Wyatt to adopt The Ascension?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
If they want to replace Rowan and Harper, The Ascension would certainly be the best talent to do it with. I'd much rather they just let the Family go and have Bray Wyatt go on his own, though.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
Wyatt to adopt The Ascension? No, thanks.

However, I'm looking forward to seeing how The Wyatt Family break-up goes...
Luke Harper comes out alone, Bray Wyatt comes out alone, Erick Rowan comes out alone.

I highly doubt an actual angle will be involved to end the Wyatt Family.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Luke Harper comes out alone, Bray Wyatt comes out alone, Erick Rowan comes out alone.

I highly doubt an actual angle will be involved to end the Wyatt Family.

So it'll go down quitely and unexplained like Ambrose/Reigns alliance? Meh.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
So it'll go down quitely and unexplained like Ambrose/Reigns alliance? Meh.
You have to admit, Rollins coming out of nowhere, being called 'the architect' and dismantling them the way he did killed the Shield.
Once Rollins defected like that the Shield lost its legs because they were noobs.
A vet may have rallied the Shield together, but they each (Reigns/Ambrose) had a long career ahead of them.

I never bought Rollins as the leadership type. He isn't inspiring enough. It was a reach and something HHH put together I'd imagine.
It may have been put in place months prior, but Ambrose is more inspiring as a leader than Seth Rollins could dream of being.
Simply making Dean Ambrose a 'lunatic' is in no way a slight to his ability to motivate or inspire others around him.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
You have to admit, Rollins coming out of nowhere, being called 'the architect' and dismantling them the way he did killed the Shield.
Once Rollins defected like that the Shield lost its legs because they were noobs.
A vet may have rallied the Shield together, but they each (Reigns/Ambrose) had a long career ahead of them.

I never bought Rollins as the leadership type. He isn't inspiring enough. It was a reach and something HHH put together I'd imagine.
It may have been put in place months prior, but Ambrose is more inspiring as a leader than Seth Rollins could dream of being.
Simply making Dean Ambrose a 'lunatic' is in no way a slight to his ability to motivate or inspire others around him.

Trust me, I have no problem with Seth being the sole reason of The Shield's demise. I was really looking forward to its build-up, but then it came out of the blue and it kinda surprised me. I was like 'What? No build up to this at all? They'd better have some good explanation for this' and it never happened... It just bothers me that Ambrose/Reigns alliance afterwards was smothered quietly, as well, with no explanations whatsoever. So they just threw it out of the window and decided to push Reigns.

Yeah, Rollins doesn't strike me as the leadership type, either. It was Ambrose's awesome mic skills and cockiness that got me into The Shield. By pushing Rollins to stardom, they kinda wanted to throw that whole 'the architect' shtick in order to make him look superior to Ambrose and Reigns. Oh, well... I'm enjoying the Rollins/Ambrose feud, though.

They can give Ambrose any gimmick, if you will, and he'd just take the ball and run home with it. The dude's pure gold. I never pictured Dean as a babyface, and look at him now, the dude's doing a helluva job and still has the ability to motivate/inspire others around him, what you've just mentioned in your final sentence.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Trust me, I have no problem with Seth being the sole reason of The Shield's demise. I was really looking forward to its build-up, but then it came out of the blue and it kinda surprised me. I was like 'What? No build up to this at all? They'd better have some good explanation for this' and it never happened... It just bothers me that Ambrose/Reigns alliance afterwards was smothered quietly, as well, with no explanations whatsoever. So they just threw it out of the window and decided to push Reigns.

Yeah, Rollins doesn't strike me as the leadership type, either. It was Ambrose's awesome mic skills and cockiness that got me into The Shield. By pushing Rollins to stardom, they kinda wanted to throw that whole 'the architect' shtick in order to make him look superior to Ambrose and Reigns. Oh, well... I'm enjoying the Rollins/Ambrose feud, though.

