Xbox 720: Blu-ray inside, always-on netcon required

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
870f6ab840.jpg

Xbox 720 has been fully detailed to some third-parties, TheTechGame has learned, and has been slotted in for a Christmas 2013 release. And yes: of course it’ll have a Blu-ray drive. TheTechGame has learned that Microsoft has now detailed Xbox 720 to certain partners and has internally confirmed the machine for a Christmas 2013 release. The next generation Xbox will have a Blu-ray drive, contrary to a recent report.Multiple sources have confirmed this morning that the machine will have two GPUs. One said: “It’s like two PCs taped together.â€

We’re waiting for final confirmation of specs, but the graphics cards are thought to be equivalent to AMD’s 7000 series GPUs, but “not CrossFire or SLIâ€. The GPUs aren’t structured as they are in a normal dual PC set-up, in which the two chips take it in turns to draw lines of the same object: Xbox 720′s graphics units will be able to work independently, drawing separate items simultaneously.

It was reported last week that PlayStation 4, internally codenamed Orbis, will also be powered by AMD hardware.

There will be “four or six†cores to the Xbox 720 CPU, one of which will be reserved for Kinect and one for the OS.

Xbox 720 will require an always-on internet connection as an anti-piracy measure.

We’ve also been told that the next generation of Kinect will be built into the device as standard.

The details have emerged in the wake of a hastily removed tweet from Sean Tracy, a technical designer for Crytek, that said he was attending the “Durango summit†in London at the end of February. Durango is though to be the codename for the console.

Microsoft is not expected to announce anything pertaining to its next machine until next year.

Many developers have been posting job openings for “next-gen†and “future-gen†systems for months.

Lionhead and Bethesda are just two of the latest.

Source: Xbox 720: Blu-ray inside, always-on netcon required | VG247

Awesome, Christmas 2013 and it'll have a bluray player in it. But it has to always be connected to the internet? WTF..

OMR

Reaction score
it will have a bluray drive, good job microsoft on being way behind on that one.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Not believing anything not published by microsoft at this point.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I hate this "always being online" junk. If I wanted online gaming I'd use the computer.

I honestly don't like playing online. And if used games aren't aloud....

Looks like I won't be getting these new consoles if this is all true.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
i question the articles accuracy.no way they go for an always on connection itll fracture the amount of potential customers which=bad business.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
I don't even have a Live account and I would hate to get one just so I can play sports games by myself.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Okay... *deep breath*...

Since when does a fucking video game console HAVE TO BE ONLINE to play games? What is this shit? I understand most of Microsoft's exclusive games and virtually all of it's biggest sellers are online shooters, but this is the same fucking company that was opposed to the idea of game-to-hard drive installation of double-disk games like Mass Effect 2 because they were worried some of their console-owners didn't even own hard drives a couple years ago. Now they assume all of their customers have high-speed internet? Just how much fucking sense does that make?

The anti-piracy measures Microsoft is taking are bold, but unpromising. Couple the online issue with the fact their games probably won't work on different consoles (eliminating the possibility of used-game sales), then you have officially given your potential customers two reasons to buy a PS4 instead.

And big, BIG props to Sony on owning the patent on the Blu Ray codec. Way to fuck your competition in the ass and make money off each and every XBox console sold. I gotta say, I don't have a lot of vision for an XBox 1080 or whatever the fuck it will be called.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Okay... *deep breath*...

Since when does a fucking video game console HAVE TO BE ONLINE to play games? What is this shit? I understand most of Microsoft's exclusive games and virtually all of it's biggest sellers are online shooters, but this is the same fucking company that was opposed to the idea of game-to-hard drive installation of double-disk games like Mass Effect 2 because they were worried some of their console-owners didn't even own hard drives a couple years ago. Now they assume all of their customers have high-speed internet? Just how much fucking sense does that make?

The anti-piracy measures Microsoft is taking are bold, but unpromising. Couple the online issue with the fact their games probably won't work on different consoles (eliminating the possibility of used-game sales), then you have officially given your potential customers two reasons to buy a PS4 instead.

And big, BIG props to Sony on owning the patent on the Blu Ray codec. Way to fuck your competition in the ass and make money off each and every XBox console sold. I gotta say, I don't have a lot of vision for an XBox 1080 or whatever the fuck it will be called.
it dosent matter what they do,within 6 months of release we will be pirating.i aint payin 60 bucks for games.fuck that noise.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Good luck with that chef. If this article is accurate (Which I highly doubt it is), then as soon you pirate a game and their anti-piracy detects it, boom your console is IP Banned and no longer gonna be useful. Why? Cause if it always has to be connected to play, you get banned then you wont be able to play anything period.

Like I said I doubt this is even true, Microsoft knows their gamers better then a always connnected approach. We'll see what Microsoft has to say, cause they're the only ones I'll believe at this point when it comes to ANY details on a new console.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
there will always be a way to pirate.hell right now there isnt even a dvd drive installed on my xbox 360 and im still playin every game for free.who would of imagined that 5 years ago.its become big business for the moders and mod device sellers and our people will always figure out a way to pirate.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
When was this article written? Surely it's an April fools or something, or in part? Online is probably not true, but come one guys it's 2013 and if you aint hooked up to online by then IDK wtf is wrong with you.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
When was this article written? Surely it's an April fools or something, or in part? Online is probably not true, but come one guys it's 2013 and if you aint hooked up to online by then IDK wtf is wrong with you.

Mines online but I don't use gold as I'm not fond of multiplayer.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Believe it or not, some people are still poor these days. I guess Microsoft just doesn't give a shit about them anymore. Maybe they figured poor people pirate more, so it's worth it to do away with these customers.

Personally, living without internet would be pretty difficult for me at this point. Between a LAN line, cable/satellite, and internet, internet is by-far the biggest priority for me. Some people think differently though.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
only thing i hook up to internet is my pc.which i could not live without.