2 Guns

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
220px-Two_guns_poster.jpg

2 Guns

Release Date:
2nd August 2013 (US), 16th August 2013 (UK), 24th October 2013 (Australia)

Director:
Baltasar Kormakur

Starring:
Denzel Washington, Mark Wahlberg, Paula Patton, Bill Paxton, Edward James Olmos, James Marsden

Plot Summary:
An elaborate scam has a DEA agent (Denzel) and an NCIS agent (Wahlberg) investigating one another in belief that they are stealing money from the mob. But when they realize that they were set up by the CIA, they must work together to return the money and stay alive.

[YOUTUBE]dVNe3RK2fgI[/YOUTUBE]

Denzel and Wahlberg in a buddy cop style movie cracking wise, yes please. It is a basic plot that we have seen many times before but still with these two involved it has me wanting to go see it. Plenty of action, storyline should be alright and enough comedy to give it the right mix. Only negative is it isn't released in Australia until late October.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I thought this was going to be pretty dumb when I first heard about it, but the more I see of it, the funnier it looks. Actually think this is going to be quite enjoyable, just really wish the name was so damn dumb.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
After seeing the trailer I don't mind the title but before that I had no clue what the movie was about. Bit of wordplay since Denzel and Wahlberg are presumably both "guns" (as in champions or the best) in their respective departments.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I will keep an open mind, but it just seems the sort of thing that Washington has been doing in his sleep for years now. The likes of he and Walberg should be pushing themselves more than this.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I will keep an open mind, but it just seems the sort of thing that Washington has been doing in his sleep for years now. The likes of he and Walberg should be pushing themselves more than this.

Do actors need to push themselves? Why not make movies that they enjoy and that pay well even if the plot isn't that strong.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Never been too big on either, and the type of movie doesn't really appeal to me either. My friend wants to see it though, so I'll probably end up seeing it anyways.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Do actors need to push themselves? Why not make movies that they enjoy and that pay well even if the plot isn't that strong.

Yeah, they got their oscars, wouldn't pushing yourself mean trying out new genres? Wouldn't the stepback be continuing Oscar bait movies?

Movie is being given good reviews by people I generally agree with their opinions. Looks like a good shoot em up, western, buddy cop movie.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Oscar bait movies generally suck monkey anus but have some lame, pretentious theme/story that the oscar community love. I prefer a fun movie like this.

Reactions: 1 person

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Do you not have slow days at work? Days where you don't feel like being their? Take a vacation? This is an actors equivalent they all do it. So I don't know why you'd hold these two to such a high standards it's not like either of them don't have shitty movies in their past. Most people would see this trailer and find it comparable to Training day with a little more comedy but it's probably Denzels most remembered role.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Do you not have slow days at work? Days where you don't feel like being their? Take a vacation? This is an actors equivalent they all do it. So I don't know why you'd hold these two to such a high standards it's not like either of them don't have shitty movies in their past. Most people would see this trailer and find it comparable to Training day with a little more comedy but it's probably Denzels most remembered role.
Agreed. I would say he is remembered for Remember the Titans as well.

The movie was funny, action based, and they seemed to have a good time doing it. At the end of the day both are at stages where they should look to do just that, have fun with their work which fans can enjoy, and make good money. Same is true of Walberg with Ted

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Yeah, Denzel can't play every major black figure from the 20th century, let someone else do one.

Wahlberg can't keep playing cops.

Nobody cares about Oscar movies, if they did they wouldn't have to pay critics to get more people to see them by buying star ratings.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wahlberg can't keep playing cops.

But he is playing a cop basically...

And while oscar nominations are nice they are only their to drive up an actors asking price for all the other movies they do which usually tend to make more money than oscar films

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No.

Being a box office draw makes your asking price go up. Oscar nominations are just bragging rights to validate an insecure persons chosen profession.

Plus I wasn't talking about Wahlberg, he hasn't done Oscar bait since he won one. But he should stop playing cops, even Deniro knew when to stop playing gnagsters.