Your opinion on John Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
He was the reason Riley got de-pushed. And was shouting at Reks* for using a move.

Fair enough. God knows then who knows he may be a dick but I doubt it. No one knows what goes on backstage apart from those involved.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Re: RE: Your opinion on John Cena

Jose Tortilla said:
He was the reason Riley got de-pushed. And was shouting at Reks* for using a move.

Where have you got this from? Ideally not wild speculation from a dirt sheet or a shoot from someone who needed juicy gossip to gain interest.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
Cloud said:
Fair enough. God knows then who knows he may be a dick but I doubt it. No one knows what goes on backstage apart from those involved.

I updated the OP. Interesting imo.

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
When it comes to his in-ring work, I think John Cena is average, however with the right opponent he can be absolutely phenomenal. Of course, the right opponent is pretty much always an above average competitor, but it's never the case of Cena being carried, it's just him rising to somewhere near their level when they face. Somewhat unfortunately, these opponents are few and far between, leaving most Cena matches as simply average bouts at best. I do say "somewhat" because it makes those matches even more special.

Mic skills-wise it totally depends on what Cena we're seeing. If it's serious Cena then I'd honestly place him as one of the best. Would he make my top five, doubtful but still, he's seriously good. If it's joker Cena, the Cena we got most of the time it seems, we are in for same crap. I'll admit that he can occasionally get a chuckle out of me, but a lot of the times it's just crap. Of course, I'm only talking about what's currently relevant. His rapping gimmick and even pre-PG to a lesser extent aren't really being taking into consideration here since they are no longer an accurate representation of Cena's mic skills.

Finally, the backstage stuff. One, considering Reks is the main reason he's no longer employed in WWE, I highly doubt he has any reason to lie about Cena. So, I'm not doubting the validity of his stories, but I'm doubting why they should have any impact on my opinions of the guy. Firstly, it's wrestling, that's just how it goes. Unfortunate yes, but rarely anyone can be that successful without stepping on a few toes. However, there is enough evidence to counteract those negative comments directed towards Cena or better put "he does just enough/more good to balance/outweigh the bad".

HHHBestHeelEver

The Artiste
Reaction score
Stale character, 5 move set, and when he tries to do another one he botches it, like that hurricanrana on ziggler, he sucks, I hope they turn him heel, I guess I´d like him more then, just tired of goody goody supercena

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
I don't care about Cenah, really. He can wrestle a ton, works hard, but his character still sucks a giant ass, he's boring and stale, hence why not a single fuck is given about him.