You wanna know what i love?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
tbh i'm okay with randy winning? it wasn't a bad booking decision, plus Fiend isn't hurt by this loss. I feel like HIAC 2019 hurt him more than this. If anything, this makes him look stronger when he comes back. (assuming he's taking time off cause Jojo is pregnant again? I might be wrong.)
It was the fashion in which orton won that bothers me. Given the fiends history, it makes no sense. The fiend destroys everyone up and coming and even legends and then get hits with an RKO while the back of his jacket is on fire and he’s literally knocked out. Orton should’ve liked had him tied up with chains and literally beaten hi. With a pipe until he was out for a moment and then while the fiend is trying to get out, he catches him on fire. It all seemed too easy given how unstoppable this monster has been built up to be.

Plus, I’ve heard countless people on these forums for years talking about how legends need to pass the torch and what not, and now I’m hearing that orton, a guy who need to literally prove nothing, can beat the fiend, ya know the fiend, the monster that’s unbeatable and orton literally has 0 to gain from this. I know orton winning is for the sake of “story” but really? Orton had to beat the fiend.... he had to hit one RKO and be the 1 guy to take him out like this.... yeah, makes total sense. It’s no different than Brock beating taker at mania. Was it shocking? Yeah. But should it have been Brock and did Brock need that? Nope.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
He didn't get pinned tho bud. Bray wyatt is a supernatural character. Fuck knows how he reacts to fire. I'm not sure him wearing a leather jacket would prevent the logic of him being in pain. This is wrestling. We have to suspend our disbelief. If you aren't buying it because of a leather jacket then you really aren't playing along. How do you feel about irish whips?

Almost certainly that's the story they are telling. Alexa literally said it on this weeks Raw. Whether he will come back better is dependent on the booking. So he probably still be a deeply flawed character unfortunately. Its unlikely that they will ever do Bray justice creatively. Bit in just judging this match in isolation and I totally get what they were trying to do.

Also I'm speaking broadly here but Randy orton isn't lame. He has had one of the best years you could have in wwe during a pandemic. So fair play to him. But I get that maybe a younger star should beat Fiend but who the fuck is counting this as a big L for Bray? It's a inferno match. It's always better to lose a inferno match and there is no shame in losing one. Bray will absolutely benefit from this loss that isn't really a loss.

Getting destroyed by a heel and coming back to life is Undertaker booking 101. So atleast bray has that going for him. Undertaker got burnt by Orton as well lol.

But yh Fiend will be back and that fact that he has to literally be burnt alive to temporarily get rid of him makes him seem like a legit movie monster.

Maybe they should of given more moves to the Fiend before he is played out but I would of said that would be convoluted. Bray kicking out of 15 curbs stomps I HATE. So maybe I'm just happy The Fiend is has been played out appropriately. The Fiend getting set on fire and rkoed is very good for me. That is a suitable way for a monster heel to get put down. So I guess I just really hate him kicking out of loads of moves. less is more. So maybe this is just the result if previous bad booking.
We’ll have to agree to disagree here my friend.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It was the fashion in which orton won that bothers me. Given the fiends history, it makes no sense. The fiend destroys everyone up and coming and even legends and then get hits with an RKO while the back of his jacket is on fire and he’s literally knocked out. Orton should’ve liked had him tied up with chains and literally beaten hi. With a pipe until he was out for a moment and then while the fiend is trying to get out, he catches him on fire. It all seemed too easy given how unstoppable this monster has been built up to be.

Plus, I’ve heard countless people on these forums for years talking about how legends need to pass the torch and what not, and now I’m hearing that orton, a guy who need to literally prove nothing, can beat the fiend, ya know the fiend, the monster that’s unbeatable and orton literally has 0 to gain from this. I know orton winning is for the sake of “story” but really? Orton had to beat the fiend.... he had to hit one RKO and be the 1 guy to take him out like this.... yeah, makes total sense. It’s no different than Brock beating taker at mania. Was it shocking? Yeah. But should it have been Brock and did Brock need that? Nope.
Fiend is gonna get his revenge on Orton and will beat him so this isnt the big end for the Fiend character where someone is going to get a huge rub by beating The Fiend. That's prospect is kinda dead because of Goldberg. But yh this is just a first match if the feud. So it's not really a old man getting rub for beating the Fiend. It was a inferno match. Ideal that The Fiend lost

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score

Orton didn’t book himself to win, lol.
If Orton loses, he has nowhere to really go. Plus the feud would be done until Orton 1 ups The Fiend. Orton didn’t just win by an RKO, he beat him by putting him on fire, then an RKO.

