X-Men: Days of Future Past Official Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Could always go with MarvelMAX Deadpool to be honest, just completely insane but doesn't break the fourth wall as much.

As for the other's, I'm not sure about Cable being the lead characters, I always find him a struggle to read in comic book form; only Cable & Deadpool is the only Cable comic I've managed to buy more than the first collected of; the characters make up for it if they did go with the X-Force movie.

I will be starting Deadpool Max once I have picked up Second Coming: Revelations, and The Punisher: Franken Castle to finish those runs. Being an Ennis fan I have only read Punisher & Fury Max. But, one of my favorite things about Deadpool is him talking about what should be an inner monologue, and the psychics around him thinking he is completely nuts to believe he is a comic book character.

For me Cable has always been very different from the rest of Marvel's Alpha level characters. Most importantly he is not an Alpha Female(Jean Grey, Rachel Summers, Hope Summers, Wanda Maximoff, & Sue Richards, could all kill Hulk or Wolverine, nevermind characters as powerful as Thanos or Galactus), until recently he had all that power, and had to use it just to keep his body from falling apart thanks to the Techno-Organic Virus(for those that don't know, its apparent in Cables victory celebration in Marvel vs. Capcom 2) because Apocalypse himself feared the overall power Cable possessed. Its kind of like Superman learning how to be a superhero while being encased in Kryptonite. And being a soldier sent from the current timeline into the future by his parents (Scott Summers & Jean Grey) to protect him, then having to return to our timeline to save the future makes him like a badass Booster Gold(and Amalgam made a huge mistake by not making Booster Cable). I can understand people not finding him to be a great character, but with X-Force they have a chance to do a very different kind of story, and have the ability to be slightly darker, having Wolverine as a secondary character would still get casuals to watch, including Dom, Wolfsbane, or X-23 gets the sex appeal, and Cable would be a chance to establish a veteran of wars, that if he is successful will never happen(which could actually create the AoA without the use of David Haller)

Psylock concerns me slightly, as you need an Asian actress who can pull off decent stunts, with either a British accent, or voice over. It just seems like too much work to put into a character in film.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think this is probably only first 45 minutes of the movie. We've seen no dark future. He goes back in time changes shit but not the right way goes to the sentinel controlled future?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I think this is probably only first 45 minutes of the movie. We've seen no dark future. He goes back in time changes shit but not the right way goes to the sentinel controlled future?

The parts with the cast from the earlier movies are the Sentinel controlled future, they are sending Logan back so they can get a chance at a brighter future.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The parts with the cast from the earlier movies are the Sentinel controlled future, they are sending Logan back so they can get a chance at a brighter future.

I understand that. But we don't see the dark future very much in the trailer. We don't see any of the old cast accept the main 3 and rogue really. I think there is more to it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Iceman, Rogue, Shadowcat, Magneto, Xavier, Wolverine, and Storm were all seen from what I can remember of the trailer by now. We only saw Mystique, Magneto & Xavier from the First Class.

And if they do this right, the dystopian future should be like Terminator. Not a great deal of time spent actually showing it, and giving hints and clues as the story progresses. The viewers imagination is stronger than actually showing it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I must be confusing Days of Future Past with another storyline. I thought Wolverine was in the future but communicated to Xavier of the past.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I wont lie, Days of Future Past is one of the very few X-Men lines I haven't had a chance to read, as my collection starts at Legion Quest, and goes up to Onslaught(except I cant find a copy of Fatal Attraction), and picks up again at Deadly Genesis. I know the basics (have to save the life of Senator Kelly), and obviously the iconic cover.

They are going to change the shit out of the story, no doubt. Which could be why I am actually excited to see an X-Men movie when I have been disappointed in every one since X-3(where they first teased DoFP), or it could be Singer returning.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Yeah but if I'm writing going to the future from the past is a helluva lot different than reverse

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yeah but if I'm writing going to the future from the past is a helluva lot different than reverse

Pretty sure they still go back in time. I think what they are actually doing is sending Logan's mind back into his younger self(or that's how I took what was said in the trailer atleast). And I could be wrong, but isn't Days of Future Past the timeline Rachel Grey is introduced?