1993 in review: What else happened the year RAW debuted?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
WWE.com has a segment on their website bout 93 the year of the first RAW, and what else happened that year.

WWE.com: 1993 in review: What else happened the year Raw debuted? For the read or scroll below for spark notes ;D

-Bill Clinton takes office
-Jordan and the Bulls three-peat
-Whitney Houston goes x4 Platinum
-Jurrasic Park is released
-Bills lose their third consecutive Super Bowl, this one against the Cowboys
-Czechoslovakia splits into two nations
-David Letterman moves to CBS
-Montreal wins the Stanley Cup in it's 100th year since winning their last
-Rodney King testifies in court
-Barry Bonds moves to the Giants for 42 million

Discuss other events that happened in 93 :D the debut year for RAW

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I was 6 years old. That's about as much as you're getting from me seen as though I don't remember anything and i'm not looking it up either.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Arsenal%20FC%20FA%20Cup%20Winners%201993.jpg

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Idk much but I do know about the 1993 World Trade Center bombing. Wasn't massive but definitely could of been and it was still bad. R.I.P to those who lost their lives.

Here's info on it:

The 1993 World Trade Center bombing occurred on February 26, 1993, when a truck bomb was detonated below the North Tower of the World Trade Center in New York, NY. The 1,336 lb (606 kg) urea nitrate–hydrogen gas enhanced device was intended to knock the North Tower (Tower One) into the South Tower (Tower Two), bringing both towers down and killing thousands of people. It failed to do so, but did kill six people and injured more than a thousand. The attack was planned by a group of conspirators including Ramzi Yousef, Mahmud Abouhalima, Mohammad Salameh, Nidal A. Ayyad, Abdul Rahman Yasin and Ahmad Ajaj. They received financing from Khaled Sheikh Mohammed, Yousef's uncle. In March 1994, four men were convicted of carrying out the bombing: Abouhalima, Ajaj, Ayyad and Salameh. The charges included conspiracy, explosive destruction of property and interstate transportation of explosives. In November 1997, two more were convicted: Yousef, the mastermind behind the bombings, and Eyad Ismoil, who drove the truck carrying the bomb.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Shouldn't this either be moved to classics or closed on the basis that it has very little to do with wrestling?