2011 Formula One Season

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
WEBBER ON POLE!

Webber pulled off a great lap last night to take pole in the German GP. Hamilton lines up in second after a fantastic lap as well.

Webber, Hamilton, Vettel, Alonso, Massa, Rosberg, Button, Sutil, Petrov, Schumacher

Knowing how Webber starts I wouldn't be surprised to see him fourth at the first corner. I hope he isn't but his recent record isn't too promising. Should be a good race and there is some rain forecast which will make it even more interesting.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hamilton won the German GP, incredible drive from him and his passing move to take Alonso near the end was perfect.

Hungarian GP is happening right now and it is really wet. Cars are struggling for grip but no contact so far. Vettel, Hamilton and Button are the top three so far.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Button wins the Hungarian GP ahead of Vettel and Alonso. Hamilton really should have won this but for a few poor decisions and a spin off which ended up in a drive through penalty as he nearly took out di Resta. Should'nt have switched to the Intermediates.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Great drive by Button. He won it in 2006 when it was wet and did the same again here in some wet weather. Everyone is still a long way behind Vettel and with only eight races left I don't think that anyone can catch him. The battle for second is strong though with four drivers battling it out.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Belgian GP was on the weekend and Red Bull are back to their winning ways with Vettel leading Webber home. Vettel started on pole yet again but after a crazy start Nico Rosberg jumped from sixth to first but he could only hold the lead for a few laps. Webber had a shocking start from third where he dropped down to eigth at the first corner. Button started from 13th but had another great drive and managed to get the last spot on the podium. Hamilton was having an okay day before he clipped Kobayashi and flew into the barriers. Hamilton accepted the blame for the crash after the GP after he left him no room to get past. Vettel now leads Webber by 92 points and with a maximum of 175 points left Vettel basically has his second title in the bag.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
So Vettel is now the 2011 Drivers Champion and Red Bull are the 2011 Constructors Champion and there are still three races to go. Dominant season by them again to wrap both titles up so early and to defend both titles that they won last year. The battle is really for second in the drivers championship with four drivers in the race; Button 222, Alonso 212, Webber 209 and Hamilton 196. Obviously I am hoping that Webber can take second but honestly Button has looked the second best driver this year. He has driven so well this year and protects his tires much better than most drivers.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Yeah, Vettels been so dominant this season and I expect him to defend his title next year.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I agree he will probably win yet another title next season. It will come down to the car design in the end but Adrian Newey at Red Bull is already working on next seasons car. I guess that is the great thing about already having wrapped up the season so early he can be away from the races to work for the next title. Vettel will eventually break Schumacher's record of seven titles. He is still only 24 and as Schumacher and Barichello have shown you can race well into your thirties.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The first Indian F1 GP is this weekend and believe it or not but they had to stop practice due to stray dogs running onto the track! Supposedly this is going to be a regular occurence over the weekend. Vettel is on pole again and Webber will start from second. Hamilton was second but has a three place penalty for setting a fastest lap when officials were on track helping a driver out of their car, Perez got the same penalty. Looking forward to the race tomorrow to see how they go at the new track. Vettel has said that he wants Webber to get second in the drivers championship so it will be interesting if he lets Webber pass if they are together at the end.

Big news that in 2013 F1 will come to New Jersey and they will race around the Hudson River. I am hoping that it will be a night race like Singapore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Another race, another win for Vettel and another incident between Hamilton and Massa :D

The Abu Dhabi GP is this weekend. Hopefully they have done something to sort out the track because last year's race was one of the most boring I have ever watched. No-one could overtake and so there was no drama.

After that there is the Brazilian GP to finish the season.

Reaction score
Spoiler: Vettel wins both, Hamilton whinges about something going bad for his car, and Webber fails like always.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Wouldn't surprise me if it went that way. I do want Webber to get at least one win for the season.

First practice is on now for the Abu Dhabi GP.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I do hope Red Bull don't win this weekend. I don't see Ferrari challenging Red Bull just yet, so hopefully either Lewis (if he doesn't get a grid penalty like he did in India 2 weeks ago) or Jenson can challenge Vettel.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Vettel is on pole again. It looked like Hamilton had it in the bag but Vettel got pole on the last lap on the circuit. Hamilton is P2 followed by Button, Webber, Alonso and Massa. Hopefully this race is more interesting than last year and hopefully there is plenty of overtaking.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
There's DRS & KERS, so there should be over-taking this year. And we shouldn't have any incidents like last year when Alonso was stuck behind Petrov for most of the race, which cost him the World Title.

I watched qualifying earlier like I always do with each race, got excited when Button & Lewis were on the front row then along came Seb and got pole once again. Still, I hope Vettel doesn't win the race.