X-Men: Days of Future Past Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
[video]http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/08/01/x-men-first-class-sequel-bryan-singer-confirms-days-of-future-past[/video]

Rumored earlier this week, the sequel to 2011's X-Men: First Class is officially titled X-Men: Days of Future Past. IGN scored a confirmation directly from the film's producer, Bryan Singer.

"It's called 'Days of Future Past'," he told the site. "It deals with aspects of that comic, but also some very new things."

The comic book storyline, "Days of Future Past" ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 way back in 1981 during Chris Claremont and John Byrne's run and introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

As you can see in the video player below, Singer also says that the hope is to expand the X-Men franchise to become as complete a world as the interconnected film universe of Marvel's The Avengers.

Very Good Rumblings in my opinion. Hoping for an accurate Gambit Jubelle and Sentinels.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Re: XMen Days of Future Past Official Discussion

This could mean we see more than just a sentinels head, I'm excited.

But if these are supposed to tie into the previous movies, and not just First Class, it really limits the potential new members, Storm, Jean, & Scott would be the obvious choices(as they were teachers in the first 3), but also gives room for newer members like Quintin Quire(not holding my breath), The Guthries, or any number of younger stundents. Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, Jubilee, Iceman, & Angel would most likely not be involved if the other 4 movies do tie in.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

could tie in while not a direct continuation alternate timeline is mentioned so could be a scenario where we see these people and then boom were in a different timeline.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score

Unless its to do with saving Senator Kelly from Magneto and warning Jean of becoming the pheonix then I don't know how this will work and then if Wolverine is there what will happen will they kill him or will he go back to the future, another thing they could do is bring Bishop into this.

Andy

Reaction score

I mean, it's possible, but the continuity has become so skewed at this point that it would be rather difficult and would probably entail multiple timelines. Regardless, I'm so pumped for this film, considering the fact that First Class was absolutely brilliant.

Edgimacation

Reaction score

Bishop! Hells, yeah!

Reaction score

I'm guessing he won't tie them into the original three, but make his own timeline throughout sequels from here on out. I could be wrong, but either way I'm incredibly excited about this, X-Men First Class was gold.

Killswitch

Reaction score

Here what's I'd like to see they use the original cast in "flash forwards" and have the First Class cast be the "current" cast, but I doubt they will do that. Then again with Singer involved, and the fact that they had some cameos from the OG cast in the first movie...I don't see them NOT using a few people from the original cast. It could tie everything together quite nicely, but also set forward a slight timeline difference. Kinda like they did with the new Star Trek.

Darth Shizzel

Reaction score

Logan, Storm and Collasaus are fine to use unfortunately Halle Berry said she won't do anymore superhero movies I think the fact that X-Men 3 and Catwoman flopped didn't help things.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

Cameo could be different as shes not actually featured and can't be faulted if it flops. Catwoman well she should have known better.

You'll maybe get Jackman, Mckellan, Stewart (as they all seem to actually enjoy the material) maybe Marsden(is he doing anything) Famke maybe even Grammar but thats really all but really all you need is the first three to satisfy fans.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

In a surprise move, X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn has elected not to helm the upcoming sequel, X-Men: Days of Future Past. Deadline is reporting that, among those being considered to replace him, is X-Men and X2's Bryan Singer, who also produced Vaughn's 2011 film.

Scheduled for release on July 18, 2014, X-Men: Days of Future Past boasts a script by Simon Kinberg and is said to be inspired Chris Claremont and John Byrne's comic book storyline that ran in Uncanny X-Men #141 and 142 back in 1981. "Days of Future Past" introduced the idea of an alternate future for Marvel's mutants that grew out of the Brotherhood of Evil Mutants killing an important senator, leading to a future where all mutants are hunted by Sentinels.

Vaughn is rumored to instead move forward with his proposed feature film, The Secret Service, an original property that re-teams him with Kick-Ass creator Mark Millar. He will still maintain a creative connection, however, to X-Men: Days of Future Past, remaining aboard as a producer.

The news comes on the heels of this morning's reveal that the studio's upcoming The Wolverine will not be a prequel as originally suggested but will, instead, take place after Brett Ratner's X-Men: The Last Stand.

Some really shocking news in the article about both Xmen movies. Hoping the best for both of them but Im unsure now.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score

Gonna be interesting to see how that Wolverine movie pans out. As long as the film is good, I won't be complaining.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2

I have hopes for Wolverine taking place after Last Stand but I think it'll be odd if nobody else from the original trilogy is in it. Also the first Wolverine sucked graphically in my opinion the CGI was horrible.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score

Famke Jansen has signed on for Wolverine, so atleast Jean Grey will be in it, and I have also seen pictures of Silver Samurai. Asides from them, I have no clue about other characters appearing.