03/21 DESTINATION X Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MizMasta3000

I was hoping for Hogan to turn heel that night and the band would REALLY be back together again

TheAnswer

Reaction score
I thought last nights PPV was pretty good. I did miss however Band vs Nash/Young and Anderson/Angle though.

Ultimate X, Ladder Match, and Abyss vs Styles were all very entertaining. I liked the main event, although the finish was bad. Flair was being hilirous, Styles and Abyss did a pretty good job, and I wasn't sure who was going to win.

TNA did drop the ball on having RVD and Jeff Hardy no show. I thought Hardy would jump in at the end of the X division match, and RVD and Sting would have a confrontation, but oh well.

Ultimate X is an early candidate for match of the year in my eyes.

Reaction score
Pretty lame PPV all in all. Ultimate X and the ladder match were just spot fests. Really, that's all they were. They were good though, great matches for it.

The Ultimate X match seemed over hyped for how 'dangerous' it is. This is the first one I've seen, is the prize really hung up that high? Doesn't seem higher than a ladder match, tbh. Sick of hearing how dangerous it was, then to just get that...

Everything else I had no real intention of watching. The promo at the end of Anderson/Angle was fucking hilarious. Anderson trying too hard like usual in his promo, and the ultra retro 'tilted cam' effect on Angle, like he was in the fucking twilight zone!

Speaking of the twilight zone - that's where we headed for the Main Event. I think The Pope's gunna lose his title shot at Lockdown (though, it was nice to NOT see him hobble to the fucking ring, for a change...) because the Abyss/Styles thing is still pretty wide open. Interesting ending, but QUICKLY lost interest with Flair stumbling around the ring, and Wolfe's LOOOONG "beatdown". Could've ended so much sooner and had a better effect.

Very dull ppv.

MizMasta3000

WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO SEE GROUND WRESTLING IN AN ULTIMATE X MATCH???

There supposed to be fucking spot fests. It's called ENTERTAINMENT! The fans ate that shit up just like they were supposed to

Axis

WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO SEE GROUND WRESTLING IN AN ULTIMATE X MATCH???

There supposed to be fucking spot fests. It's called ENTERTAINMENT! The fans ate that shit up just like they were supposed to

Complete strawman argument. Assuming you're referring to Knicky, he never stated that he wanted to see "ground wrestling," simply that there should have been some sort of story and overall flow of the spots. Some examples of "high spot" matches that still had flow and sensibility to them would be the TLC match at Wrestlemania 17 or Jeff Hardy vs the Undertaker on Raw back in 2002. Don't pretend like a gimmick match can't have a story. I'll be interested to see the buyrate of this PPV to see if fans actually did "eat that shit up."

Anyway, my biggest disappointment for this show was AJ Styles vs Abyss, given how they have had really great chemistry in the past. It just doesn't work with Styles being the heel and Abyss being the face. Especially because, for a lot of it, Styles just ran through his offense as normal and came off as being the same fiery babyface that he usually is. He was unable to tap into the cocky Styles that he has shown in the past, given that he was up against a monster. They just aren't right for each other with their given alignments. That's ignoring the finish, which of course was awful, but that's the fault of TNA bookers. The pre-finish match quality can only be blame on Styles and Abyss, and I was sorely disappointed.

Ultimate X is an early candidate for match of the year in my eyes.

lmfao.

Great One

I effin love MCMG, that match was amazing.

My jaw dropped when I saw Hall in the tiz-ights. He didn't look as bad as I expected and actually moved around better than Nash did. Obvious ending, and I about died laughing when the crowd started up with the 'same old shit' chants.

Everything else was average, or less.
Surprised no one else said this. I was gonna ask did anyone else freak out when they saw Hall in the CLASSIC Razor attire (also did the RAZOR'S EDGE!)?? And he actually does look in pretty good shape and did decently in the match. That was the best part of the PPV for me besides ofc the A+ Angle/Anderson feud. Just proves how good Angle is, having good feud after good feud, first Wolfe now Anderson. Classic face finally gets his cut-throat revenge by finally busting open the heel, I even felt legitimately releived as I was pretty into this feud.

TheAnswer

Reaction score
Axis, what was the best match of this year? Were in the end of march, and I cant really think of many other matches from this year (Jan-Mar) that was so much better than Ultimate X.

Tobe__

Reaction score
Decent PPV, Ladder match and Ultimate X was great, main event sucked balls, especially the ending, that was just embarresing.

str8edgepunk

Reaction score
Surprised no one else said this. I was gonna ask did anyone else freak out when they saw Hall in the CLASSIC Razor attire (also did the RAZOR'S EDGE!)?? And he actually does look in pretty good shape and did decently in the match. That was the best part of the PPV for me besides ofc the A+ Angle/Anderson feud. Just proves how good Angle is, having good feud after good feud, first Wolfe now Anderson. Classic face finally gets his cut-throat revenge by finally busting open the heel, I even felt legitimately releived as I was pretty into this feud.

I totally marked out when I saw Hall in his attire and when the wolfpac theme hit. Still can't stomach seeing waltman back though(could never stand the skinny prick).

MizMasta3000

Waltman is purely amazing. Dude hasn't aged a day since his 123 Kid days lol. And he is still decent in the ring.