You Reap What You Sow

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Yes, it's Vince's fault. Completely. How dare he shock the fans with something they had never seen before and would never see coming. But I hope you all know, it doesnt end there.

For you see, if you ask anyone in the WWE, they will tell you Eddie and Vince had a close relationship. Is it a coincidence that a swaggering middle aged man was seen coming from Eddies room just hours before his body was discovered?

How about the supposed "accidental" death of Owen Hart. Everyone knows Vince was pissed for what Bret did to him. What better way to get back at him then by taking away someone whom Bret loved.

BACK EVEN FURTHER in time we have a scene. Its a warm day in Texas. People are lining up to see a man of great charisma and power. As he comes down the street from a grassy area a few hundred feet away could be heard the sounds "Git, git, git, git." No one knew what it was until a few weeks ago. We now know who killed JFK. IT WAS VINCE MCMAHON!!

LOL

some ideas are just plain stupid and anyone who even thinks about blaming Vince for this is just as stupid....this storyline that was killed could have definetly been the greatest one ever and my gut tells me that it would have been.....too bad....for those that hated it....you would have kept shitting on the WWE for not doing anything crazy anything unexpected....anythhing like the attitude era....stop whinning

Rell

Reaction score
I don't think he is trying to say its Vince's fault that this happened because that would make no sense at all, I believe he is just trying to point out the irony in what has taken place. I agree with him to a certain extent, it is quite sad that it took someone dying for McMahon to scrape the angle. I'm not one of those politically correct guys, the storyline was for shock value and was bringing life to WWE and I was all for it however, I believe death is very serious and shouldn't be made into a mockery but thats just the way I feel, I have no harsh feelings for McMahon or the WWE writers, how could they have predicted this? Its impossible...

I actually feel bad for Vince McMahon, how do you think he feels right now? I hope Vince the best.

RIP Benoit & his family

Captive8

Reaction score
Yeah it's funny that everyone bashes me, but what did I expect? I mean this comes from the same people who dont realize that actions have reactions. These are the same people who dont realize that what you do in your life, will come back on you. There is consequences for you're decisions. Like Hell Rell said above, I didnt mean that Vince literally had something to do with it. I was talking about irony and you do reap what you sow. It was said that Vince was playing up this death storyline to get bad publicity so he could get attention. What happens? Vince gets a real death and bad publicity, aint it something? Isnt it something that Vince McMahon is going to completely throw Chris Benoit under the bus and act now as if he didnt exist? Already wwe.com has taken down the tributes, the testimonals, his merchandise. Yeah, what Chris did was terrible, but we are going to forget his legacy in wrestling now? All the years that he bled and sweated for the business is just void? Come on. And no one was offended by the ten bell salutes and testimonals for Vince McMahon? I am sorry if I find nothing amusing in mimicking the real life events of Eddie Guerrero and Owen Hart and I have enough respect and love for them as wrestlers to say something about it. You guys need to grow up and get into touch with reality. Vince is a guy who cares about little except the mighty dollar. It says in the Bible, the love of money is the root of all evil. Amen.

reaction

Reaction score
Vince did very well in what he said he explained everything clearly he told us what he was going to do and he was very thoughtful in what he said he was clearly upset about it all i could tell that due to the tone of his voice and just looking at him he was clearly upset and would only hope now that we all find out why Chris did what he did, R.I.P Chris Benoit

the dark knight

i am not going to read this crap.

Vince did the best thing to the WWE by this move. It had potential to be the best angle in the WWE since....years! i agree that he took it a bit too far and too serious but, he's right.

I am very sad and disappointed that they canceled the angle just because benoit murdered his family then killed himself. if you want to blame vince on something, blame him for putting down the angle.

Great One

I agree with one thing, if they are really erasing Benoit's name from history and the DVDs, I think that is fucking STUPID and complete bullshit if it's true I've lost A LOT of respect for the WWE.

3lions

Reaction score
Okay, let my join in with this 'discussion.'

I am pissed that the Vince 'death' angle has been scrapped, as it was the first storyline in ages that i was actually into and had the potential to be the single biggest storyline that WWE have ever scripted. It had everyone talking (about potential directions of the angle) and was the first time in years that i was truly shocked at something WWE had done.

However, WWE had no choice but to scrap the storyline, due to Benoit's 'tragic' death (and I use that term loosely).

As for blaming Vince for any of this. That is pathetic. The 'storyline' that Vince had 'scripted' had nothing to do with wrestler's that had died and was purely to do with his 'character.' To try and form some form of link between the 'death' of Mr. McMahon and Chris Benoit is pathetic. I guess you will say that Benoit killed himself and his family because of the storyline!

As for The Great One saying that he has lost respect for WWE, after they removed his name from their site, etc. I have to disagree. When they first found out he was dead, they paid tribute to the wrestler and the man, canceling their usual show to honour him. But after discovering he is a cold and callous murderer, who took three lives over the weekend, I applaud them for hanging him out to dry. How can you sit there and rag on WWE for not standing by a murderer? Jesus Christ! He won't be erased from their history, but they refuse to continue to make money off the name of a cold hearted murderer. Look at the bigger picture.

