WWE's Feelings On Kassius Ohno, Backstage News On Vince McMahon

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
A lot of fans were wondering why NXT star Kassius Ohno, the former Chris Hero, didn't debut with Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Roman Reigns on Sunday night at WWE's Survivor Series pay-per-view. We noted recently that WWE officials were talking about bringing some NXT stars to the main roster and the Survivor Series angle was the result of that. Ohno was never talked about in regards to being brought to the main roster now. Officials are high on Ohno but the feeling is that he needs more "seasoning" before being called up.

Multiple sources mention these days that Vince McMahon is going back and forth on creative decisions more than ever.

Read more: WWE's Feelings On Kassius Ohno, Backstage News On Vince McMahon, The Rock Meets Jack - WrestlingInc.com

I think the "seasoning" is code word for he needs to hit the gym.

THOUGHTS!

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'd agree with you, but Rollins is hardly body of the year either.

If anyone needed more work on nXt it was Rollins, they still haven't washed the indy off him and his entrance is goofy and screams jobber.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Out of the people I've seen on NXT that aren't on the main roster at all, Ohno's probably the most ready, at least seems that way to me.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Why hesitate? He's proven himself very well in ROH. NXT he's doing very well with also. I don't think he needs seasoning. WWE just doesn't know how to handle really good talent.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He hasn't been in developmental that long, still needs to learn the WWE way of not using every single move that you have ever performed in one match. Also needs to learn to work three minute tv matches rather than thirty minute battles. Plus needs to get in a bit better shape as well.

The guy in developmental that should be on the main roster is Xavier Woods. He was good in TNA as Consequences Creed and he has been in developmental for a couple of years and should be more than ready.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He hasn't been in developmental that long, still needs to learn the WWE way of not using every single move that you have ever performed in one match. Also needs to learn to work three minute tv matches rather than thirty minute battles. Plus needs to get in a bit better shape as well.

The guy in developmental that should be on the main roster is Xavier Woods. He was good in TNA as Consequences Creed and he has been in developmental for a couple of years and should be more than ready.

He's got the WWE style down and working good 3 minute matches on NXT. Seems to be in fine shape, but I can't really vouch for that too much.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
He hasn't even been there for a year so he hasn't been there too long especially compared to some of the others that were there a lot longer. I am sure that sometime next year he will be brought up along with quite a few others that should be ready for the main roster by that stage.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I know I'm just saying he already seems way more ready than anyone else. I'm fine with him not being called up yet, but you'd hear no complaints from me if he was.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Was Del Rio or Cesaro in FCW/NXT for a year?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Del Rio spent a good bit down there but then again they taught him English as well. I'd say his seasoning is his stiffness. He's good, he just hits a little bit hard, not that it is bad because it makes it believable, but they can't have him knocking fools out either. Likes his match work though, as he's probably the second best guy left there (I got Bray one and Joe three)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Was Del Rio or Cesaro in FCW/NXT for a year?

Cesaro spent about eight months in developmental and Del Rio didn't have to go to FCW for seasoning. He worked there a couple of times but his stuff was done away from FCW, kind of like what they did with Sin Cara.

But just look at the other guys that were just brought up, Rollins spent two years there and Ambrose 15 months. It isn't strange to see someone spend quite a bit of time in FCW even if fans think he is ready. Plus with Ohno maybe they are still trying to figure out the right gimmick and moveset for him.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The guy is fine as he is, sure he could hit the gym and get ripped more but that's about it as he's more than ready to be called up to the main roster. The only thing holding him back is Wade making a mockery of his gimmick and finisher.

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
His physique could be the only thing holding him back at this stage. Even though he really doesn't need to buff up or anything in my opinion.

Ohno doesn't even have anything left to learn in developmental anyway. He has the gimmick, he can carry himself quite well and he can easily work a WWE type match. For me he never should have been put in developmental in the first place.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jesus does everyone who was ever in ROH have to automatically be heralded as the next big thing in WWE?

There is a certain amount of dues meant to be paid before you get anywhere, whatever anyone has done outside of WWE walls don't mean shit to the people running that place.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jesus does everyone who was ever in ROH have to automatically be heralded as the next big thing in WWE?

There is a certain amount of dues meant to be paid before you get anywhere, whatever anyone has done outside of WWE walls don't mean shit to the people running that place.

No, I still don't believe Seth Rollins is ready to be on the main roster.