Your thoughts on Roman Reigns?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
We're really pretending like whoever beats Rusev is going to get a massive rub? Who has Rusev even gone over on his streak? Big E? Jack SwaggeR? lol It isn't exactly like he is tearing through the roster's top guys.

Let's be honest... Rusev in a feud with Reigns is a massive rub for RUSEV, not the other way around. Even if Reigns beats Rusev at Mania, that is the most notable thing to happen to Rusev by far.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
We're really pretending like whoever beats Rusev is going to get a massive rub? Who has Rusev even gone over on his streak? Big E? Jack SwaggeR? lol It isn't exactly like he is tearing through the roster's top guys.

Let's be honest... Rusev in a feud with Reigns is a massive rub for RUSEV, not the other way around. Even if Reigns beats Rusev at Mania, that is the most notable thing to happen to Rusev by far.

Rusev's streak is being treated like a big deal by WWE. To the casuals, then, it's a big deal. To the kids, it's a big deal. To the guys with families who don't spend every waking moment thinking about pro wrestling, it's a big deal. The only people who don't think it's a big deal when watching Raw/Smackdown/PPV's are people who don't fit the above categories, which describes about 7% of the WWE's "Universe".

Now, let's examine the guys who Rusev has "torn through":
Jack Swagger - 1X World Heavyweight Champion, 1X ECW Champion, 1X U.S. Champion, Money in the Bank Winner, 1X FCW Champion (doesn't get as much play since it's now the NXT Championship, but I digress)
Big E - 1X Intercontinental Champion and 1X NXT Champion (remember that the NXT Championship is given a pretty big deal of currency when talked about on WWE television)
Mark Henry - "The World's Strongest Man", 1X World Heavyweight Champion, 1X ECW Champion, 1X European Champion
The Big Show - "The World's Largest Athlete", 2X WWE Champion, 2X World Heavyweight Champion, 2X WCW Champion, 1X IC Champ, 1X US Champ, 8X Tag Team Champ, 3X Hardcore Champ, Triple Crown and Grand Slam Champion

Now, you and I might know these aren't the top guys in the promotion here at the dawn of 2015. But that's because we spend an inordinate amount of time thinking/talking about this shit. To the grand majority of the folks in the stands and "watching around the world", this is a pretty decent resume. He may not be beating Alabama and Oregon here, but he's beating Baylor, TCU, and Boise State. So, his streak is a legitimate point to build on.

The real question is can Reigns beat Rusev and still "make" Rusev "look strong".

wk

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I spend next to no time talking about or watching WWE. Honestly, I seriously doubt even casuals think Rusev feels like a big deal. he just doesn't.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I don't think Reigns beating Rusev's streak would be that much of a rub for him, but it wouldn't hurt him either. Plus I'm sure it would be fun to watch.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't think Reigns beating Rusev's streak would be that much of a rub for him, but it wouldn't hurt him either. Plus I'm sure it would be fun to watch.
If Rusev somehow went over Reigns it would be the biggest win of his career by farrrrrr.

by definition someone in that scenario can't be providing a rub because Reigns is much higher up on the totem pole

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
If Rusev somehow went over Reigns it would be the biggest win of his career by farrrrrr.

by definition someone in that scenario can't be providing a rub because Reigns is much higher up on the totem pole
Yeah, Reigns is above Rusev. I agree. But I guess in the views of some casuals it would be seen as a respectable win. Again, nothing that would sky rocket Reigns because of what you said.

C.M. Shaddix

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
2015-predictions-part-2-global-force-questions

This like describes how it will play out (well for most of the part anyway) Roman is a lot more talented but if they are gonna treat him with the same way they treat Cena with the mic skills of Randy Orton it's gonna fail. Have him WRESTLE, not be a Cena. But he still needs those mic skills anyway. Roman should just be a guy just as popular as Orton, not to John Cena status, that status just sucks ass.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
yea, because DB is known for his great promo skills

:george:

Crimson

Reaction score
Even when he has the mouth covered. :boohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.