And The Fiend is a character where these losses don’t hurt him as much. Like Goldberg and Seth Rollins losses were BAD. This was acceptable imo + the story continues where The Fiend goes basically over.

Reactions: Redboy123@

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Orton didn’t book himself to win, lol.
If Orton loses, he has nowhere to really go. Plus the feud would be done until Orton 1 ups The Fiend. Orton didn’t just win by an RKO, he beat him by putting him on fire, then an RKO.

And The Fiend is a character where these losses don’t hurt him as much. Like Goldberg and Seth Rollins losses were BAD. This was acceptable imo + the story continues where The Fiend goes basically over.
Orton can do whatever he wants backstage, so who knows if he did or not lol. Just like when he took his beating from Brock and was handed a rumble win and mania main event.

He had his jacket on fire, the fiend ran around and seemed fine, then got literally knocked out by an RKO. That’s it. In the land of wrestling make believe, it’s stupid based on the beatings the fiend has shown he can take without being taken out. Plus, the fiend was able to control the fire in the match and then is magically taken out by it on his coat and 1 RKO. Yeah, makes sense....

It was the fashion of the loss. He can lose, yeah. But how many times has the fiend lost anything? Once? On a horrible booking to Goldberg? Technically in a triple threat where he didn’t eat the pin? I guess the point is that he can be beat, but it needs to be something really significant. Something big. This felt underwhelming and lame. He should’ve been chained, Beaten with a pipe, nearly looked like he died, then lit on fire after Orton frantically and quickly catches him on fire. Instead, his jacket gets lit on fire when it doesn’t seem to effect him at all and then 1 RKO knocks him out cold. Lol. Yeah... makes complete sense.... then, WWE has Orton stand there for like 2 mins after hitting the RKO and slowly lit him on fire. Hahaha, yeah... makes sense. No rush. No frantic sense of urgency....

It was piss poor man.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Orton can do whatever he wants backstage, so who knows if he did or not lol. Just like when he took his beating from Brock and was handed a rumble win and mania main event.

He had his jacket on fire, the fiend ran around and seemed fine, then got literally knocked out by an RKO. That’s it. In the land of wrestling make believe, it’s stupid based on the beatings the fiend has shown he can take without being taken out. Plus, the fiend was able to control the fire in the match and then is magically taken out by it on his coat and 1 RKO. Yeah, makes sense....

It was the fashion of the loss. He can lose, yeah. But how many times has the fiend lost anything? Once? On a horrible booking to Goldberg? Technically in a triple threat where he didn’t eat the pin? I guess the point is that he can be beat, but it needs to be something really significant. Something big. This felt underwhelming and lame. He should’ve been chained, Beaten with a pipe, nearly looked like he died, then lit on fire after Orton frantically and quickly catches him on fire. Instead, his jacket gets lit on fire when it doesn’t seem to effect him at all and then 1 RKO knocks him out cold. Lol. Yeah... makes complete sense.... then, WWE has Orton stand there for like 2 mins after hitting the RKO and slowly lit him on fire. Hahaha, yeah... makes sense. No rush. No frantic sense of urgency....

It was piss poor man.
I think you’re overestimate “pulls” in wrestling. I’d bet $1 billion that it was not Randy’s decision. Randy literally doesn’t care about wins/losses, he just wants money at this point in his career. He literally wanted Christian to keep the title in 2011 which again was a Vince decision. Undertaker, Stone Cold and various others hated the streak ending to Brock, which again, was a Vince decision.

And like I said before, I don’t think it’s piss poor booking. The Fiend doesn’t need to win every match, he’s not an unstoppable force. He’s been beaten before and will be again in the future. I think you’re just looking at one match and painting the whole picture.