They can give Ambrose any gimmick, if you will, and he'd just take the ball and run home with it. The dude's pure gold. I never pictured Dean as a babyface, and look at him now, the dude's doing a helluva job and still has the ability to motivate/inspire others around him, what you've just mentioned in your final sentence.
Rollins being the conspirator to ending the Shield didn't bother me, in the least. Writing him as the Architect is laughable.
If HHH simply convinced Rollins to betray his brothers, it would appear more realistic (even though wrestling is fake) and something one could sink their teeth into.
To this day, even within the Authority, I see no evidence of Seth Rollins being a leader. He's HHH's chosen. This is fine with me.
The Shield ended on June 2nd. Nobody will remember 'Reigns and Ambrose' as the Shield so there was no reason to elaborate further.

The Wyatt's are one main event star with two questionable futures. Harper will stick in some capacity. Rowan is a bigger question.
With Harper's vignette, it's explanation enough. If Rowan 'defected', Wyatt would seem more human as if he couldn't control his followers anymore.
The last thing WWE wants (right now) is for Wyatt to give the impression he's lost his grip or that he can't manipulate or control his followers anymore.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
The Wyatt's are one main event star with two questionable futures. Harper will stick in some capacity. Rowan is a bigger question.
With Harper's vignette, it's explanation enough. If Rowan 'defected', Wyatt would seem more human as if he couldn't control his followers anymore.
The last thing WWE wants (right now) is for Wyatt to give the impression he's lost his grip or that he can't manipulate or control his followers anymore.

I never thought The Wyatt Family break up would go down like it's going to be, in silence... I'm cool with them going separate ways, though, even though I pictured it differently. I love Bray and Harper, I'm kinda indifferent what happens to Rowan, tbh. I'm looking forward to seeing how this whole thing with The Wyatts ends.

So, with Harper leaving and having a run for the US/IC title, this'll hopefully lead to Bray becoming an anti-hero character... One can dream.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I loved that The Shield split after Rollins turned on Reigns and Ambrose. I thought that was the perfect way to write it. It meant The Shield will forever go down in history as a three man stable consisting of Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. No fourth member, no replacement for Rollins, no predictable "Ambrose going heel and turning on Reigns later on" angle afterwards, etc. The moment Rollins slammed that chair into Reigns' back, it was over for the group entirely.

Shame that the Wyatts are going out not with a bang but with a whimper, though. There was so much more they could have done with these three as a Family. They should have put the tag team championships on Rowan and Harper for starters, but whatever, no use complaining about that again.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I loved that The Shield split after Rollins turned on Reigns and Ambrose. I thought that was the perfect way to write it. It meant The Shield will forever go down in history as a three man stable consisting of Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns. No fourth member, no replacement for Rollins, no predictable "Ambrose going heel and turning on Reigns later on" angle afterwards, etc. The moment Rollins slammed that chair into Reigns' back, it was over for the group entirely.

Shame that the Wyatts are going out not with a bang but with a whimper, though. There was so much more they could have done with these three as a Family. They should have put the tag team championships on Rowan and Harper for starters, but whatever, no use complaining about that again.
You mean to tell me giving the Lose-o's a 202 day long title reign (sixth longest in WWE history) didn't strike your fancy?
With the compelling interviews, the intellectual undertones and the quality matches the Lose-O's gave us, who could ask for more?
Their entrance dance is riveting entertainment. And, wow, the chanting with the crowd is so awe-inspring and reeks of educational integrity.

F*** you, Rikishi. If I could go back in a time machine to 1984 I'd tell your fat a** to wear protection.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
You mean to tell me giving the Lose-o's a 202 day long title reign (sixth longest in WWE history) didn't strike your fancy?
With the compelling interviews, the intellectual undertones and the quality matches the Lose-O's gave us, who could ask for more?
Their entrance dance is riveting entertainment. And, wow, the chanting with the crowd is so awe-inspring and reeks of educational integrity.

