News Yet another top name leaves TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
He does seem a bit arrogant. If he can't seem be respectful of his bosses then he ought to stay home. Not showing up for an event also effects the performers he's working with that night. I'm confused why he was given such an on-screen position if he could whenever he chooses.

Because it's TNA... home of bad decisions.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Aight, that does it for me. Does anyone here know another company with half-decent production values that is not named lucha underground? Fml

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Aight, that does it for me. Does anyone here know another company with half-decent production values that is not named lucha underground? Fml
ROH, New Japan, Dragon Gate Japan, which does a bunch of wacky stuff, but unlike TNA actually intends to. I'm looking at you loser has his hair permed match!

Zany Clowny

AvrilWasRight,EverythingIsSoComplicated
Reaction score
Well, that's your prerogative but you know this is 2015 and not 1997 when his schtick was cool, right?
This is pants on head Blue. Bully Ray and Bubba Ray of yesteryear aren't the same person. He'd be great in the WWE in 2015.

Stopspot

Reaction score
This is pants on head Blue. Bully Ray and Bubba Ray of yesteryear aren't the same person. He'd be great in the WWE in 2015.
He'd be god damn awful since that is what he is. Awful.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
If TNA have wrapped up the gimmick and will put some videos in their next shows to explain it, I don't mind. It's a shame that they can't have Bully put over some more wrestlers (like Eli Drake) but Bully's been fucking around with TNA for ages now, since he failed to get a Bullet Club challenge going after Bound for Glory 2014.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Bully Ray started fucking with TNA the moment he got a main event push.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
TBF Bully Ray's main event push was really well done and he always had good matches, even with the A&8's days. But IMO, them having Chris Sabin's 2 week long reign and Magnus (who I believe had just beaten Sting) not ending A&8s screwed up the picture.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Bully Ray's main event push was bad. He is not suited to be a main event player. I don't want to sound like I am burying the guy but outside of his promos and gimmick matches he was nothing special.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Honestly, I disagree. I thought his main event push was one of the best parts about 2013, I'd say the real bad thing was the rest of the A&8s. Bully's reveal in the steel cage was well done and Taz's reveal was quite cool but they added a bunch of people who really didn't belong in the group (aside from Anderson but he left) and sucked, and created no real new stars. The lack of kids such as Sam Shaw, Jay Bradley, Matt Morgan, Joey Ryan and Gunner in the group or opposing it, along with no real awesome signings (Tito Ortiz was the "biggest" and yet he didn't even wrestle a single match) kinda killed it for me and the new Main Event Mafia was pointless, especially as Sting was complaining that nobody in the roster helped him but brought a couple of the members in to help him.

Ray was the most legit thing about A&8s for me and his main event push produced some great moments.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I mean, Bully Ray as an enhancement talent wouldn't be bad. (Similar role as Rhyno)

I'll See Ya Kia

Beautiful Palm Trees.
Reaction score
Bully Ray's main event push was bad. He is not suited to be a main event player. I don't want to sound like I am burying the guy but outside of his promos and gimmick matches he was nothing special.
I must not have been watching much during this time but have seen much of it since. He had a very big attitude about himself, something totally different from what WWE likes to do. I'm not a fan of Bully Ray but I can see many many people really enjoying what he did and said on screen.