2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Both teams that have publicly announced; we're talking about the new reports are saying there's two teams that are in deep negotiations with him that haven't been publicly announced.
deep negotiations lol

have fun on your goose chase. He is coming to Oakland.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Blech I was hoping for him to sign sooner than this, supposedably he's in D.C. til Thursday talking with the Skins.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
again, take the team and city into account.

Swag isn't willfully agreeing to live in Cleveland or Buffalo.

Does the city really matter? If you're gonna make an extra million dollars playing a game in Cleveland instead of Tampa you'd do that in a heartbeat. It can be a selling point (like with Oakland) but not something that'll drive away free agents.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Does the city really matter? If you're gonna make an extra million dollars playing a game in Cleveland instead of Tampa you'd do that in a heartbeat. It can be a selling point (like with Oakland) but not something that'll drive away free agents.
lol, OK.

I completely disagree. I think players care where they play, and most young guys like DeSean don't want to be in Cleveland or Buffalo.

Willis McGahee on Buffalo:

“Coming from Miami, I was used to partying, going out, just having something to do every night. Restaurants, whatever. Going to Buffalo, it was like hitting a brick wall. Like, ‘Damn!’ Can’t go out, can’t do nothing. There’s an Applebee’s, a TGI Friday’s, and they just got a Dave & Busters. They got that, and I’m like, ‘What the?’ And, you know, the women …

“You see, when I was in college that’s what I used to thrive off of,” the 25-year-old says. “The better you do, the more fame you get. So you know, it was like, I was used to that. And then you get to Buffalo and no matter how you do, it’s the same. It’s no big city. You know what I did every day? I came home and played video games.”

it is something players talk about. I guarantee you DeSean wouldn't be caught dead in BUffalo lmao

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
City definitely matters to a degree! This goes for NFL & NHL, less so in the NBA and MLB because those guys don't have a cap space and get paid gruesome amounts of money so they don't give a shit where they live.
This comes from experience; we (Columbus Blue Jackets) trade for all these diesel players, but they're so used to the high life and party life because they're European that they just completely lose the desire to play because the city they play for doesn't have anywhere close as much to offer as a team like the LA Kings. I imagine if DJax actually went to Cleveland he would most likely find the only thing to do is go see Cav games and mob with the fellow 216 crips :)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Both teams that have publicly announced; we're talking about the new reports are saying there's two teams that are in deep negotiations with him that haven't been publicly announced.

The Dolphins have a little over 12 mil in cap space remaining and have been rumored as wanting to deal Mike Wallace... DeSean would be a great fit... I could see Miami being one of those 2 teams and Miami has the best party scene in the United States.... so yeah....

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Dolphins have a little over 12 mil in cap space remaining and have been rumored as wanting to deal Mike Wallace... DeSean would be a great fit... I could see Miami being one of those 2 teams and Miami has the best party scene in the United States.... so yeah....
They will have better luck cutting or keeping Mike Wallace then finding a trade partner with that contract. it's like 4 yr 48 mil with like 20 mil still guarenteed isn't it?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
They will have better luck cutting or keeping Mike Wallace then finding a trade partner with that contract. it's like 4 yr 48 mil with like 20 mil still guarenteed isn't it?

Yeah, if they can pick up Jackson they should just cut Wallace... he hasn't panned out and I doubt he ever will.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah, if they can pick up Jackson they should just cut Wallace... he hasn't panned out and I doubt he ever will.
He had like 900 yds 5 tds last season, not terrible for adjusting to a new system with a QB like Tannehill and a rough run game. Idk I'd give him another year before I cut him even if DJax is added.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
LOL so 25 mil in guarenteed left, jesus. Dolphins jumped the gun on that one, didn't they give up like a 2nd round tender pick too?
Man would be such a shame if it went to waste like that. I like Wallace, given the right pieces around him he has top 5-10 receiver potential stil imo.

Fucking Ireland man... thank goodness he is gone!

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Eww.. I heard on the radio a few moments ago that the two teams that haven't been publicly announced as having interest in Swag seem most likely to be the Vikings and the Jaguars.
He better not be a purple people eater next year :(... I hate that fucking team.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
LOL so 25 mil in guarenteed left, jesus. Dolphins jumped the gun on that one, didn't they give up like a 2nd round tender pick too?
Man would be such a shame if it went to waste like that. I like Wallace, given the right pieces around him he has top 5-10 receiver potential stil imo.
Wallace is a poor man's DeSean IMO. Great at opening things up for everyone else, but he isn't as versatile IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.