F*** you, Rikishi. If I could go back in a time machine to 1984 I'd tell your fat a** to wear protection.
I actually like The Usos as a tag team and enjoyed their title reign a lot, I just felt Rowan and Harper were the perfect guys to drop the belts to. They could have had a great "reign of terror" with the straps, too:

-Battling The Usos again (Obligatory rematch, and considering the level of match quality when these four are in the ring with one another, I wouldn't have minded one more bout between them.)
-The Dust Brothers (The eccentricity of both teams would have made for a compelling feud.)
-Big Show and Mark Henry (A good big man feud.)
-Slater Gator (Only a one-month off thing. Titus and Slater win a match to become the #1 contender's, and just imagine how much the crowd would pop when it looked like this unlikely duo were about to pull off an upset over the Wyatts for the titles.)
-New Age Outlaws (Maybe? A long enough period of time has passed for people to separate them from being associated with The Authority earlier in the year, and the feud and especially Road Dogg's mic work towards the Wyatts sounds
like it'd be entertaining.)

They could have rode it out all the way to Wrestlemania and dropped the championships to The Ascension, or they could have dropped them to The Dust Brothers at some point, who in turn would have dropped them to The Ascension. Either way is fine with me.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
I actually like The Usos as a tag team and enjoyed their title reign a lot, I just felt Rowan and Harper were the perfect guys to drop the belts to. They could have had a great "reign of terror" with the straps, too:

-Battling The Usos again (Obligatory rematch, and considering the level of match quality when these four are in the ring with one another, I wouldn't have minded one more bout between them.)
-The Dust Brothers (The eccentricity of both teams would have made for a compelling feud.)
-Big Show and Mark Henry (A good big man feud.)
-Slater Gator (Only a one-month off thing. Titus and Slater win a match to become the #1 contender's, and just imagine how much the crowd would pop when it looked like this unlikely duo were about to pull off an upset over the Wyatts for the titles.)
-New Age Outlaws (Maybe? A long enough period of time has passed for people to separate them from being associated with The Authority earlier in the year, and the feud and especially Road Dogg's mic work towards the Wyatts sounds
like it'd be entertaining.)

They could have rode it out all the way to Wrestlemania and dropped the championships to The Ascension, or they could have dropped them to The Dust Brothers at some point, who in turn would have dropped them to The Ascension. Either way is fine with me.
I'd rather have X-Pac team with the 1-2-3 Kid featuring Sean Waltman ringside them than watch the Lose-O's damage my hopes for genuine entertainment.
To each their own. If society is enjoying it, there's no need for the Empire to have them Benoit'd at my request.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'd rather have X-Pac team with the 1-2-3 Kid featuring Sean Waltman ringside them than watch the Lose-O's damage my hopes for genuine entertainment.
To each their own. If society is enjoying it, there's no need for the Empire to have them Benoit'd at my request.

Enzo Amore and Big Cass are more entertaining than any other team, let alone The Usos can ever dream to be.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score

What's wrong with The Usos in your view, if I may ask? It's hard for me to hate them since they have a good theme, a good entrance, great chemistry as a team, and the whole "twin" thing can come in handy when it comes to fooling and outsmarting your opponents. They can definitely bring in the ring, too. To each his own indeed.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
What's wrong with The Usos in your view, if I may ask? It's hard for me to hate them since they have a good theme, a good entrance, great chemistry as a team, and the whole "twin" thing can come in handy when it comes to fooling and outsmarting your opponents. They can definitely bring in the ring, too. To each his own indeed.
Because their entrance sucks d*** and is reminiscent of a high school rally, not to mention their cultural Samoan dance I'm supposed to be 'tolerant' of.
I'm not racist by any means but that dance is weak and lame. I don't want to hear them say 'U' so I can say 'So'
It doesn't work that way. I don't have to do or say anything. They are supposed to entertain me, not the other way around.
They jump the top rope (barely) when Undertaker could clear that sucker easily at twice their age.

It's all Rikishi's fault for making them believe they could be as cool as he was. They're aren't.