You wanna know what i love?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

InsaneAlphaBeta

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
I love coming back to wrestling after several months of absence, only to see that not a damn thing has changed. I love coming back to watching WWE only to have them shove their middle finger in my face and up my ass without my consent.

Hell in a Cell 2019 was a disaster, not only did they kill the match with a DQ ending, but it was the first match the fiend got screwed over in, and i dont mean ascrewy finish, even fi thats true for the cell match. im talking the fiend getting booked horribly and wasted.

Its like Bryan Alvarez said before, the arrogence of this company, they are gonna shit on their fans, because they know they will just keep watching, they can fuck over as much talent as they can, ruin their best superstars, and people are just gonna keep tuneing in every single damn week.

Look at Keith Lee, he is by all accounts absolutely incredible, but what have they done with him since bringign him up to the main roster? wasting him, thats what always happens with the NXT callups, unless your roman reigns or seth rollins, you get fucked over with shitty booking. Brays whole career has been plagued with shitty booking, from them wasting the wyatt family and wasting bray himself. Bray was so damn over and yet they didnt let him win, and as a result of him always losing anything he said meant nothing, you couldnt beleive in him because he always lost...and then, the fiend was born.

The firefly funhous ewas a brilliant idea by bray and it was the best thing on the show, and the fiend was also the best thing in WWE for awhile, his spooky appearnces made for awesome moments, but just like they always do it wouldnt be long before WWE fucked him up. Enter hell in a cell.

this has been talked about to death, ending the match in DQ hurt the fiend a ton, it killed the hell in a cell, and the red lighting was awful, but the fiends downward spiral didnt stop, he then lost to goldberg for literaly no reason, he beat john cena in what really wasnt even a match. and it was around that time i lef.

I had gotten out of my mood for wrestling, i had things to work on and i wasnt in the mood to watch wrestling, not WWE or AEW.

And so i unfolllowed wrestling channels i watched in the past, people on twitter, i completely disconnected from it all, and then as you know sting returned and so did i.

Several months past, youd think in that time things would change? things would get better in WWE? but as i caught up on the news...i realised it only got worse, ordering people not to wear masks, firing talent who they ddint need to fire due to money issues which they dont have becauyse they got 500 million in reserves alone. failing with top NXT talent like keith lee and matt riddle. And now, TLC, the first WWE PPV i decided to watch, mainly for the fiend.

And then, in the main event of the show, the match happened, it was great at first, but just like hell in a cell, it ended in disaster, ortan not only won the match, but he knocked out fiend with a single RKO and then let the fiend on fire, literally killing the fiend.

Nothing... has changed. This company is just as arrogent then as they were now.

Ima leave you all with this clip of Bryan Alvarez talking about this company, and i want you to keep in mind this was from over 1 year ago, and everything he says is still relevent today, and its only gotten worse.

Reactions: PaulDB and Doxo

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
You gotta remember where we are in this generational period. We're getting further in time so this era we're in is only going to get much worse but wwe will continue to stand by what they do and they won't change for anybody not even for you or me. I've come a custom to just enjoying what it is rather then what it should be. I know you want change but sooner or later things will advance yet they have no reason to force change because nothing gives them that ideal of change is needed. Remember that when wcw and ecw were out of the running wwe had no fear after they went down and aew doesn't give them that fear either so you're looking at climbing an endless ladder where falling is endless and you see no ground for miles on end and so that's how it will be over the next decade and years to come, they won't change just got to hope for the best.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
After the outcome of the fiend losing and the way he did, and he’s randomly “knocked out” by a single RKO, I canceled my subscription. Utter fucking insanity that orton has not only “won” the match, but caught him on fire after only having to RKO him once. The fiend has never been put down like this and this is how it happens!????

Fuck you WWE.

Reactions: FlandyOrton

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
After the outcome of the fiend losing and the way he did, and he’s randomly “knocked out” by a single RKO, I canceled my subscription. Utter fucking insanity that orton has not only “won” the match, but caught him on fire after only having to RKO him once. The fiend has never been put down like this and this is how it happens!????

Fuck you WWE.

