2011-2012 NBA Playoffs Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Showtime

Reaction score
Clippers would have had a good enough package had they kept Gordon or the Wolve's pick, but I guess trading far too much to a team that had no leverage whatsoever is just another way of Clippers' showing what failures they are.

LOLNets

And they clearly want to keep Westbrook, but him being eligible for that new rule has completely fucked them over because they're a small market team that can't afford all the stars they've produced(kind of ironic.) They're going to have to pay Harden(who is making himself out to be a player that will be worth quite a bit) and Ibaka as well and they will somehow have to maintain a good bench like they have now. For a small market team like the Thunder, that will be nearly impossible unless they get a huge TV contract or something.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I'm sure the main reason he would want to play there is because of Chris Paul so it wouldn't have worked anyways cause sure they could have traded that package for Howard but then Howard would probably not want to extend there.

SAL

Reaction score
Clippers would have had a good enough package had they kept Gordon or the Wolve's pick, but I guess trading far too much to a team that had no leverage whatsoever is just another way of Clippers' showing what failures they are.

You can find a lot of ways to call the Clippers a failure, but "LOL they can only get one super-elite player and they're not even first in their conference WTF" isn't one of them.

You redeemed yourself here.

Showtime

Reaction score
I'm sure the main reason he would want to play there is because of Chris Paul so it wouldn't have worked anyways cause sure they could have traded that package for Howard but then Howard would probably not want to extend there.

I'm not sayin trade for him instead of Paul. They traded far too much for Paul considering there was literally zero competition. Their original package would have been good enoughto get Paul if Sterling wasn't a complete moron and got himself involved and trading away Gordon. And that right there is failing as a owner, he fucked up his GM which was doing a great job. Getting a elite superstar is great, getting two is what made Lakers the most successfu team in basketballl(in terms of finals appearances and overall success compared to bad season.) Gordon, Jordan, Bledsoe, and some more picks would have have been gotten them Howard, because like the Hornets' situation, they have little to no competition and no one can make a better offer.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I wasn't aware Blake wasn't a star player who is only gonna get better to become an elite star player as he adds to his game. The team they got now is perfectly fine to try and make a run having a great mix of young guys with vets. Not saying if you find a way to keep Gordon out of the deal you don't do it but it seems like that was the only way the deal was gonna happen if Gordon was in it thanks to trade cockblocker Stern. I don't think they were gonna be able to trade for both Paul and Howard as good as it may sound in theory.

Clippers went from the red headed stepchild of the Lakers to becoming an exciting draw in the NBA and made them relevant so of all the failures Clippers management has had this wasn't one of them.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Clips have never been a poor draw. They have always turned a profit and the Odom/Q/Miles group was one of the best sellers in terms of jerseys and tickets. Sterling has just never gave a fuck. He mildly cared when Kobe was a free agent and then to steal Baron from the Warriors owner who he hated for outside business deals gone bad, but he has spent most his years just wanting a profit over wins

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I never said they never drew they're in the staples center so of course it'll happen by default, but they never been as relevant as they are now was my point. Even making people talk about them overtaking the Lakers putting the word title contender and Clippers in the same sentence. I think some of that talk is silly and jumping the gun but that fact that is happening is really good for them and refreshing instead of always being in the Lakers shadow.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Give it to March when the LAkers make something happen. Then when the playoffs come all will be right when they are the afterthought

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Come on now you know damn well that is silly to say they will become an after thought. This isn't the Miami Heat big 3 being championship or bust. Them just making the playoffs for that franchise is a success. Talent wise they should go further than just making the playoffs but still. This team got some relevancy with just Blake by himself let alone when you add Chris Paul and nice pieces like Billups and Caron.

Showtime

Reaction score
^^^You're kinda making Blake better than I would say he is. Until he develops an all around game, aka actually playing both ends of the floor, and learning to play better in the half court offense, instead of mostly on the break and alley oops, I won't really consider him a threat to the teams in the playoffs when it becomes slower and fast breaks are harder to come by. He needs to get consistent with that mid range shot and develop some better post moves.

Nah, I don't see Clippers being bad when it comes playoffs because of their experienced vets, hell they could probably do away with us in the playoffs if CP3 can redo his performance from last in the playoffs since we have no one that can guard him.

Last edited:

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Blake doesn't have to learn how to play one on one D. He can just learn how to flop on that end like Chauncey and Paul do ever play. They get you in enough foul trouble that you can't defend them and you can't attack them.

Flop City

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nah I agree with everything you said about Blake but still doesn't change the fact that despite what he needs to work on when it comes to his game he is still a 20 plus 11 plus rebound guy which is pretty damn good for someone who has a lot of room for improvement. He's already shown he has gotten better as tiem goes on showing he can hit jumpers and such so I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg with the guy as he seems coachable to go with his raw talent.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Blake doesn't have to learn how to play one on one D. He can just learn how to flop on that end like Chauncey and Paul do ever play. They get you in enough foul trouble that you can't defend them and you can't attack them.

Flop City
Knew it was a matter of time before you started overly hating on the Clippers for finally becoming as relevant as the Lakers.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You got to win titles, not regular season games or sportcenter top 10s to be as relevant as the Lakers

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Relevancy and success are two totally different things. Based on your definition that would mean Lebron has never been relevant in the sports world.