John Cena vs Nexus is bad booking
The Undertaker losing the streak to Brock is bad booking
Seth Rollins vs The Fiend at HIAC is terrible booking
Randy Orton winning by lighting The Fiend on fire/RKO who will get revenge isn’t bad booking.

If The Fiend won, where does he go because it’s Mania season and Vince is trying to have a blockbuster card for that, not McIntyre vs The Fiend which no casual fan would care about.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I think you’re overestimate “pulls” in wrestling. I’d bet $1 billion that it was not Randy’s decision. Randy literally doesn’t care about wins/losses, he just wants money at this point in his career. He literally wanted Christian to keep the title in 2011 which again was a Vince decision. Undertaker, Stone Cold and various others hated the streak ending to Brock, which again, was a Vince decision.

And like I said before, I don’t think it’s piss poor booking. The Fiend doesn’t need to win every match, he’s not an unstoppable force. He’s been beaten before and will be again in the future. I think you’re just looking at one match and painting the whole picture.

John Cena vs Nexus is bad booking
The Undertaker losing the streak to Brock is bad booking
Seth Rollins vs The Fiend at HIAC is terrible booking
Randy Orton winning by lighting The Fiend on fire/RKO who will get revenge isn’t bad booking.

If The Fiend won, where does he go because it’s Mania season and Vince is trying to have a blockbuster card for that, not McIntyre vs The Fiend which no casual fan would care about.
I just gave you an example not too long ago where orton used his pull. God knows if that was truly a Vince decision. Most likely it was, but I wouldn’t be surprised in the least if orton really pushed to be the one who “killed” the fiend because maybe Vinny owed spoiled bitch boy a favor?

Did you read my post at all? Lol. I literally said I didn’t like the fashion of the loss. Even if the fiend did lose, okay, fair enough. But how? A shitty match with his coat on fire. Yeah... totally cool.

To be fair, I think the story is getting more interesting because of Alexa bliss and Ortons ability to be a good heel when he wants to try, but that doesn’t negate the shitty ending to the fiend at TLC.

Reactions: FlandyOrton

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Randy Orton in recent tears has been well known to be a chill dude wanting to help people out. He isn't going to try and dictate things back stage. He is Randy Orton he don'tcare about wins and losses. The last 5 years he has done nothing but try and put people over. We can only go off by character statement of his peers and no one currently had a bad word to say about him. Go back to the roster 10 to 15 years ago then you would have a different answer.

But yh I've already explained in this thread that this is a story where it is required for the Fiend to get beat so that he can rise from the ashes and get his ultimate revenge. Dont see the problem in Orton winning at all. I can see why you would not like the booking of the match that's fair but I would say the majority of people do not have a problem with the Fiend losing after getting set on fire.

Fire is the Fiends weakness. It's where all of his torment comes from. Randy burnt sister Abigail to a crisp

Last edited:

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Randy Orton in recent tears has been well known to be a chill dude wanting to help people out. He isn't going to try and dictate things back stage. He is Randy Orton he don'tcare about wins and losses. The last 5 years he has done nothing but try and put people over. We can only go off by character statement of his peers and no one currently had a bad word to say about him. Go back to the roster 10 to 15 years ago then you would have a different answer.

But yh I've already explained in this thread that this is a story where it is required for the Fiend to get beat so that he can rise from the ashes and get his ultimate revenge. Dont see the problem in Orton winning at all. I can see why you would not like the booking of the match that's fair but I would say the majority of people do not have a problem with the Fiend losing after getting set on fire.

Fire is the Fiends weakness. It's where all of his torment comes from. Randy burnt sister Abigail to a crisp
I’m not saying randy isn’t willing to put over talent or anything like that. Rather, he’s also the kind of guy that if he’s not engaged in something he feels is worth his time, he doesn’t try or give a shit. And it’s noted he did get his win over bray and rumble because he took that beating by Brock. At the end of the day, based on his whiny track record and such, I could see him doing it. Granted, it was most likely Vince.

You didn’t read my post either it seems. It’s more about how he won, not that he won. Also, Orton doesn’t get hurt by a loss to the fiend either so it goes both ways.