It's never gonna change, no matter how you feel. Remember the wwe doesn't shift because you want them too, they will do as they please and continue on the railroad without you on board i just try to enjoy what's there even if it's burnt to a crisp because someday that moment will be very little on the moment list and when people complained there will be something else they complain about. Basically what i am saying here is no matter how bad the product is there is no sense in getting all rowdy over what happens just enjoy the ride cause once the ride ends it's over and you can't go back cause something else will be above it and below.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
It's never gonna change, no matter how you feel. Remember the wwe doesn't shift because you want them too, they will do as they please and continue on the railroad without you on board i just try to enjoy what's there even if it's burnt to a crisp because someday that moment will be very little on the moment list and when people complained there will be something else they complain about. Basically what i am saying here is no matter how bad the product is there is no sense in getting all rowdy over what happens just enjoy the ride cause once the ride ends it's over and you can't go back cause something else will be above it and below.
I disagree with not getting rowdy over it. If enough people are canceling the WWE network, I have a feeling Vince and others will respond if it hits their bottom line, pocketbooks. The problem with fans is exactly what you said: they don’t get rowdy enough and nothing happens. If fans actually started cancelling in droves, WWE would listen, because their stock would drop. Instead, people have the mentality of “it won’t change;” well, that’s true if you don’t give them a reason to change.

BeardsOfWarjStylesXL

The Showoff
Reaction score
Website
wcwguy.wix.com
I disagree with not getting rowdy over it. If enough people are canceling the WWE network, I have a feeling Vince and others will respond if it hits their bottom line, pocketbooks. The problem with fans is exactly what you said: they don’t get rowdy enough and nothing happens. If fans actually started cancelling in droves, WWE would listen, because their stock would drop. Instead, people have the mentality of “it won’t change;” well, that’s true if you don’t give them a reason to change.

They have so many resources, so many spots where it won't matter, nothing can sop the powerhouse they have from what they do. I see where your'e going with this though. People have wanted "change" for a long while and nothing has, it still won't.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Sorry but what is wrong with Orton winning? The Fiend is quite literally a horror movie monster. You burn him alive and then he comes alive and gets his revenge. Its basic storytelling. I dont see how you can have a problem with this match. The Fiend is such a force that the only way to end him is to literally be burnt alive.

Fuck you WWE.
He was burning alive.... then got hit by an rko. And he wasnt even knocked out for a long time before he got burnt alive. I dont see the problem. It doesn't make the Fiend look weak or foolish.

The monster gets taken out and everybody thinks he is gone forever then boom he is back. Really basic cliche from the horror genre. I dont see how this buries Bray in anyway if anything but enhances the character

Reactions: Crash

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Sorry but what is wrong with Orton winning? The Fiend is quite literally a horror movie monster. You burn him alive and then he comes alive and gets his revenge. Its basic storytelling. I dont see how you can have a problem with this match. The Fiend is such a force that the only way to end him is to literally be burnt alive.

He was burning alive.... then got hit by an rko. And he wasnt even knocked out for a long time before he got burnt alive. I dont see the problem. It doesn't make the Fiend look weak or foolish.

The monster gets taken out and everybody thinks he is gone forever then boom he is back. Really basic cliche from the horror genre. I dont see how this buries Bray in anyway if anything but enhances the character
He goes from being able to eat literally 15 curb stomps back to back and getting on his feet to getting a little fire on the back of his jacket and getting hit with 1 RKO, and he’s laying literally out cold for about 3 mins while orton fucks around and then catches him on fire. Mind you, while the fiend was on fire, he still ran at orton, but an RKO sealed his fate, just 1 of them, enough to lay him out like that? Bs.

it wasn’t that he lost by getting mildly caught on fire, like orton got lucky, it was the fashion in which orton made him be able to literally be knocked out that pissed me off. If you’ve watched literally any other match with the fiend and then see how this went down, you’d have to think to yourself, “well this is just stupid. How the fuck is he just out cold after we know what he’s capable of. His jacket had a little fire on it and 1 RKO lays him out? That’s the thing that sealed this monsters fate? Lol. Come on.”

Now if orton had literally drove a car into him while on fire and then the fiend gets and up and gets RKO onto the hood and then orton has some time to grab the gas quickly and then is about to set him ablaze, and the fiend still sits up and orton quickly throws the match and then wins, I wouldn’t have minded so much. But an RKO basically does it. Lol.

