2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Eww.. I heard on the radio a few moments ago that the two teams that haven't been publicly announced as having interest in Swag seem most likely to be the Vikings and the Jaguars.
He better not be a purple people eater next year :(... I hate that fucking team.

I would think he would want to be on a contender... or at least a playoff team lol... that counts out the Vikings, Jags, Raiders, Redskins, and Bills lol..... but maybe it's all about the money and familiarity... in that case the Raiders win.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I would think he would want to be on a contender... or at least a playoff team lol... that counts out the Vikings, Jags, Raiders, Redskins, and Bills lol..... but maybe it's all about the money and familiarity... in that case the Raiders win.
With DeSwag, Raiders, Bills & Redskins would turn into contenders imo.
The others not sooo much :)

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
A lot of people are jumping on the Raiders for playoffs bandwagon. I am not there yet, but we brought in a lot of veterans who expect to win, and some scouts are saying our lineups on both side of the ball are shaping up.

Not exactly a stretch to think any AFC team (excluding Jacksonville) could compete for the WC spots in a less than stellar conference.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
With DeSwag, Raiders, Bills & Redskins would turn into contenders imo.
The others not sooo much :)
If RGKnee is healthy and he has Garcon and Swag on the outside that could be a scurry offense. Good line they have as well.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Browns, Jets, Jaguars, Bengals, Eagles, Dolphins, Packers, Seahawks, Radiers, Bills, Colts, Bucs, Vikings, Titans all have 10+ mil in cap room.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
If RGKnee is healthy and he has Garcon and Swag on the outside that could be a scurry offense. Good line they have as well.
Yeah and then Alf in the run game wearing the defenses down would add to that solidity.
I think Swag on the Raiders would be pretty scary too, even with Schaub. Denarius Moore is no joke at WR imo and having an opposite in DeSean would make him that much of a bigger threat or at least I'd hope.

Browns, Jets, Jaguars, Bengals, Eagles, Dolphins, Packers, Seahawks, Radiers, Bills, Colts, Bucs, Vikings, Titans all have 10+ mil in cap room.
Eagles have been known to swap released players with teams, maybe the Titans get DeSean and Eagles get Kenny Britt. Also the Titans should have a decent bit more cap space once they remove CJ2K from the roster. Although I don't think that will be the case by any means, it's always fun to think about the different scenarios.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah and then Alf in the run game wearing the defenses down would add to that solidity.
I think Swag on the Raiders would be pretty scary too, even with Schaub. Denarius Moore is no joke at WR imo and having an opposite in DeSean would make him that much of a bigger threat or at least I'd hope.

Eagles have been known to swap released players with teams, maybe the Titans get DeSean and Eagles get Kenny Britt. Also the Titans should have a decent bit more cap space once they remove CJ2K from the roster. Although I don't think that will be the case by any means, it's always fun to think about the different scenarios.
James Jones as well... plus Rod Streater is unspectacular but a pretty solid possession type. MJD/DMC platoon of washed up scrubs in the backfield. And my man Marcel Reece the X Factor.

I could dig it.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
James Jones as well... plus Rod Streater is unspectacular but a pretty solid possession type. MJD/DMC platoon of washed up scrubs in the backfield. And my man Marcel Reece the X Factor.

I could dig it.
I feel like Streater is a younger/sleaker version of James Jones, definitely going to be nice having those two to compliment Jackson & Moore that is if they get him ;) Are they just totally overlooking Latavius Murray or something? I hope not.. this year I had plans to draft him before they resigned DMC and Signed MJD. Is Rivera expected to be the TE going into the season or are they looking to draft one? Rivera had some pretty athletic moments last season IIRC.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I feel like Streater is a younger/sleaker version of James Jones, definitely going to be nice having those two to compliment Jackson & Moore that is if they get him ;) Are they just totally overlooking Latavius Murray or something? I hope not.. this year I had plans to draft him before they resigned DMC and Signed MJD. Is Rivera expected to be the TE going into the season or are they looking to draft one? Rivera had some pretty athletic moments last season IIRC.
They like Rivera.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Some Raiders Updates:
Maurice Jones-Drew's three-year contract with Oakland has a base value of $7.5 million with $1.2 million guaranteed.

The Raiders are hosting free agent CB Carlos Rogers on Monday.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I kinda envy you guys. You guys have all this cool stuff going on and all these intriguing possibilities. Damn.

Saints, Packers, Patriots all take their names out of the DeSean sweepstakes. Said fanbases MUST be happy with their teams being interested.

Last edited:

Snowman1

Reaction score
Cam's woes continue, Rams sign Kenny Britt. 1 year, 1.4 mil, 550k guaranteed. Love the deal like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.