15/16 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
And the final result is 4-1 to Tottenham. Moving on to the round of 32 in the Europa League as the winners of group J.
Tom Carroll got his first goal in the lillywhite shirt and it was a thing of beauty.

Nights like this is when I really enjoy being a fan of the spurs. When a team consisting mostly of people "on the bench" is this good, you know there is something brewing in Tottenham. The only question marks in my opinion were Bentaleb, who dribbles far too much and plays far too recklessly for a center midfielder. That's not a way to steal Dier's spot (like he even stands a chance to take based Dier's spot). Also Chadli but him I mostly write up with rust from being out injured.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Man U better win.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Man U better win.
They'll just complain about some outside factor like locker room temperature if they lose. Seems to be the Man U way these days.

Stopspot

Reaction score
I also think Man U are going to have a problem adapting to the Europa League-Prem schedule after so long playing as on the champions-prem schedule. The Europa League one is rougher with more travel and reqquires a team that can play two hard matches very close onto another. When you play the champions you play on Tuesday or Wednesday 90% of the time. That gives more days of rest before the league on the weekend. Europa league is on Thursday so the recovery time is going to be cut down.

Spurs are more used to that schedule since this is our 8th Europa league. Our trainer knows how to work with it as do our players.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I also think Man U are going to have a problem adapting to the Europa League-Prem schedule after so long playing as on the champions-prem schedule. The Europa League one is rougher with more travel and reqquires a team that can play two hard matches very close onto another. When you play the champions you play on Tuesday or Wednesday 90% of the time. That gives more days of rest before the league on the weekend. Europa league is on Thursday so the recovery time is going to be cut down.

Spurs are more used to that schedule since this is our 8th Europa league. Our trainer knows how to work with it as do our players.
You get less days off before the CL game though so I'm guessing they'll be OK though, Van Gaal should be able to manage it though guy is a fantastic manager in all truth.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Being English and having a bit of Welsh in me I am looking foward to the England vs Wales game at the Euros.

Italy and Sweden in the same group should be good

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
You get less days off before the CL game though so I'm guessing they'll be OK though, Van Gaal should be able to manage it though guy is a fantastic manager in all truth.
Out of cl, lost last two games, dull football, Nick Powell up front, spent shitloads of money and they are a joke. Good job I support a successful team in Arsenal:eek:tunga:

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
haha Man U lost to Bournemouth. Man U has really lost it's touch

Stopspot

Reaction score
@Crayo u alive? U committed yet, bro? Don't commit, bro.

In all honesty. I am starting to suspect that LVG is better suited as the manager of a national team. Where he can pick the top of the litter and work more intensely under a shorter period of time rather than an entire season. Either that or he's the manager equivalent of Roberto Soldado, who does well outside of the PL. But is underwhelming in it.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Out of cl, lost last two games, dull football, Nick Powell up front, spent shitloads of money and they are a joke. Good job I support a successful team in Arsenal:eek:tunga:

They're a point behind Arsenal, admittedly with a game in hand though.

Also since you mentioned Arsenal, this has to come into it.