Yeah, it’s his weakness so much that he could literally control it in the match.... makes sense lol. Then merely gets his coat on fire and runs around just fine and gets planted with an RKO so that orton can stand there for 2 mins and grin and get all crazy stupid and catch him on fire. It’s dumb. The way it happened and how easily it actually happened, was dumb. You book a monster character who’s been unstoppable for like a year and a half and what kills him? His jacket on fire and 1 RKO. Mind you, he’s taken about 10 curb stomps back to back and didn’t flinch. It’s inconsistent and stupid.

You can justify the outcome of the match, Randy winning, all you want, and you may even have some points, but the way it happened and how he won: fucking stupid.

Redboy123@

Reaction score

I’m not saying randy isn’t willing to put over talent or anything like that. Rather, he’s also the kind of guy that if he’s not engaged in something he feels is worth his time, he doesn’t try or give a shit. And it’s noted he did get his win over bray and rumble because he took that beating by Brock. At the end of the day, based on his whiny track record and such, I could see him doing it. Granted, it was most likely Vince.

You didn’t read my post either it seems. It’s more about how he won, not that he won. Also, Orton doesn’t get hurt by a loss to the fiend either so it goes both ways.

Yeah, it’s his weakness so much that he could literally control it in the match.... makes sense lol. Then merely gets his coat on fire and runs around just fine and gets planted with an RKO so that orton can stand there for 2 mins and grin and get all crazy stupid and catch him on fire. It’s dumb. The way it happened and how easily it actually happened, was dumb. You book a monster character who’s been unstoppable for like a year and a half and what kills him? His jacket on fire and 1 RKO. Mind you, he’s taken about 10 curb stomps back to back and didn’t flinch. It’s inconsistent and stupid.

You can justify the outcome of the match, Randy winning, all you want, and you may even have some points, but the way it happened and how he won: fucking stupid.
Well yeah it's an inferno match of course it was going to be stupid. I just disagree with it being stupid because of the way bray won. Thank goodness we are not dealing with him kicking out of 57 curb stomps. Refreshing to see a monster heel be stopped in a realistic manner.

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Well yeah it's an inferno match of course it was going to be stupid. I just disagree with it being stupid because of the way bray won. Thank goodness we are not dealing with him kicking out of 57 curb stomps. Refreshing to see a monster heel be stopped in a realistic manner.
After some time to think on it, i do agree with you.

The timing honestly was just horrible on my part, i had not watched in several months, literally. And when i do return, its basicly the same old story, so ofcourse at first it will be annoying to see that happen to the fiend.

But, if they do go the back from the dead route where the fiend returns afetr being burned alive, well then that could be awesome.

But i wouldnt put it past WWE to fuck it up even if they go that route.

Reactions: Redboy123@

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score

The timing honestly was just horrible on my part, i had not watched in several months, literally. And when i do return, its basicly the same old story, so ofcourse at first it will be annoying to see that happen to the fiend.

But, if they do go the back from the dead route where the fiend returns afetr being burned alive, well then that could be awesome.

Pussy

Redboy123@

Reaction score

If I not watched since the Fiend losing to Goldberg, then I would be annoyed if I came back and saw The Fiend literally get buried alive lol

Reactions: InsaneAlphaBeta

PaulDB

Reaction score
I love how the heels keep kicking it. The Fiend and Alexa Bliss are two fine examples of villains. Audacious and sinister, both have shocked crowds as of late, like Brock Lesnar used to back in the ruthless aggression era or Stone Cold back in the dawn of the attitude.

FlandyOrton

Champion
Reaction score
I love coming back to wrestling after several months of absence, only to see that not a damn thing has changed. I love coming back to watching WWE only to have them shove their middle finger in my face and up my ass without my consent.

Hell in a Cell 2019 was a disaster, not only did they kill the match with a DQ ending, but it was the first match the fiend got screwed over in, and i dont mean ascrewy finish, even fi thats true for the cell match. im talking the fiend getting booked horribly and wasted.