Plus who’s beaten the fiend now? Goldberg and Orton? Lol. How in the hell does no one see an issue here? If you are gonna have someone beat him, make it count and make sense. Not pointless wins for older veterans who don’t need it. Everything about what’s happened with the fiend for the most part has been awful and this match just proves how stupid WWE really is. Bray is the next taker and they don’t want to treat him that way.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If a man losing a match by getting set on fire and then getting hit by one of the most protected moves in wrestling is bullshit then they have done a terrible job at wrestling in general.

the thing with an inferno match is that it is one of those matches where it is almost better for you if you lose. It's like when mankind got thrown off on top of Hell in a cell. Loads of kids are gonna remember this.

I think it would be a good idea to rectify the Fiend eating a million finishers and no selling all the time. But on this occasion I don't even see it like that. The Fiend got set on fire considerably. Also he may have wanted to play dead. Its supernatural bullshit at the end of the day and that's where the criticism should be if you are not into that sort of stuff. I dont see how this can be a way to make the Fiend look weak. The Fiend didn't even get pinned.

Fire is symbolic for the broken friendship and betrayal that Orton has inflicted on Bray. So it makes sense that he would be taken out by the fire. Ashes to ashes dust to dust.

Terrible booking to have him lose to Goldberg but I dont see how its comparable to Orton winning. Orton setting The Fiend on fire in a inferno match was less 'wow the Fiend has lost a match' and more 'oh no the Fiend is coming back even stronger and this feud is continuing'.

I 100 percent agree that wwe are terrible at booking the Fiend. But on this occasion I compare this to the many times Undertaker has been killed off by some heel only for him to return stronger and kick some ass.

Reactions: Crash

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
If a man losing a match by getting set on fire and then getting hit by one of the most protected moves in wrestling is bullshit then they have done a terrible job at wrestling in general.

the thing with an inferno match is that it is one of those matches where it is almost better for you if you lose. It's like when mankind got thrown off on top of Hell in a cell. Loads of kids are gonna remember this.

I think it would be a good idea to rectify the Fiend eating a million finishers and no selling all the time. But on this occasion I don't even see it like that. The Fiend got set on fire considerably. Also he may have wanted to play dead. Its supernatural bullshit at the end of the day and that's where the criticism should be if you are not into that sort of stuff. I dont see how this can be a way to make the Fiend look weak. The Fiend didn't even get pinned.

Fire is symbolic for the broken friendship and betrayal that Orton has inflicted on Bray. So it makes sense that he would be taken out by the fire. Ashes to ashes dust to dust.

Terrible booking to have him lose to Goldberg but I dont see how its comparable to Orton winning. Orton setting The Fiend on fire in a inferno match was less 'wow the Fiend has lost a match' and more 'oh no the Fiend is coming back even stronger and this feud is continuing'.

I 100 percent agree that wwe are terrible at booking the Fiend. But on this occasion I compare this to the many times Undertaker has been killed off by some heel only for him to return stronger and kick some ass.
Well, WWE has a done a terrible job in wresting. But that’s maybe a little besides the point here? The point is more so that his jacket was on fire and he as still running behind just fine and then ate 1 RKO. That’s it, and he could’ve been pinned, randy stood there for about 2 mins while the fiend laid out and just got caught on fire completely. Stupid. It literally took Seth Rollins his finished about 15 times and weapons and throwing Shit all over him just to keep laying flat for an extended amount of time. He’s only been pinned once and it took 4 spears and a jackhammer, then right after he got to his feet. Right away. Considering all that, yeah, it’s dumb.

Yeah, as far remembering the match, I’m sure people will. But, my point is that it should’ve taken more than what it did to get to that point. That’s all. You’re talking about a monster who’s literally unstoppable and his jacket being on fire and an RKO stops him. Lol, to the point where he could’ve been pinned or randy could literally do whatever to him, like idk, catch him on fire.

Idk, maybe you’re reading into this “story” a lot more than me, but for one thing, having Randy do this and take it this far, is stupid. It’s like when Brock snapped the streak. I get not as monumental, but it’ll not be forgotten that randy lame ass orton is the one out of all of them who sent the fiend to hell. Lol. Come on.

Now, if WWE handles it like you’re saying and he comes back stronger and better, perhaps it’ll makeup for them stupid behavior of letting the fiend just get easily burned alive.

