Your views on swearing

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
Not flaming any particular religion, but all religions in general. I cant stand adults believing in fairytales in the 21st century. :pity:

I believe i can fly.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Crayo said:
How? The point isn't to completely remove the word. If I wanted to do that I would rename them all to pokemon.

Firstly, that Pokémon thing would be totally awesome. But to answer your question, I wasn't referring to that. I was referring that no matter how you type fuck it will be all lowercase and (more importantly) that it's only that variant of the word that's filtered. I didn't realized that adding "ing" made it okay to the censors. If fuck is censored, logic dictates that all variants would be, fucking, fucker, the last two by with mother in front of them, and that same goes for shit; yet this site's filters only filter the base word. I've run forums before and I know for a fact both of these can be solved, granted not this type of forum but meh.

I'm not even sure why we have filters, this is the most I've ever swore on here so it doesn't really affect me or anything, but I still really don't like censorship (though it's not always a bad thing) and there really wasn't much swearing prior to justify it, at least not in the sections I check.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah we haven't been specific enough with it, the filter system is pretty crap if you ask me. The reason we have a filter is because there are a lot of minors here and a few users swear excessively, there is no need for it to be constant. I'm not going to protect the minors like a parent would, but it is my responsibility to make sure they don't see utter nonsense constantly, there is no need at all for excessive cursing. However, I have requested a profanity feature which a user can toggle at MyBB. This would mean you can turn off the swear filter in your options, which seems like something you would want.

swangirl

The Artiste
Reaction score
I have no problem with it as long is not every word.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
JeebaK said:
ADULTS who believe in fairtytales.

You make a good point. Beliefs are what make up a people, and are one of the main connectors to them in a society such as this. If you didnt have religion, there would be a weekly meeting on pro-choice or pro-life rallies, or some other pointless way for people to get together and feel above others.