2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
If the Clippers did this kind of undermining to the coach since Vinny just isn't really that good of a coach I'll bet anything you wouldn't be like good for them for being united against their dumb coach. You would say lol Clippers this is why they'll always be the Lakers redhead stepchild. No matter how you try to slice it they're being immature bitches on how they're handling it.

And btw on that whole stat guy thing that whole thing got murdered by Brown with his line about if I was a stat guy Metta wouldn't be playing. Just cause you won titles doesn't mean you should get a pass to act like a dickhead instead of a professional.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
That ain't new lol. He ain't the only one as mason and Ireland discussed that last week. Said Drew and Pau backed him up and want them back as the backup pg and third big. (Fuck Troy and Steve I know - also the only two vets to not join the trolling)

I did lol when Kobe said his coaching staff is young and going to learn with time, like they were the rookies.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If the Clippers did this kind of undermining to the coach since Vinny just isn't really that good of a coach I'll bet anything you wouldn't be like good for them for being united against their dumb coach. You would say lol Clippers this is why they'll always be the Lakers redhead stepchild. No matter how you try to slice it they're being immature bitches on how they're handling it.

And btw on that whole stat guy thing that whole thing got murdered by Brown with his line about if I was a stat guy Metta wouldn't be playing. Just cause you won titles doesn't mean you should get a pass to act like a dickhead instead of a professional.

Winning titles also means a coach is supposed to act like you know how to win. The problem with his message is he is telling guys you win by playing this style, doing shoot abounds every morning, watching a bunch of tape, and other things and it all comes back to Phil did it differently, Phil won 11 as a coach, and we hav all won under him and been to many different finals. Their message is who the fuck are you and what have you ever won? It ain't supposed to be likable but it is honest, he came into a title team and they won't reshape their culture for him ever, he has to get in where he fit in with this bunch.

Mike is losing or has lost damn near every player because he can't make a decision, can't handle rotations, has no offense, just can't be the lakers head coach. It isn't about being immature when the guys are winning in spite of what you are saying. They know when you you didn't have an offensive gameplan, when your defensive scheme isn't right, and how to play and win.

Mike should have never come to a team full of people who voted Shaw, Adleman, and Sloan and with proven winners because his bull shit ra ra speeches ain't being heard

As for the clips it would not be the same situation to me unless Vinny was telling Chauncey how to win. Their guys haven't been there so the two would grow together. I hey ignored an established voice like Pop I'd laugh

Last edited:

SAL

Reaction score
Winning titles also means a coach is supposed to act like you know how to win. The problem with his message is he is telling guys you win by playing this style, doing shoot abounds every morning, watching a bunch of tape, and other things and it all comes back to Phil did it differently, Phil won 11 as a coach, and we hav all won under him and been to many different finals. Their message is who the fuck are you and what have you ever won? It ain't supposed to be likable but it is honest, he came into a title team and they won't reshape their culture for him ever, he has to get in where he fit in with this bunch.

Mike is losing or has lost damn near every player because he can't make a decision, can't handle rotations, has no offense, just can't be the lakers head coach. It isn't about being immature when the guys are winning in spite of what you are saying. They know when you you didn't have an offensive gameplan, when your defensive scheme isn't right, and how to play and win.

Mike should have never come to a team full of people who voted Shaw, Adleman, and Sloan and with proven winners because his bull shit ra ra speeches ain't being heard

This would be a great post if you got rid of the first and third paragraphs. The players have no right to tell their coach how he should coach. Yeah, it'll be the coach who takes the fall if they tune him out, but that doesn't make them right. They won under Phil Jackson. Super. There are other ways to win.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Has Mikes way won before? He's had the MVP, hca throughout, and the team picked to win twice but didn't get it done.

If Pop was coming in they would respect him. They all agreed they would respect Shaw or Rambis for the work they put in with those Phil teams. They agreed to Adleman or Sloan who are proven commodities. I just don't get how Mike was the right choice when he lost the cleveland locker room and promoted their antics with the dancing, posing, and crap. He was in a whole different type of atmosphere entering LA and he should have adjusted to the players or at least had ideas of what he wanted them to do set in stone and not waiver.

Sal or Mak would you take a coach seriously if he called you out and then said less than a day later, oh he played well when looking at tape? Would you take him seriously if he benches you for no reason like he did Matt and Josh and then plays you faithfully after calling him out in the media? Would you take a guy seriously if he benched you in the case of Kobe and Andrew then said post game I just wanted to make a sub instead of saying he pulled youmfornwhat you know he pulled you for? Would you take him seriously if a player on your team took a clipboard out of his hand during a game and said your way isn't working, this is what we are going to do and the team followed that player like they did Fisher in Minnesota? I mean damn, I wouldn't. I can't lie about it. I'm NOT saying it is going to be all lovey Dovey when he calls Kobe out for shooting bad or Pau out for defending bad etc, but it damn sure ain't getting him any respect to take it back and go apologize when a player fires back. Phil wouldn't back down from them. It was reported that Shaw and Rambis never did in practice. I mean he should know he was going to be tested but damn he has to at least man up and hold firm. Wavering just gets him laughed at, mocked, and now publicly trolled by the majority of the vets on the team.

And you know it is bad and you lack authority and respect when Pau has the fucking balls to say they will address the coaches about benching Drew as a player unit.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Just to put it out there I don't think he's been a good coach this year at all and didn't think he was the right choice for that team in the first place. All I'm saying is how they're going about it with the antics like Bynum shooting a 3 not going in huddles and stuff like that is just Blue for what is supposedly supposed to be a "classy organization" It's one thing to tune him out and win in spite of him without having to do silly antics that outside looking in makes a team full of grown men look like children.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
92627308.jpg

Us 90s kids get the reference

Showtime

Reaction score
I love when Laker fans try to try to ignore our many problems and brush them aside as if they're nothing and then create a scapegoat for all of the problems. Brown is not the only problem, you would have to be an idiot to think that.

Kobe has had terrible shot selection all year and just isn't hitting.
Bynum is still immature.
We still can't space the floor because we have no consistent three point shooters.
Our bench is beyond pathetic.
The players and coaches are arguing.
We've been choking in the fourth and not being able to get good looks to score, letting other teams back into games.
Our vets are playing far too much, especially Kobe.
The team runs horrible plays, this is Brown's fault.
Kobe is shooting too much and not looking to pass enough in doubles.
Bynum still struggles with double teams, but he's still adjusting so this is more of a learning curve for him than a problem.
There is more. This team obviously is capable of making a finals run, but everything would have to come together perfectly for us in the playoffs to do so, specifically our bench stepping up when they're on the court.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
He could not play Murphy and Blake. Then give McRoberts and Goudekcok all their minutes. Blake has been beyond pathetic. 20mpg, 2ppg, at 22% shooting from the field. Murphy a whopping 3pts in over 10mpg for march. Those two are beyond horrid yet in the rotation hard. Team would be so much better if he took them out and gave the bench minutes to Matt, Josh, and Goock while keeping two of Ron/Kobe/Sessions and Pau/Drew out there like when Phil ran Jordan, Shannon, and Lamar as a 3 man bench? There is no excuse for his horrid rotations and play calls

Last edited:

Showtime

Reaction score
It doesn't work that way sadly, Kobe willed the Lakers to the playoffs for a couple of years and didn't get rewarded for it.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Same with young T-Mac. Hey J.Kidd has none despite the fact the Nets went from the worst to the finals with adding him

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Well I got 50 bucks. Felt bad betting vs my team but hey money is money

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
You bet against the Lakers? I've seen it all now.