News Yet another top name leaves TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Bully Ray was the ONLY thing good going on in the main event for quite a while. The Ace's and 8s deal was played out, but he was consistently doing great work IMO. I wouldn't push him for now, they should really have younger talent on the top and him putting talent over in the midcard.

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
New Japan, which does a highlights package show on AXS on Friday nights in the U.S. and Ring of Honor on Destination America on Wednesdays.

wk

ROH, New Japan, Dragon Gate Japan, which does a bunch of wacky stuff, but unlike TNA actually intends to. I'm looking at you loser has his hair permed match!

Is there anything to help me work through the language barrier with new japan and such? I mean, the production look great, but I'm not one to feel involved in a match with no context.

As for ROH, I think I will give it another shot, since it seems to be my only choice these days.

Raine

The Artiste
Reaction score
I am not a fan of Bully Ray while on TNA, but watching some of his videos when he teamed with Devon as Bubba Ray(Buh Buh Ray Dudley) as the Dudley Boyz was just classic stuff. I am not sure if Devon fully retired or what he is doing now, but if they could get Bubba Ray & Devon Back I would enjoy that. I don't think they could fully bring back what they brought to tag team wrestling back in the day but I still would love to see several wrestlers go through a table once in awhile.

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
Is there anything to help me work through the language barrier with new japan and such? I mean, the production look great, but I'm not one to feel involved in a match with no context.

As for ROH, I think I will give it another shot, since it seems to be my only choice these days.

The NJPW show on AXS in the U.S. (it's on Friday nights in prime time) has English commentary (I don't know where you are and I also know we have an international crowd here).

I haven't seen where you can find PPV's or anything with English commentary except for January's Wrestle Kingdom 9, which was Jim Ross and Matt Striker. Other than that, I haven't found English commentary on their PPV's.

wk

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
How has TNA been recently anyway?
EC3 is champion and cuts the best promos in the company. His in-ring work has been fine too, his matches with Angle were good and recently had a match with Galloway which was also good IMO. The Wolves are tag team champions and recently had a great Best of 5 series with The Dirty Heels (Roode and Aries) but since then, they've not done much. The X-Division is decent, we have Tigre Uno (even if he botches the Phoenix Splash almost every time), guys like Manik, Spud, Mandrews and of course, Grado (why TNA pushes him harder than Mandrews... I don't know). The King of the Mountain stuff looks like it will set up an invasion by Global Force Wrestling, so there's that.

All in all, the weekly shows are usually decent. They have been all year, some have been great (the one with EC3 vs Spud, Angle vs Lashley ect.) and some (last week, I think) have been average. They usually build up to a few good matches a month - they've been doing a good job of building up midcard feuds but of course, the X-Division lately has just been multi-man matches and little story which is disappointing.

Mrs. RKO

Jobber
Reaction score
Bully Ray/Bubba Ray surely knows what he is doing in the ring. He has been doing it for quite some time now and has excited many fans with his inside the ring talent for many of those years. Bully/Bubba also has a huge attitude/ego problem that has left the companies he has worked for have a bad taste in there mouth about him, the most recent TNA. Would he be great for developing new talent, sure he knows his way around a ring. At what expense to the WWE company is the bigger question. It would be a risk for the WWE to hire him back in anyway at this point.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
Well, that's your prerogative but you know this is 2015 and not 1997 when his schtick was cool, right?
Eh? Wasn't he regarded as one of the best heels in North America a few years ago? He can work a crowd incredibly well, his in ring work isn't great but he's very talented at getting the best of what he has.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Okay, having read the tapings, TNA seem to have done a good job of explaining Bully's departure.