03/21 DESTINATION X Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

I'm sure TNA can squeeze it all in there, but some of the matches might be cut short. Personally i see no sense in having Nash/Young vs. Hall/Xpac on this card. Hall can't move...and is just being used as a storyline cause of the names involved. I think i backstage brawl would do the trick for this in a couple minutes.

Reaction score
There's no way that Scott Hall can have a 15 minute match, even if it is a tag team one. They'll get it all in there.

Reaction score
I don't think so. If you've seen The Rise and Fall of WCW you'll know that they need to work a deal in advance for that.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Haven't watched the ppv yet. Downloading it now. I read about it though. They're bringing back the dumbass ending to matches again.

xtremebadass

From what I read it was a pretty lame PPV. The ladder match and Ultimate X were good, but I doubt anything else was worth watching. They bring in Shannon Moore to take Kaz's X-Title shot, Shannon loses, then Kaz becomes No. 1 Contender anyways? WOW.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Personally I wasn't a fan of any of it really aside from one match. The ladder match was full of awkward spots and zero psychology. The Ultimate X was the same thing. Just full out fast paced moves with no thought as to the consequences of the moves. It was like fast food wrestling. It is okay for the moment but you find yourself thinking later that you could've gotten so much more out of it.

Angle/Kennedy was good. They at least exhibited some ring psychology.

Abyss/Styles was just flat out embarrassing.

Everything else on the show was just meh.

xtremebadass

I give credit to TNA for making the Angle/Anderson rivalry so in depth. It is one of the best rivalries TNA has done in awhile. I just really can't pay any attention to it because I think Anderson tries to hard in his promos. It's a good rivalry, both are great in ring performers, I just have issues with that guy.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah at the end of the match he had a pretty decent promo up until the point where he started repeating his name again fifteen thousand fucking times.

At that point I was like oh yeah, now I remember why I hate hearing you talk.

xtremebadass

And from what I have read Hardy and RVD were nowhere to be seen? I know they weren't booked in any matches, but they can have atleast shown their faces. TNA has two huge names right there and they don't even put them on PPV.

EnterTamed

Reaction score
i thought ultimate x was amazing and obviously the fans did too cuz they were loudest for that match. why should they think about consequences? they know the consequences, shelley and sabin have been in a combined 19 Ultimate X matches out of 20, Sabin was in 13 before last night, Shelley was in 4 before last night. It's about who gets to the X the fastest, you think jeff hardy thinks about consequences in ladder matches?

monkeystyle

Reaction score
And from what I have read Hardy and RVD were nowhere to be seen? I know they weren't booked in any matches, but they can have atleast shown their faces. TNA has two huge names right there and they don't even put them on PPV.

I don't even think they mentioned either of them on air. Could be wrong though.

The fans were chanting like mad for RVD though at the end of the X division title match.

why should they think about consequences? they know the consequences, shelley and sabin have been in a combined 19 Ultimate X matches out of 20, Sabin was in 13 before last night, Shelley was in 4 before last night. It's about who gets to the X the fastest, you think jeff hardy thinks about consequences in ladder matches?

By consequences I mean the consequences of the moves they do and the bumps they take. When you do a huge spot that is supposed to be incredibly damaging you don't sell it for five seconds and then get back up acting like you just go hit with a fluffy pillow.

MizMasta3000

good PPV except Tag titles match and the main event finish.

You know that main event showed me a lot about AJ's WRESTLING skills. I like him better now.

.tim

Reaction score
Don't post here often at all. Got bored last night and decided to watch this PPV and let me tell you the main event was the biggest ass wipe of a match in a long time. AJ coming out in a cheap ass looking Flair get up and Abyss(who will never be the next John Cena) has that stupid fucking ring that lets him be like Hulk Hogan and is now using his red and yellow colors and doing the ear wave when he comes into the ring.

Fucking ridiculous.

xFrenchKissx

Reaction score
I effin love MCMG, that match was amazing.

My jaw dropped when I saw Hall in the tiz-ights. He didn't look as bad as I expected and actually moved around better than Nash did. Obvious ending, and I about died laughing when the crowd started up with the 'same old shit' chants.

Everything else was average, or less.