2011 US Open Tennis

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
2011_US_Open_%28tennis%29_poster.jpg

The final grand slam of the year started a couple of days ago and already some big names have bowed out.

In the men's singles Troicki (15), Youzhny (16), Soderling (6) due to illness, Almagro (10) are all out of the tournament.

In the women's singles Kvitova (5), Na Li (6), Hantuchova (21), Bartoli (8), Radwanska (12), Cibulkova (14), Wickmayer (20) are all out as well.

In the men's singles it will be interesting as for the first time in quite some time, well since Roddick's good run, the US have a good chance that a local can win it in Mardy Fish who is in fantastic form. Looking forward to this tournament as I think we may see someone other than the top four make the final.

With the Australian's Bernard Tomic won his first round match and will play Cilic in the secound round so that will be a tough match for him. Sam Stosur is into the third round and will play Petrova.

Unfortunately coverage starts at 1am here so I don't get to see any of the games live.

I remember that there are quite a few tennis fans on here so hopefully there will be some good discussion.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
I DVR every Grand Slam from Quarterfinals on so when we get there I will comment more. Most of this airs well I am at work so that is the easiest way to do it.

ants

Reaction score
I forgot all about it, but from now on I'll be watching some of it. Bad thing is, it doesn;t start til 1am here and then I wake up when its still on and forget all about it.

If maria's still in it, she'll win hopefully.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The time difference is terrible for trying to watch this in Australia.

Unfortunately Tomic couldn't beat Cilic and it was a one-sided match. Stosur is still in after having a scare in her last match where she dropped the second set after leading 4-1. Stosur plays Maria Kirilenko for her fourth round match and hopefully can make it into the quarter-finals. In the women's singles only four of the top ten seeds remains and in the men's singles six of the top ten seeds remain in the tournament.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Big update, didn't realise it had been so long since I posted in this thread.

In the men's singles one semi-final is confirmed Djokovic vs. Federer and on the other side of the draw there are two quarter finals left Isner vs. Murray and Roddick vs. Nadal. Excellent display by the US players at their home grand slam and I have a feeling that at least one of them will make the final. Djokovic vs. Federer should be a good match but in his current form I expect Djokovic to win.

In the women's singles Stosur hasn't choked yet! She has been fantastic so far and is into the semi finals. The two semis are Wozniacki vs. Serena Williams and Stosur vs. Kerber (unseeded player). I would expect Stosur to make the final since she is playing an unseeded player but the other semifinal should be good. I can't go past Serena though, even though I would prefer a Wozniacki win to make it a bit easier for Stosur if she makes the final.

The men's singles quarter-finals are tonight and the women's singles semi-finals are tomorrow.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Djokovic vs. Nadal is the men's final so in the end it came down to 1 vs. 2 in the world. Looking forward to the final and I am hoping that Djokovic can win.

Stosur vs. Williams is the women's final. I am so happy for Stosur that she has made it to the final but I don't like her chances against Serena. I am hoping that she can at least push it to a third set.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Djokovic is unbelievable. He was down 2-0 sets to Federer won the next two. Then he was down 5-3 in the 5th Broke Federer twice and won 7-5. This guy is unreal. Nadal is playing very well also. Looking forward to that. Serena looked in control against Caroline and will bring it against Stosur. Kinda pulling for Sam though.

ants

Reaction score
STTTTOOOSSSSSSSSSUURRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

How good was she?

Beating Serena in America in straight sets is Amazing and its a great day to be an Aussie.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Lol @ Serena Williams getting mad at the Umpire. What a silly bitch.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Excellent win by Stosur. To defeat Serena in straight sets is about as impressive as it can get. Finally the drought has been broken and hopefully with the monkey off her back she can win a few more grand slams in the coming years. Serena proved in that match why I don't like her. Once again she abuses and umpire, two years after she threatened to kill a line umpire. She is a bad sport.

Djokovic continued his incredible form by defeating Nadal in the final. He is on fire at the moment and I like seeing someone else at the top of men's tennis.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Djokovic is looking to be the next big thing, very under-rated and a great player. Also happy Sam Stosur finally won a grand slam, it's a big thing in Australia.