WWE WrestleMania 31 Preview + Live Discussion: March 29, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Surely they're still adding a tag title match?

Drew

Reaction score
Nah I'm thinking 3-4 tag man match(depending on the Uso injury I heard them talking about).

Weird that neither the Tag Title not the Diva title will be on the line.

Also, sabre, once again shows his ignorance. It would not be stupid to push Bryan to the ME event again as the fans would eat it the fuck up and increase the general mood for the show.

Right now a lot of people are underwhelmed by this WM. Especially Brock/Reigns.

Put Bryan in that match, hell even as another 3 way, and it bumps this WM up immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drew

Reaction score
Also saw this rumor on another board, not WC. Don't know the source though and it could just be crap thrown at the wall:

The internet rumor of the day comes from the guy on Reddit who has backstage sources and has put out truthful backstage stuff in the past.

Rumor is Brock is going to re-sign and Triple H is pushing for him to keep the title, keep Brock a special attraction, and try to make the US and IC titles prestigious with them being on Cena and Bryan respectively and make them the focal point of the show when Brock isn't around.

That would be interesting. And I wouldn't exactly hate that.

It'd almost be like it was when you had the Wwe title and the Heavyweight title represented in Smackdown and Raw(and remember the rumor that Bryan has asked to be the headliner for Smackdown to bring it back to prominence).

It'll also make the Wwe Heavyweight title defended less often and even more prestigious. With less title changes.

Not sure it's true but definately a different way to take it.

Only thing that really sucks would it would mean Cena is beating Rusev.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Nah I'm thinking 3-4 tag man match(depending on the Uso injury I heard them talking about).

Weird that neither the Tag Title not the Diva title will be on the line.

Also, sabre, once again shows his ignorance. It would not be stupid to push Bryan to the ME event again as the fans would eat it the fuck up and increase the general mood for the show.

Right now a lot of people are underwhelmed by this WM. Especially Brock/Reigns.

Put Bryan in that match, hell even as another 3 way, and it bumps this WM up immediately.

Ah it never fails to amaze me how shortsighted you are. Look at the bigger picture. why the hell would they do a 3 way again? That's such a cop out. Also, pushing Bryan to the main event would just bea rehash of last year. It's time to try something new. Reigns has been getting huge pops every week: maybe not as big as Bryan but pretty close. There's nothing wrong with Bryan working in the mid card for a little while I'm sure he'll be world champion again in due time.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have to agree the @Sabretooth, there's no reason Bryan has to main event WrestleMania every year. He had his moment last year, now it's Reigns'.

Whether or not he's ready, Roman Reigns has been given his own WrestleMania moment and it's his to capitalize on or not.

Just like Daniel Bryan's is his chance to win the Intercontinental Championship for the first time. Which in and of itself an equally big deal.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
this "he had his moment" talk is stupid.

WWE is a business. Businesses are supposed to want to make money. So it's your biggest show of the year, one of your biggest money-makers, where do you put your most popular hero?

I hate to go back to this point, but imagine WWE did this with Austin back in 1998.

"Well, he gets great reactions, his t-shirts are popular, & he's gaining cross-culture recognition. But Ahmed Johnson is really big, so put him in the main event".

The most popular guy should be in a more important role. It's why I never had a beef with Miz main eventing WM27, he was the top heel on the roster at the time, made sense.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

WWE is a business. Businesses are supposed to want to make money. So it's your biggest show of the year, one of your biggest money-makers, where do you put your most popular hero?

I hate to go back to this point, but imagine WWE did this with Austin back in 1998.

"Well, he gets great reactions, his t-shirts are popular, & he's gaining cross-culture recognition. But Ahmed Johnson is really big, so put him in the main event".

The most popular guy should be in a more important role. It's why I never had a beef with Miz main eventing WM27, he was the top heel on the roster at the time, made sense.
Reigns is still very popular and Bryan looks like a IC title contender, Austin didn't. I don't know what any of you have been watching but Reigns gets huge pops. If you think people aren't gonna watch WrestleMania just because Reigns is in the main event you're wrong.

