Your Turn, Smart Guy

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Hey, hey, hey, it's high time this little thread got back into action. Last time around, the discussion was pretty intense, particularly between [MENTION=121]Wang Chung[/MENTION] and [MENTION=60]The Linebacker[/MENTION]. Here's hoping this week's topic can generate some of the same buzz. So with that being said, here it is....

"Over the last couple of years, The Big Show has consistently been one of the best performers on the WWE roster. He's matured his in-ring work to fit his rising age, his mic skills are excellent and, above all else, he understands the "theatrics" of wrestling better than almost everyone else. I would be happy to see him have one more extended run as a dominant heel champion before he retires."

You know the drill, either you agree or disagree, but either way I want to hear it. GO!!!

Alex Scott

Metrosexual New Owner
Reaction score
I would completely agree with this. Just like with Mark Henry, Big Show has come back with a vengeance, becoming one of WWE's best heels today. I love his promos. For the most part, I actually agree with him on his points. His motivation makes sense. I would love to see him work as a dominant heel champion. However, when he does lose it, it needs to mean something. Someone of Big Show's caliber needs to lose the title when an upcoming face needs a huge push.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
"Over the last couple of years, The Big Show has consistently been one of the best performers on the WWE roster. He's matured his in-ring work to fit his rising age, his mic skills are excellent and, above all else, he understands the "theatrics" of wrestling better than almost everyone else. I would be happy to see him have one more extended run as a dominant heel champion before he retires."

I agree with everything but the last sentence. Big Show has been around long enough to know his place in the biz and how to act and perform around that. However, I don't want to see another title run.

My residing beef with Show is the same beef I have with Cena, admittedly on a smaller scale. Every now and then they'll do something completely asinine with Show, such as letting the tag division spotlight itself in a rare 15 minute match, only to have Show beat down everyone after for no storyline related reason. I understand that a guy his size needs to be protected but sadly a lot of the time it's at the detriment of others.

We're at that point once again where WWE is screaming out for new talent, and Show having an extended run at the top of the company would once again stop that. His feud with Del Rio was perfect, more stuff like that please.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Alright guess I will play devil's advocate since everyone is agreeing with the opening argument.

Big Show to me has shown little growth as a wrestler and a man on the mic. In fact the only time I really enjoyed Show was when he was mimicking everyone like Hogan and coming out to them......I think they did that with someone else too. I actually liked the Show as a comic relief because I really still just laugh at him since he only knows two emotions angry and smiling. What else does he do? He still only knows a few moves (thanks to Nash and Hall for pointing that out) yell, slap on chest, chokeslam, and WMD. While I have some improvement with show on the mic he still puts me to sleep must be his guttural low voice and slow paced talk.

Show really needs to be used as a big monster that can destroy everyone based upon his size with very few loses coming cleanly. He should just destroy everyone in his path since there really is not anyone out there that can match up to him on a level of size and probably sheer strength other than Henry. If the two of them were a team they could be called Big Pain. They could put everyone out of their misery.

Just don't see much that they can do with Show right now that hasn't already been done with him. Either continue to protect the guy by giving him the title or find a nice up and coming guy that is huge that could use the rub and make the guy.

Reactions: 1 person

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Alex Scott said:
For the most part, I actually agree with him on his points. His motivation makes sense.
This is one thing I love about Show, he could just be all "I'm a beast so I want to eat you for breakfast gah gah gah" but instead he rationalizes his actions because he feels that they're justified. A giant should never be passed over or an afterthought, Show uses this logic to his advantage all the time.

The Linebacker said:
I understand that a guy his size needs to be protected but sadly a lot of the time it's at the detriment of others.
As much as I think it doesn't need to happen in order for him to keep his heat, you have to admit that it's at least feasible that a man of Show's size could take out several smaller men. In this sense, it doesn't really make the tag team guys look bad, since their strength in numbers means nothing when compared with that of a lone giants. However, you do win the no prize for picking out the one thing in the statement that was not my personal opinion; I too don't want to see Show as a dominant heel champion. I would love a face champ run though and yes, I'm serious about that.

Wang Chung said:
If the two of them were a team they could be called Big Pain. They could put everyone out of their misery.

Just don't see much that they can do with Show right now that hasn't already been done with him.
Big Pain sounds like a pretty kick-ass tag team. I would love to see Show and Henry take on Rollins and Reigns for the tag belts, and it would help to make them mean something again as well.

If you go with the tag team, one thing you could do to freshen up Show would be to have him "seriously wound" some wrestlers because he doesn't know his own strength anymore. It could start an angle where he tries to atone for this by learning how to wrestle safer and he becomes kind of a pushover. Meanwhile, Henry is still pissed all the time and angry, while Show is getting happier, leading to them doing a play on Show's two emotions where one is angry and the other smiles. :lol:

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
This is one thing I love about Show, he could just be all "I'm a beast so I want to eat you for breakfast gah gah gah" but instead he rationalizes his actions because he feels that they're justified. A giant should never be passed over or an afterthought, Show uses this logic to his advantage all the time.

As much as I think it doesn't need to happen in order for him to keep his heat, you have to admit that it's at least feasible that a man of Show's size could take out several smaller men. In this sense, it doesn't really make the tag team guys look bad, since their strength in numbers means nothing when compared with that of a lone giants. However, you do win the no prize for picking out the one thing in the statement that was not my personal opinion; I too don't want to see Show as a dominant heel champion. I would love a face champ run though and yes, I'm serious about that.

Big Pain sounds like a pretty kick-ass tag team. I would love to see Show and Henry take on Rollins and Reigns for the tag belts, and it would help to make them mean something again as well.

If you go with the tag team, one thing you could do to freshen up Show would be to have him "seriously wound" some wrestlers because he doesn't know his own strength anymore. It could start an angle where he tries to atone for this by learning how to wrestle safer and he becomes kind of a pushover. Meanwhile, Henry is still pissed all the time and angry, while Show is getting happier, leading to them doing a play on Show's two emotions where one is angry and the other smiles. :lol:

I think that sounds like fun little thing to do with show. I also think they could use show sort of like how they used Flair and HHH to get Orton and Batista over by having him be the head of a group of big guys that are up and coming and need some sort of push in the right direction. You could use him and henry to he the heads of that group and throw in Langston and IRS's boy. Make them a nice little destructive force to battle with the shield. Big Pain would work for them or Shield deflectors.

Have them work together and implode like all groups with Langston and Henry vs the other two.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Since I thought this was a great Idea by the one and only Fuji man. I figured I would revive it some what and hopefully spark some discussion.

"Over the last year Daniel Bryan has been pushed as high as he will ever go and given his height and build he should not expect to Main Event for much longer anyways. Daniel Bryan does not have that look of a WHC champion nor does he have the chops to carry a company as big as WWE on his shoulders for any length of time."

Those in the know, know how this works agree or disagree.