Rex Ryan taking an offensive player in the 1st round" when I see it
He tried once, I can understand why he's gunshy.

9a48a47e9704284e0d01530211d2ec34.jpg

I thought Stephen Hill was late 1st, but he was an early 2nd round bust instead.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Speaking of the Jets, it's looking like the Revis trade will go down as one of the most under-the-radar worst trades in NFL History.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Prlly just wait our pick most likely if Cooks is gone there's a decent chance one of these guys are there still; CB Bradley Roby, S Calvin Pryor, S Clinton-Dix or CB Gilbert or CB Dennard we'd have to take one of those guys
I thought Stephen Hill was late 1st, but he was an early 2nd round bust instead.
Everyone could smell the mad drops coming from a mile away; he had quite the track record for drops in college.

Status
Not open for further replies.