Xbox One

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Just got it this morning and its doing good right now. Having to install every game before playing is annoying as hell. Took us like an hour before we were able to play COD Ghost, and like 4 hours before we could play Killer Instinct. The Kinect is a waste of money and I'm not going to use it. The voice commands hardly ever work anyways. The layout isn't very user friendly for people not use to Windows.

The pros are that the controller is AWESOME. Feels like an extension of your hand and like it was made specially for it. Nice, new design. Graphics are superb. Only played COD Ghost right now, but I'll play Ryse, Madden, and NBA a little later and see how that plays out.
Glad to see you went with the one and as someone who picked it up at launch, I think you will be happy in the long run. It's a superb service especially as an all-in-one entertainment system. Got some good exclusives coming up with a big one in March in Titanfall.

Agree with the installs being a pain in the ass combined with most having day one updates you gotta d/l to but I guess that's the way it's gotta be with next gen on both platforms. Didn't PS3 already have mandatory installs? Not sure as I was a 360 player.

Don't agree on kinect being a waste of money as I think it's a great feature to have with all the integration on the system from voice commands to auto sign-in when it recognizes you through the camera. The voice commands seem to work fine for me nearly all the time as long as my voice is clear and loud enough to be picked up by it. Heck, I even seen a video a week or two ago from a South African who had to have his console imported from overseas and has to use USA as the settings for voice commands put on a shoddy American accent and the commands worked 9 times out of 10.

Layout definitely takes a little time getting used to and I hate how some things are behind a certain tile and I dislike the way party chat and achievements work compared to the simplicity of the 360 but I'm sure it will be improved over time and MS said they're reading and discussing all this stuff in meetings as it's one of the major dislikes from most players.

Yeah, initially didn't like how the bumpers worked on the controller as it wasn't very easy to press at the top and I didn't like that as when I was say, playing BF4 and quickly had to rush when I wanted to throw a grenade in an intense situation, it would be a pain in the ass as MS had now designed them to be clicked at the back of the bumper so you don't have to move your finger(s) much whilst it is resting on the trigger. But it's fine now. Most things simply take time.

Weez

Reaction score
Yeah, I was a Day One guy myself and I h
Glad to see you went with the one and as someone who picked it up at launch, I think you will be happy in the long run. It's a superb service especially as an all-in-one entertainment system. Got some good exclusives coming up with a big one in March in Titanfall.

Agree with the installs being a pain in the ass combined with most having day one updates you gotta d/l to but I guess that's the way it's gotta be with next gen on both platforms. Didn't PS3 already have mandatory installs? Not sure as I was a 360 player.

Don't agree on kinect being a waste of money as I think it's a great feature to have with all the integration on the system from voice commands to auto sign-in when it recognizes you through the camera. The voice commands seem to work fine for me nearly all the time as long as my voice is clear and loud enough to be picked up by it. Heck, I even seen a video a week or two ago from a South African who had to have his console imported from overseas and has to use USA as the settings for voice commands put on a shoddy American accent and the commands worked 9 times out of 10.

Layout definitely takes a little time getting used to and I hate how some things are behind a certain tile and I dislike the way party chat and achievements work compared to the simplicity of the 360 but I'm sure it will be improved over time and MS said they're reading and discussing all this stuff in meetings as it's one of the major dislikes from most players.

Yeah, initially didn't like how the bumpers worked on the controller as it wasn't very easy to press at the top and I didn't like that as when I was say, playing BF4 and quickly had to rush when I wanted to throw a grenade in an intense situation, it would be a pain in the ass as MS had now designed them to be clicked at the back of the bumper so you don't have to move your finger(s) much whilst it is resting on the trigger. But it's fine now. Most things simply take time.

Yes, I'm a Day One guy as well, and I can't help but agree with you. The bumpers were strange when I first picked the controller up, but over the next week, I acclimated fairly quickly and it feels second nature now. Also, I'm fucking EXCITED that the Kinect is bundled into every console. It opens up a whole new arena for devs to try new and interesting things because EVERYONE has one, so we don't have the same sort of pointless "Kinect Enabled" features we had on the 360 games. Something that can measure your heartrate as you sit there gives some really interesting choices for Survival horror developers and dynamic Jump scares and the like. I'm actually in school for Game and Simulation Programming and I can't WAIT until I can start playing around with this sort of off the wall ideas that the kinect makes possible.

Reactions: Heisenberg

Kassidy

Reaction score
colorware it :)

http://www.colorware.com/p-470-xbox-one.aspx

I am currently Middle manning a twitter talk with the two companies to try and get ColorWare authorized to open and close a Xbox One and we still keep warranty because I want to send in mine for a white and frostbite blue paint job. Few tweets back and forth and getting pointed to the right people, kinda surprised i got responses at all but Microsoft themselves use colorware to do branded Xbox's and are a client so MS knows ColorWare to be trusted so time to push it forward.

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That'd be pretty sweet.

Quad

Reaction score
I don't have the xbox one but whenever I do play it, I can't use the controllers? It's like they made the design to specifically not suit claw users? Does anyone else have this problem?

The-Claw.png

Kassidy

Reaction score
http://news.xbox.com/2014/02/xbox-one-keeps-getting-better

February 11 system updates
'
On February 11, the first update will be delivered to customers who sign into their Xbox One. It features many new improvements – including lots of behind-the-scenes updates for developers building apps and games for Xbox One, several new features we believe Xbox fans will love, stability and product updates to improve the customer experience, and continuous improvements to the quality of Kinect voice so commands become more fluid and responsive over time. While we won’t be going into all of the details of the product updates today, we will be sharing more information soon.
Some of the features you can expect to see on February 11 include:
  • The ability to see and manage your storage space. With this update, you will find it easy to find how much space your content takes up and better manage your content. You can also control your install lineup and more easily manage your download queue. We’ve separated My Games and My Apps into separate lists, so you can easily create separate queues for both. Now you can pick the order in which you want your content to load and we’ve added a boot progress indicator so you can better track updates while they load.
  • The battery power indicator is back! You can see it right on the home screen, so you can easily track how much battery life is left on your controller.
  • And, you will be able to use your USB keyboard with your Xbox One.

These are just a few of the many updates we will be shipping on February 11. We’ll share more details on these and other upcoming features in the coming weeks. We have several surprises in store that we think you’ll love.

March 4 system updates – countdown to “Titanfall” On March 4, in advance of what is expected to be the biggest game launch of the year, we will be delivering another system update to prepare your Xbox One for “Titanfall.” This update will contain many new features and improvements, most significantly to our party and multiplayer systems. Available on March 11, “Titanfall” is a team-based online multiplayer game that showcases the power of Xbox Live, and we will be shipping a new party and multiplayer system that will help make “Titanfall” the must-have game for this generation.