X-Men: Days of Future Past Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Re: XMen Days of Future Past Official Discussion

First Class sequel believe they were all originally signed for three that tends to be the standard anymore.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Last week it was confirmed that actor Hugh Jackman is in talks to reprise his role as Wolverine in Bryan Singer's upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past. Today, Access Hollywood spoke to the actor about his possible reprisal and he seemed hopeful about it. You can check it out in the player below.

Jackman would join a cast that has been confirmed to include James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult, Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart.

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past boasts a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

In addition to playing a key role in the comic book version of the story, Wolverine has appeared in every live-action X-Men film to date and will star in his second solo adventure with the July 26 release The Wolverine.

If I were to bet on this I'd not bet against him appearing. It's just a matter of how much and his participation is probably the biggest key to tying the entire universe together.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

I don't think he'll take long to get on. He always seemed to enjoy working on X-Men, and honestly, I can't see anyone else playing Wolverine.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

First Class sequel? I didn't even enjoy the movie but I guess we got to have more X-Men movies. I bet my Brother will try to make me watch this when FX gets rights for it. FX has the worst taste in movies and so does my Brother when it comes to Action movies. I swear he wasted an entire month of his life watching Hollywood Homicide.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

It's all a matter if opinion, I found First Class really enjoyable.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
[video=youtube;pK2zYHWDZKo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2zYHWDZKo[/video]

First official trailer is up, and I couldn't be happier about what I have seen. The time traveling Bishop, The badass Native Warpath(I wonder if he will meet his dead brother Thunderbird in the past), and an Age of Apocalypse Blink. Now just to hope they find a way of introducing David Haller into the stories, as well as Forge, Polaris, and Cable who could very well all be in the X-Force movie(whose villain should be En Sabah Nur: The Apocalypse), and its an easy jump into Legion Quest, which creates the Age of Apocalypse(does Fox still own Daredevil? as Keeper Murdoch is an important role, and they could always bring in Ben & Sue from Fantastic Four).

*Didn't notice Da Costa/Sunspot* One of Gambit's X-Ternals

Last edited:

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
That looks really promising.

Only problem I have with it is Wolverine being the one to go back in time, they should have sticked to the comic book and have Kitty Pryde do that. I'm not one of those "It should be exactly like the comics!!" people, but Jackman's been the centre of attention for pretty much every X-Men film, it would have been cool to see someone else step in. Especially since Pryde is played by Ellen Page, would I rate highly.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Ellen Page is boring. Hugh Jackman is awesome! Ordinary fans are greater in numbers than comic book fans. Simple.

This looks really good though.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Honestly, as much as I want the movies to follow the comics a bit more, I also understand that I probably couldn't sit through a movie that is word for word taken straight from the comics. And yes, I understand I am over-hyping a potential storyline with all my Age of Apocalypse talk, but in actuality it is only the potential for what they could do that has me excited, it would never be a let down if it doesn't happen, since Fox wants to make their movie universe more intertwined. AoA allows the use of Spider-Man(Gwen Stacy & Mae Riley), Daredevil(Keeper Murdoch), & Fantastic Four(Sue Storm, Ben Grimm, & Victor Von Doom), all properties are owned by Fox and with the right writer on board Tony Stark & Donald Blake(Iron Man & Thor) could easily be replaced by giving Doom a larger role in the Human resistance, and bringing in William Stryker(of X-2 fame) as Prophet. After seeing the newest trailer only a handful of important characters needed for the storyline to happen await introduction, Gabrielle & David Haller being the most important, with Nathan Summers and En-Sabah-Nur being the only 2 others that would be required. Sinister, Shadow King, Morph, Wild Child, and Illyanna Rasputin could all be introduced in the story, and including Sugar-Man(Illyanna & Mae Riley's captor) could even lead to introducing Morlocks into the other movies, as well as creating a cast for Generation-X.

Rated R, if you think Ellen Page is boring, I would recommend Super. The best role I have ever seen her in.

Reaction score
I still think they should do Uncanny X-Force movie with Wolverine, a Proper Deadpool, Psylocke, Fanthomax and Angel.

Though this doesn't look too bad, there's been a bad history with X-Men movies but this looks fun.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I still think they should do Uncanny X-Force movie with Wolverine, a Proper Deadpool, Psylocke, Fanthomax and Angel.

Though this doesn't look too bad, there's been a bad history with X-Men movies but this looks fun.

I would love that, but I honestly feel that if Fox goes ahead with the X-Force movie then Cable should be the main character, with Domino & Forge for sure, and bring in Warpath & Wolverine to tie the movies together. There is always room for characters like Psylock, Angel, Wolfsbane, or even X-23. I have been reading the Yost, Craig, & Crain run of X-Force in the Hope Trilogy(Messiah Complex/Messiah War/Second Coming), and the team in that is more serious than Remender(and the art of Clayton Crain is unparalleled), which I feel would make a more compelling story.

Also, my issue with Deadpool in the Fox universe, is that because Thor & Loki are characters Disney has the rights to, then Deadpool can not break the fourth wall, taking away half of his character right there.

Reaction score
I would love that, but I honestly feel that if Fox goes ahead with the X-Force movie then Cable should be the main character, with Domino & Forge for sure, and bring in Warpath & Wolverine to tie the movies together. There is always room for characters like Psylock, Angel, Wolfsbane, or even X-23. I have been reading the Yost, Craig, & Crain run of X-Force in the Hope Trilogy(Messiah Complex/Messiah War/Second Coming), and the team in that is more serious than Remender(and the art of Clayton Crain is unparalleled), which I feel would make a more compelling story.

Also, my issue with Deadpool in the Fox universe, is that because Thor & Loki are characters Disney has the rights to, then Deadpool can not break the fourth wall, taking away half of his character right there.

Could always go with MarvelMAX Deadpool to be honest, just completely insane but doesn't break the fourth wall as much.

As for the other's, I'm not sure about Cable being the lead characters, I always find him a struggle to read in comic book form; only Cable & Deadpool is the only Cable comic I've managed to buy more than the first collected of; the characters make up for it if they did go with the X-Force movie.