‘Iron Man 3′ Director Shane Black on Sony’s ‘Destroyer’

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Sony Pictures Entertainment has tapped “Iron Man 3″ director Shane Black to helm its adventure-action movie “The Destroyer.â€

The project is based on the book series of the same name originally written by Warren Murphy and Richard Sapir. Jim Uhls (“Fight Clubâ€) and James Mullaney are writing the screenplay.

The series centers on a New Jersey cop who’s framed, sentenced to death, then resurrected following a botched execution in order to serve as enforcement for a top-secret arm of the U.S. government.

Mullaney co-authored and became the sole writer on “The Destroyer†books until the series’ end in 2008.

Producers are Charles Roven, Steven Chasman and Andy Horwitz. Sony production president Michael De Luca will oversee with Lauren Abrahams for the studio.

“ ‘The Destroyer’ is a two-fisted classic and deserves no less than the genius of Shane Black,†De Luca said.

Black is currently attached to co-write and direct “Doc Savage†for Sony. Mullaney is author of the “Red Menace†series of spy thrillers and the “Crag Banyon Mysteries†detective series.

Black is represented by WME and David Greenblatt of GreenLit Creative. Uhls is represented by Paradigm and Anonymous Content. Mullaney is represented by David Greenblatt as well.

News was first reported by Deadline.com.

I have never read the books so I have no clue as to what it is really about other than what was written here.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Ever seen Remo Williams? That's a Destroyer movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I'm actually pretty down for this. I loved Remo Williams and Black is probably the best guy to do a reboot justice. Here's hoping for a Fred Ward cameo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk