2012 Australian Open Tennis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I remember her in her younger days. Before she had to leave. So when she came back I always rooted for her to make it back to the top. She was always a fave to watch.

For the record I cannot stand watching Sharapova cause I can't stand hearing her yells everytime she swings.

Aniking

Reaction score
Idk if I'll watch the women's match. I'm really not interested in hearing the constant grunting by the two of them every shot they make. I think Sharapova is a babe and all, but the grunting is just a major turn off. I wish Ivanovic was in the Final... I'd watch for her <3

The match between Djokovic and Murray last night was awesome, I watched every second of it. Djokovic took the first set relatively comfortably and went up 2-0 in the second set, but then everything just changed. Djokovic looked exhausted already and although they were playing a lot of tough points, it can be put down to the fact Djokovic struggled to breath through his nose due to some congestion. Either way, Murray took the second and third sets and then suddenly went off the rails. It took Djokovic 25 mins to win the 4th set 6-1, following it up by going up 5-2 in the 5th. Murray made a late comeback, but for me the way in which he dropped the 4th set set the tone for the rest of the match. Murray was his own worst enemy in the end.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I remember her in her younger days. Before she had to leave. So when she came back I always rooted for her to make it back to the top. She was always a fave to watch.

For the record I cannot stand watching Sharapova cause I can't stand hearing her yells everytime she swings.

It is amazing how well she has done since coming back from having a child. To get back to number one and win grand slams after that is very impressive.

Azarenka screams as well so I will probably watch it on mute.

Idk if I'll watch the women's match. I'm really not interested in hearing the constant grunting by the two of them every shot they make. I think Sharapova is a babe and all, but the grunting is just a major turn off. I wish Ivanovic was in the Final... I'd watch for her <3

The match between Djokovic and Murray last night was awesome, I watched every second of it. Djokovic took the first set relatively comfortably and went up 2-0 in the second set, but then everything just changed. Djokovic looked exhausted already and although they were playing a lot of tough points, it can be put down to the fact Djokovic struggled to breath through his nose due to some congestion. Either way, Murray took the second and third sets and then suddenly went off the rails. It took Djokovic 25 mins to win the 4th set 6-1, following it up by going up 5-2 in the 5th. Murray made a late comeback, but for me the way in which he dropped the 4th set set the tone for the rest of the match. Murray was his own worst enemy in the end.

Adam Scott is a lucky guy to be dating Ivanovic, it was a pity she didn't get to the end of the tournament.

Murray had definitely improved on last year but as you said he is his own worst enemy. When he is under a lot of pressure and is the favourite he struggles. He will eventually win a Grand Slam Tournament but he may have to wait another year or two.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
I won't be watching the women's cause I can't stand all the grunting they do each and every single daggone swing they do. I will say I also miss Martina Hingis :p but... Clijisters is just awesome. Hoping she can win one more grandslam.

But my question... what has happened to Federer? He just can't seem to make it to the finals anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Federer is still the third best guy out there but he can't find a way to beat Djokovic or Nadal at the moment. Basically he needs those two to get knocked out by others otherwise he won't win another grand slam tournament. He doesn't have the edge anymore but he is still an incredibly good player and number three isn't too bad a spot to be in.

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUCK YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!

NOVAAAAAAK ĐOKOVIĆĆĆĆĆ!!!

DASS HOW WE ROLL BRUH

Oh, btw, I'm halfSerbian.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Haven't watched the Men's Final yet but damn that was a great semi by Djokovic and Murray, impressed at how physical it was. 4 and a half hours. Federer kinda self-destructed in the other semi. Also surprised at how poorly Sharapova looked in the Final.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Men's final was incredible. Both guys giving it their all and there were so many momentum changes throughout the match. Just shows how fit these guys have to be as well to play at the elite level. I thought that Djokovic would be too good on hardcourt but Nadal wasn't far off, five grand slam titles to Novak now and three of them are Australian Open titles!

Women's final was really disappointing, Sharapova was really bad on the day. Can't believe that Azarenka gets $2.3 million for that (same as Djokovic) even though one of the men's sets was almost longer than the entire women's final.

Quad

Reaction score
Ohhh Troy, don't get surprised at how much money tennis players make.

Prior to the Aus Open, Hewitt played one game beforehand, lost it, and guess how much he made? Over 4 grand. Yep. I'd lose every tennis match (if I played) for a year to get 3 grand. This was also when he was ranked some 180-odd.

Anywho, speaking of Hewitt; I saw that this wasn't mentioned here but damn fuck did he put in a good fucking effort against Djokovic. I've always believed it ever since he won his first US Open Doubles (19 years old; youngest player ever to win any type of major. Australia Pride <3), but Hewitt is one of the best countering players of all time. Unfortunately, with tennis changing over the years and Hewitt being injured, it will be a while until Hewitt's in any form that can rival the top 4; so here's hoping to no injuries.

Also - Bernie Tomic. Boy, imagine what he'd be able to achieve if he wasn't so lazy. It pains me to say it, but he's got a long way to go in ridding himself of the greeniness or whatever. Fed showed him exactly what he should be striving (I almost jizz everytime Fed hits his backhand fuarkkk) to accomplish. Ah well, all in due time I guess.

On a happier note, big ups to Rafa and Novak -- fucking fine effort by them two and really entertained for a good six hours. Djokovic is on a roll, and the only thing that looks like stopping him is the French Open :p

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Unbelievable final. 6 Hours is insane. Both guys gave everything they had and had a classic battle. Overall thought this was a great men's draw. Women's had one great match (Clisters vs Na).

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Also - Bernie Tomic. Boy, imagine what he'd be able to achieve if he wasn't so lazy. It pains me to say it, but he's got a long way to go in ridding himself of the greeniness or whatever. Fed showed him exactly what he should be striving (I almost jizz everytime Fed hits his backhand fuarkkk) to accomplish. Ah well, all in due time I guess.

I hope that he drops the ego a bit and realises that he has to work a lot harder to make the top five. He has so much talent but I fear that it will all go to his head. He has the whole nation behind him at 19 and everyone loves him so it isn't a surprise that he has an ego but he needs to manage it.

Quad

Reaction score
I hope that he drops the ego a bit and realises that he has to work a lot harder to make the top five. He has so much talent but I fear that it will all go to his head. He has the whole nation behind him at 19 and everyone loves him so it isn't a surprise that he has an ego but he needs to manage it.
Definitely agree with you here.

I remember when Hewitt was our BIG DEAL and he took that in his stride and became the world number one. People say Tomic can even be better than Hewitt was, so here's hoping he gets a rude awakening soon and realises how much hope we have for him <3