Well it would be comparable to the undertaker being buried alive I guess. Not just beaten, rather completely destroyed and “killed.” It can happen, but very seldom. I meant comparing him to taker in the sense that as far as his booking and matches, Bray should be at that level, and thus far, he’s very all over the place at times, and now the result is we see him get burned alive by none other than randy orton.

Like I get what you’re saying, and we can agree to disagree, but I just think this was a piss poor decision overall. The handling of it thus far and how easily it happened. Granted, they can try to come back from this and put a cool spin on it, just like they did with his Goldberg loss, but overall, just stupid if you ask me.

Crash

Reaction score
I do think this booking is a bit too cartoonish and cringy, but it is not as bad as some people say it is.

Reactions: Redboy123@

Redboy123@

Reaction score
Well, WWE has a done a terrible job in wresting. But that’s maybe a little besides the point here? The point is more so that his jacket was on fire and he as still running behind just fine and then ate 1 RKO. That’s it, and he could’ve been pinned, randy stood there for about 2 mins while the fiend laid out and just got caught on fire completely. Stupid. It literally took Seth Rollins his finished about 15 times and weapons and throwing Shit all over him just to keep laying flat for an extended amount of time. He’s only been pinned once and it took 4 spears and a jackhammer, then right after he got to his feet. Right away. Considering all that, yeah, it’s dumb.
He didn't get pinned tho bud. Bray wyatt is a supernatural character. Fuck knows how he reacts to fire. I'm not sure him wearing a leather jacket would prevent the logic of him being in pain. This is wrestling. We have to suspend our disbelief. If you aren't buying it because of a leather jacket then you really aren't playing along. How do you feel about irish whips?

Now, if WWE handles it like you’re saying and he comes back stronger and better, perhaps it’ll makeup for them stupid behavior of letting the fiend just get easily burned alive.
Almost certainly that's the story they are telling. Alexa literally said it on this weeks Raw. Whether he will come back better is dependent on the booking. So he probably still be a deeply flawed character unfortunately. Its unlikely that they will ever do Bray justice creatively. Bit in just judging this match in isolation and I totally get what they were trying to do.

Also I'm speaking broadly here but Randy orton isn't lame. He has had one of the best years you could have in wwe during a pandemic. So fair play to him. But I get that maybe a younger star should beat Fiend but who the fuck is counting this as a big L for Bray? It's a inferno match. It's always better to lose a inferno match and there is no shame in losing one. Bray will absolutely benefit from this loss that isn't really a loss.

Well it would be comparable to the undertaker being buried alive I guess. Not just beaten, rather completely destroyed and “killed.” It can happen, but very seldom. I meant comparing him to taker in the sense that as far as his booking and matches, Bray should be at that level, and thus far, he’s very all over the place at times, and now the result is we see him get burned alive by none other than randy orton.
Getting destroyed by a heel and coming back to life is Undertaker booking 101. So atleast bray has that going for him. Undertaker got burnt by Orton as well lol.

But yh Fiend will be back and that fact that he has to literally be burnt alive to temporarily get rid of him makes him seem like a legit movie monster.

Maybe they should of given more moves to the Fiend before he is played out but I would of said that would be convoluted. Bray kicking out of 15 curbs stomps I HATE. So maybe I'm just happy The Fiend is has been played out appropriately. The Fiend getting set on fire and rkoed is very good for me. That is a suitable way for a monster heel to get put down. So I guess I just really hate him kicking out of loads of moves. less is more. So maybe this is just the result if previous bad booking.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
tbh i'm okay with randy winning? it wasn't a bad booking decision, plus Fiend isn't hurt by this loss. I feel like HIAC 2019 hurt him more than this. If anything, this makes him look stronger when he comes back. (assuming he's taking time off cause Jojo is pregnant again? I might be wrong.)

Irwin R. Schyster

The Showoff
Reaction score
People keep tuning in because we just damn well hope they finally improve the product, plus, we just love wrestling. I agree, it's always the same, except I never stopped watching it, but, if I did, I know I wouldn't be missing out on anything important. Vince needs to hand over the reigns already.

Also, I know people bring the 'listen to what the fans want' argument sometimes, and, well.....they did give people what they wanted at times and people still complained, it's just the nature of things, wrestling fans are hard to please, there will always be something the fanbase will complain about.