Reactions: 1 person

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

WWE is a business, and as business they'd like to have more than ONE money maker in their company. Everyone complains that John Cena was the only guy WWE put time into, and now when Daniel Bryan is the top guy it's like we're done now, don't need anymore draws. We're good with the one. No, that's asinine. Daniel Bryan can draw money for WWE as the Intercontinental Champion, not only that, but you forget Brock Lesnar is the key draw here, not Reigns. Reigns is the challenger. The main event is riding on Brock Lesnar drawing the money. Following Reigns presumed defeat of said Brock Lesnar, the hope is Reigns can possibility become the next top draw for WWE. If WWE thought the only person who could draw money was Daniel Bryan, he WOULD be in the main event. But how about we see how Roman Reigns does against Brock Lesnar before we count him out.

Also, it's not like Triple H or the Rock didn't get WrestleMania main events during the Atttitude Era. 1998 would be XXX where Daniel Bryan did main event, your analogy would be equivalent to Austin not main eventing XV, and I honestly feel it would be perfectly acceptable had Rock main evented that against Foley or anyone else really.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reigns is still very popular and Bryan looks like a IC title contender, Austin didn't. I don't know what any of you have been watching but Reigns gets huge pops. If you think people aren't gonna watch WrestleMania just because Reigns is in the main event you're wrong.
Exactly. And people forget that it was once considered an honor to be Intercontinental Champion. It's the one title Bryan has won yet. Let the kid if have hos moment with likes of Mr. Perfect.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
The problem is that Reigns has been thrust into the spotlight. The man clearly isn't ready, he isn't that amazing in the ring and he absolutely sucks on the mic. He is over but still gets boos, he is nowhere near Bryan's level of over. Reigns isn't ready to be in the Main Event of Wrestlemania, he isn't a ring general and Lesnar isn't exactly known as being able to dictate a match. This has trainwreck written all over it. Bryan vs Lesnar is just $$$, Reigns vs Lesnar isn't.

Reigns needed natural progression, he needed time in the mid-card to grow as a competitor and really fine tune all his abilities.abilities. Cena had that natural progression and look at the man now. Due to how WWE has pushed him so early, I think this is sink or swim time for Reigns. If he fails, it's going to be almost impossible to recover.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The problem is that Reigns has been thrust into the spotlight. The man clearly isn't ready, he isn't that amazing in the ring and he absolutely sucks on the mic. He is over but still gets boos, he is nowhere near Bryan's level of over. Reigns isn't ready to be in the Main Event of Wrestlemania, he isn't a ring general and Lesnar isn't exactly known as being able to dictate a match. This has trainwreck written all over it. Bryan vs Lesnar is just $$$, Reigns vs Lesnar isn't.

Reigns needed natural progression, he needed time in the mid-card to grow as a competitor and really fine tune all his abilities.abilities. Cena had that natural progression and look at the man now. Due to how WWE has pushed him so early, I think this is sink or swim time for Reigns. If he fails, it's going to be almost impossible to recover.

Any time Reigns has been in a big match he's delivered, namely at Summerslam 2014 and Fastlane. It's not like this is his first big match situation. I'm sure he can handle himself. And besides, a match like Brock vs Roman doesn't have to be a wrestling clinic. There's different ways to have a good match.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Any time Reigns has been in a big match he's delivered, namely at Summerslam 2014 and Fastlane. It's not like this is his first big match situation. I'm sure he can handle himself. And besides, a match like Brock vs Roman doesn't have to be a wrestling clinic. There's different ways to have a good match.
Do you mean the match when Orton carried him? That's not even Orton bias speaking, he carried Reigns throughout that match. It would have been horrible without Orton in it.

Reigns was alright at Fastlane but Bryan outshined him.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
WWE announced this afternoon that there will be a tournament during the Thursday AXXESS session featuring NXT talents. The winner of the tournament will be entered into the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at Wrestlemania 31.

Announced as competing in the tournament thus far are Adrian Neville, Finn Bálor, Tyler Breeze and Hideo Itami.
PWInsider

Will be interesting to see who gets the win and goes to WM.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Do you mean the match when Orton carried him? That's not even Orton bias speaking, he carried Reigns throughout that match. It would have been horrible without Orton in it.

Reigns was alright at Fastlane but Bryan outshined him.

Don't forget that was at the beginning of Reigns' singles run. Orton helped him out but he still did a fair amount. And wow congratulations for Bryan outshining him, Bryan has only had like 10 years in the Indy circuit to hone his skills. The fact that reigns did well shows he's got what it takes. Maybe you'll prove me wrong at WrestleMania but I don't think so.