Mr. Mat

^i agree you cant blame vince for what happend but that angle was getting lame

Captive8

Reaction score
I cant believe that

1.People wanted this corney, lame, disgusting, pathetic, time consuming storyline to go on. When I've heard that Linda was going to be falsely arrested and Vince was supposed to come back eventually and say that he had to die in order to get some respect.

2. It's funny that 3 Lions can sit there and blaspheme Jesus's name while placing it next to a murderer. Then 3 Lions can go on and say that the WWE hung Benoit out to dry because he is a murderer. You know why they hung him out to dry? Because he is dead and Vince has no use for him and is not going to make any money off this storyline and it could bring a backlash he doesnt want and he cant handle it. Thats the truth. It's cool for Vince to run a storyline about his death in order to get people offended and angry in an effort to pull ratings. But now one of his own employees is dead and is found out to be a murderer and he could potentially be hurt by that. So he completely is going to act as if Benoit didnt just exist a few days ago. Vince is trying to erase Benoit from the memory books and forget everything he contributed to wrestling. This is unbelivible.

J

I2. It's funny that 3 Lions can sit there and blaspheme Jesus's name while placing it next to a murderer. Then 3 Lions can go on and say that the WWE hung Benoit out to dry because he is a murderer. You know why they hung him out to dry? Because he is dead and Vince has no use for him and is not going to make any money off this storyline and it could bring a backlash he doesnt want and he cant handle it. Thats the truth. It's cool for Vince to run a storyline about his death in order to get people offended and angry in an effort to pull ratings. But now one of his own employees is dead and is found out to be a murderer and he could potentially be hurt by that. So he completely is going to act as if Benoit didnt just exist a few days ago. Vince is trying to erase Benoit from the memory books and forget everything he contributed to wrestling. This is unbelivible.

That is straight up bull shit...You title says its...YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW...or whateva...So lets see...Benoit made the choice to kill his wife and 7 years old son...and thats is the reason he is being hung to dry...and he deserves it...he is a scum bag in my eyes now...So how can you blame Vince...

3lions

Reaction score
Captive8, I don't care about 'blasphemy.' I'm a Catholic, but don't particularly care for the Religion. Religion means nothing to me.

As for what you said, there is a huge difference between highlighting a TV STORYLINE and refusing to condone a REAL LIFE MURDER.

For somebody who is clearly as Religious as you, how can you sit there and disregard Benoit's cold and calculating, murder of his Wife and Son? Also, suicide isn't exactly glorified in the Bible is it?

Reaction score
Australia... and no, I do not ride around on a Kan
I hate how people are saying the Vince Mcmahon death storyline is mocking deaths, HOW IS IT MOCKING DEATHS? That is just like saying when people die in normal films it is mocking the deaths of celebrities who died, gosh some people on the net are ignorant and don't think lol, WWE is no different to a soap or film and should be treated no different to a soap or film, why must people be so overly sensitive?

ABout the thing about Chris Benoits names being cleared from history and DVDs, I don't think it is stupid or disrecpecful, yes he was a great technical wrestler, but why would people want to see a murderer on the DVDs they buy? The WWE don't want to have anything to do with a guy who murdered his family no matter how great of a wrestler he was.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Jesus Christ walks into a hotel, and hands the innkeeper three nails and says; "Can you put me up for the night?"

Just for you C8

Rell

Reaction score
I hate how people are saying the Vince Mcmahon death storyline is mocking deaths, HOW IS IT MOCKING DEATHS? That is just like saying when people die in normal films it is mocking the deaths of celebrities who died, gosh some people on the net are ignorant and don't think lol, WWE is no different to a soap or film and should be treated no different to a soap or film, why must people be so overly sensitive?

ABout the thing about Chris Benoits names being cleared from history and DVDs, I don't think it is stupid or disrecpecful, yes he was a great technical wrestler, but why would people want to see a murderer on the DVDs they buy? The WWE don't want to have anything to do with a guy who murdered his family no matter how great of a wrestler he was.

I completely agree with you, but I just want to point one thing out....Films or movies (whatever you want to call them) are much different than professional wrestling. There is a lot of people out there who believe wrestling is real, everyone knows movies are scripted. My cousin was actually very sad because he thought Vince McMahon was dead, I had to explain to him that it was just a story for entertainment, and Vince was very much alive....Some people are putting Chris Benoit on a pedestal because of all his accomplishments, but we must remember, Chris Benoit was human just as we are, some of you should think about that before you basically glorify him. I'm not saying its right or wrong for WWE to basically make Benoit seem like he never existed because my opinion really means nothing, and isn't going to change anything. All I'm saying is great wrestler or not, that doesn't change the fact that Benoit murdered his wife, as well as his kid. It seems some of you are so stuck on the fact that Benoit's accomplishments in WWE are going unnoticed, you have completely forgot about the bigger picture...A guy, his son, and his wife are now dead.

Defiant One

Reaction score
Very well said Rell. I've said this alot lately but its still true, WWE would be damned either way. If they still mention Benoit and his past accomplishments then they're "glorifying" a murderer and if they disregard everything he has done then they are heartless bastards who hung Benoit out to dry. Most everyone on this forum is a "real" wrestling fan and whether Benoit is mentioned or not its not like any of us wont remember his past matches, so we're not really affected to be honest.