2012-13 NBA Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
The big 3 are Bosh, Wade and LeBron. They're called the big 3 as they were huge transfers to the Heat. Lebron is the best player in the league IMO.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Crayo said:
The big 3?

Can someone list the top 10 players in NBA atm.

Like in football it's Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney etc, what's it for NBA?

According to the MVP race, it's James, Kevin Durant, Kobe Bryant, Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo, Russell Westbrook, Dwyane Wade, and Dwight Howard.

But it's really a matter of personal opinion.

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
It used to be Bryant/James but Kobe's getting older now. It is now more LeBron James (i.e. the Messi of basketball) vs. Kevin Durant (the Ronaldo of basketball).

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Crayo said:
I always heard it was between Bryant and James. They were like the Messi/Ronaldo of basketball.

Don't listen to the noobs. The top 10 players in the league are as followed:

1.) LeBron
--
2.) Durant
3.) Kobe
4.) Wade (when healthy)
5.) Chris Paul
--
6.) Dwight Howard
7.) Carmelo Anthony
8.) Kevin Love
9.) Dirk Nowitkzki
10.) Deron Williams

Just missed: Rose, Westbrook, and ANDREW BYNUM (<--underrated as shit)

Notes:
LeBron is head and shoulders above the rest, and is clearly the man atm IMO. He has always been the most talented, but he has now done it throughout the entirety of the playoffs and the Finals and won his team a ring.

Durant has surpassed Kobe, but Kobe awesome. He's completely reinvented his game now that he has lost some athleticism, and even at age 34 he is a threat to win another championship, especially with the recent addition of Steve Nash.

also as far as 'Big 3' it's just become a generic term for any 3 superstars that come together to one team. For example Boston had a big 3 when they won the title with KG, Pierce, and Allen. Then Miami had their big 3, now you always hear about other teams putting together a 'big 3'

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
Okay, who's the best point guard (my position)? I love those guys.

I've been a big fan of Lebron forever but only because he's like a mega-heel lmfao.

Chris Paul, followed by Deron Williams. Then you have the athletic freaks Rose (who unfortunately blew out his knee and will miss most of next year) and Russell Westbrook.

Nash IMO rounds out the top 5. Nash is the man, an all time great and 2 time MVP but is old at this point. He just signed in LA though and will play with Kobe, Bynum, Gasol, ect so they might make the finals next season (though they would get stomped out by Miami IMO)

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
My top five by each position,a nd then top 10 overall to end it.

Point Guards

1 - Chris Paul (L.A. Clippers)
2 - Derrick Rose (Chicago Bulls)
3 - Deron Williams (Brooklyn Nets)
4 - Russel Westbrook (Oklahoma City Thunder)
5 - Rajon Rondo (Boston Celtics)

Honorable Mention(s): Tony Parker (San Antonio Spurs)/John Wall (Washington Wizards)/Steve nash (L.A. Lakers)

Shooting Guards

1 - Dwayne Wade (Miami Heat)
2 - Kobe Bryant (L.A. Lakers)
3 - Manu Ginobli (San Antonio Spurs)
4 - Joe Johnson (Brooklyn Nets)
5 - James Harden (Oklahoma City Thunder)

Honorable Mention(s): Tyreke Evans (Sacramento Kings)/Monta Ellis (Milwaukee Bucks)

Small Forwards

1 - LeBron James (Miami Heat)
2 - Carmelo Anthony (New York Knicks)
3 - Rudy Gay (Memphis Grizzlies)
4 - Paul Pierce (Boston Celtics)
5 - Andre Iguodala (Philadelphia 76ers)

Honorable Mention(s): Danny Granger (Indiana Pacers)

Power Forwards

1 - Chris Bosh (Miami Heat)
2 - Kevin Love (Minnesota Timberwolves)
3 - Blake Griffin (L.A. Clippers)
4 - Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks)
5 - Amar'e Stoudemire (New York Knicks)

Honorable Mention(s): Kevin Garnet (Boston Celtics)/Josh Smith (Atlanta Hawks)

Centers

1 - Dwight Howard (Orlando Magic)
2 - Andrew Bynum (L.A. Lakers)
3 - Tyson Chandler (New York Knicks)
4 - Joakim Noah (Chicago Bulls)
5 - Demarcus Cousins (Sacramento Kings)

Honorable Mention(s): Anthony Davis (New Orleans Hornets)

Top 10 Overall

1 - LeBron James (SF ; Miami Heat)
2 - Dwight Howard (C ; Orlando Magic)
3 - Chris Paul (PG ; L.A. Clippers)
4 - Dwayne Wade (SG ; Miami Wade)
5 - Carmelo Anthony (SF ; New York Knicks)
6 - Kevin Durant (SF: Oklahoma City Thunder)
7 - Derrick Rose (PG ; Chicago Bulls)
8 - Deron Williams (PG ; Brooklyn Nets)
9 - Kobe Bryant (SG ; L.A. Lakers)
10 - Andrew Bynum (C ; L.A. Lakers)

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rose better than Kobe lmao. Stop overrating Rose just because he won an undeserved MVP. D-Will is a much better player than Rose

Howard the 2nd best player :dawg:

come on son

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
So who's the Spain of Basketball atm? The best team by a mile. It was Lakers a few years ago right? Or celtics, I can't remember. Also, how does trading work? Is it similar to football where the rich ass club gets what they want or?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Crayo said:
So who's the Spain of Basketball atm? The best team by a mile. It was Lakers a few years ago right? Or celtics, I can't remember. Also, how does trading work? Is it similar to football where the rich ass club gets what they want or?

Miami is the best team by a lot going into next season IMO. And no, there is a salary cap teams can't spend unlimited money.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Kevin Love deserves more respect, He's top-10 easily, maybe top-5

Dolph's, I thought the NBA had a "soft salary cap", to where you can go over the cap but have to pay a penalty to the NBA for every dollar you spend over the cap. Is it still that way?

Y2J Enigma

The Artiste
Reaction score
Also, in football you can buy players for money. It doesn't normally work that way. Usually teams trade draft picks/players for other pick/players.

Dolph'sZiggler said:
Rose better than Kobe lmao. Stop overrating Rose just because he won an undeserved MVP. D-Will is a much better player than Rose

Howard the 2nd best player :dawg:

come on son

Rose is better than Kobe, I am not overrating Rose. The 34-year-old Kobe is the one getting overrated.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Rainman said:
Kevin Love deserves more respect, He's top-10 easily, maybe top-5

Dolph's, I thought the NBA had a "soft salary cap", to where you can go over the cap but have to pay a penalty to the NBA for every dollar you spend over the cap. Is it still that way?

Yes, but there is also a hard cap that you can't go over. Not many teams are willing to go into the luxury tax after the last CBA; the penalty for going over the soft cap used to be a lot more lenient than it is now.

The NBA salary cap is a lot more complicated than say the NFL salary cap. I understand it but it's more difficult for me to explain in quick, simple terms.

Also I put Love in my top 10 chief. He is the best PF in basketball by far.

Y2J Enigma said:
Rose is better than Kobe, I am not overrating Rose. The 34-year-old Kobe is the one getting overrated.

Well I'll simply avoid discussing basketball with you if you really think this :dawg: