Your favourite RAW promos in the past 2 years.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
How was he ruined lmao. go home test, you drunk.

Hope you're sarcastic?

In the case you aren't, because yeah, losing your first match back to Cena, and another one to semi-retired fuck Triple H, isn't hurting your legitimacy at all, a-a. Explain it Vince too, who got half less the buys for 2013 Extreme Rules than 2012 Extreme Rules. Both shows featured Lesnar. If that isn't saying anything, than I'm gone.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Hope you're sarcastic?

In the case you aren't, because yeah, losing your first match back to Cena, and another one to semi-retired fuck Triple H, isn't hurting your legitimacy at all, a-a. Explain it Vince too, who got half less the buys for 2013 Extreme Rules than 2012 Extreme Rules. Both shows featured Lesnar. If that isn't saying anything, than I'm gone.
Obviously Lesnar's first match back spiked buy rates. Cena vs Brock was a much bigger deal than brock vs HHH III.

You couldn't hurt Brock's legitimacy if you intentionally tried to bury him, let alone having him take 2 our of 3 matches against HHH, a guy only fucking taker goes over. And man, that loss to Cena! What a burial. Only jobbers lose to Cena.

Reactions: B.Dazzle

Testify

Bully
Reaction score
Website
i.imgur.com
Obviously Lesnar's first match back spiked buy rates. Cena vs Brock was a much bigger deal than brock vs HHH III.

You couldn't hurt Brock's legitimacy if you intentionally tried to bury him, let alone having him take 2 our of 3 matches against HHH, a guy only fucking taker goes over. And man, that loss to Cena! What a burial. Only jobbers lose to Cena.

Lesnar, the guy who showes up a couple of times a year, can't be a consistent draw for WWE, as obvious according to buyrates. Who is to blame for that? WWE and it's booking. Because it's been Blue when it comes to Lesnar losing his FIRST match back, and another one later to Trips.

I'm sorry, but I stand by my opinion as buyrates speak for me, and a recent legit report that said WWE is trying to hype Lesnar as much as they can because his cred has fallen down significantly since his comeback due to ho-hum booking, and of course the win/loss record. I'm a Brock mark, but the booking of him has been mediocre I'd say. And what monster runs away from HHH? I remember facepalming when I saw it on Raw.

See you around bud.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Lesnar, the guy who showes up a couple of times a year, can't be a consistent draw for WWE, as obvious according to buyrates. Who is to blame for that? WWE and it's booking. Because it's been Blue when it comes to Lesnar losing his FIRST match back, and another one later to Trips.

I'm sorry, but I stand by my opinion as buyrates speak for me, and a recent legit report that said WWE is trying to hype Lesnar as much as they can because his cred has fallen down significantly since his comeback due to ho-hum booking, and of course the win/loss record. I'm a Brock mark, but the booking of him has been mediocre I'd say. And what monster runs away from HHH? I remember facepalming when I saw it on Raw.

See you around bud.

I can't disagree with you Test. It would be better if they would have booked him strong. But after all of this, it's amazing how viable he still is.

I still think Brock can draw money, but he isn't the kind of guy who, in 2014, can draw with a guy like Triple H in a really stale feud about a lawsuit that was impossible to care about. The Summerslam 2012 (which Brock helped the buyrate for since that was the only reason to buy that show) match with Hunter sucked, from both a ringwork and "main-event feel" standpoint, Then there was the match at Wrestlemania where the most memorable parts of the match were outside the cage, and if you bought ER you probably already bought WM. Why pay for the same match twice?

Comparing the Extreme Rules, you also have to consider the overall feel of the product. At ER 2012 we were coming off the heels of a Wrestlemania most people really enjoyed, a shocking Rock win over Cena and the even more surprising return of Lesnar the next night (despite the internet reports) Wrestling felt almost as hot as it could going into ER (which killed it) and we all couldn't wait for that show. But at ER 2013, WWE was as lackadaisical as ever, having Cena win the belt off the Rock to cap off a ho-hum Wrestlemania, and outside of the fans giving a great middle finger and hijacking Raw after Mania there was nothing to look forward to at the time. Extreme Rules had no build that year.

It's been since Wrestlemania 28 since Brock's last loss, and Punk gave him a run for his money at SS so Brock looked really strong for the few people who bought that show. Plus you see the reactions and notice just how much things feel different with Brock around. They most certainly haven't sapped him of ALL his drawing power. We were still like "Yeah, Brock's coming back! I've gotta watch Raw this week!" during this return, while we should be all like "WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BROCK MOTHERFUCKING LESNAR IS GOING TO KILL YOUR SISSY ASSES!"

Oh, and there is no such thing as a legit dirtsheet report, lulz

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

See you around bud.
hey man that's your opinion but Lesnar came out on Raw to announce himself the #1 Contender and nobody flinched. If that isn't 'legitimacy' Idk what is.

edit: Don't recall Bork running away from HHH, but I would venture to guess it was something like Heyman saying "oh no, my client doesn't fight for free!" or something similar

Rogue

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Besides the aforementioned Lesnar interview, and Henry's fake retirement speech a few of my favorite promos would have to be:

There's a couple more done by Heyman, Colter, and Triple H, but I can't seem to find them on YouTube.