Its like Bryan Alvarez said before, the arrogence of this company, they are gonna shit on their fans, because they know they will just keep watching, they can fuck over as much talent as they can, ruin their best superstars, and people are just gonna keep tuneing in every single damn week.

Look at Keith Lee, he is by all accounts absolutely incredible, but what have they done with him since bringign him up to the main roster? wasting him, thats what always happens with the NXT callups, unless your roman reigns or seth rollins, you get fucked over with shitty booking. Brays whole career has been plagued with shitty booking, from them wasting the wyatt family and wasting bray himself. Bray was so damn over and yet they didnt let him win, and as a result of him always losing anything he said meant nothing, you couldnt beleive in him because he always lost...and then, the fiend was born.

The firefly funhous ewas a brilliant idea by bray and it was the best thing on the show, and the fiend was also the best thing in WWE for awhile, his spooky appearnces made for awesome moments, but just like they always do it wouldnt be long before WWE fucked him up. Enter hell in a cell.

this has been talked about to death, ending the match in DQ hurt the fiend a ton, it killed the hell in a cell, and the red lighting was awful, but the fiends downward spiral didnt stop, he then lost to goldberg for literaly no reason, he beat john cena in what really wasnt even a match. and it was around that time i lef.

I had gotten out of my mood for wrestling, i had things to work on and i wasnt in the mood to watch wrestling, not WWE or AEW.

And so i unfolllowed wrestling channels i watched in the past, people on twitter, i completely disconnected from it all, and then as you know sting returned and so did i.

Several months past, youd think in that time things would change? things would get better in WWE? but as i caught up on the news...i realised it only got worse, ordering people not to wear masks, firing talent who they ddint need to fire due to money issues which they dont have becauyse they got 500 million in reserves alone. failing with top NXT talent like keith lee and matt riddle. And now, TLC, the first WWE PPV i decided to watch, mainly for the fiend.

And then, in the main event of the show, the match happened, it was great at first, but just like hell in a cell, it ended in disaster, ortan not only won the match, but he knocked out fiend with a single RKO and then let the fiend on fire, literally killing the fiend.

Nothing... has changed. This company is just as arrogent then as they were now.

Ima leave you all with this clip of Bryan Alvarez talking about this company, and i want you to keep in mind this was from over 1 year ago, and everything he says is still relevent today, and its only gotten worse.

I can't like this enough...

I feel your pain& holy crap somebody else that listens to Bryan. Literally the only fun thing about WWE now is listening to Bryan trash it, it's hilarious... or talking about how ridiculous they are on your own.

It's actually really sad thinking about how much I use to worship these guys as a child. Vince has to go, there's just no way around it. He's killed any legendary moments he's ever created by making his product & wrestling look ridiculous, it all just blends together as a stupid show to people. Any Champions of the past look pointless since the belts are all now pointless.

I just came back to this site to talk about wrestling today because it's a habit but that perfectly describes the only reason WWE has fans left, habit. They sit there & fall asleep every week. It's so bad, like such a ridiculous an embarrassing show to have somebody walk in the room & see you watching it & they're like "what the hell are you watching?"

I grew up on wrestling, started watching in 96 but since 2003 it's been getting worse & worse. At 1st there was some good stuff here & there, the legends were still all there, Angle, Rock Austin.... then there was Evolution, Nexus & some great matches on PPV. They even had a good WM or Rumble here & there but then the "here & there" starting getting further & further apart until it was non existent.

I use to have so much faith as a kid because they brainwashed me. Then I kept coming back because I wanted that feeling back. I really kind of wish I would've just stopped watching in my childhood so I could remember it how it was. It's literally become impossible to watch RAW & SD for me, even when fast forwarding through practically everything & on mute so I don't hear the worst announcing literally in fkng history. I use to love NXT, or UK but I haven't tuned into that forever because nobody watches anymore & anything they build up is killed by Vince. Takeovers are usually great ppvs but I mean, you still can't invest.

I like AEW & want them to succeed because FCK Vince but there's too much comedy & factions. They need to start being more serious & big time feel behind that show.

You're free to talk all things NJPW, AEW, NXT or any other actual wrestling shows with me anytime & then we can just make fun of WWE because they're fkng ridiculous ?

Last edited: